Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Worst Fall Off Skill Wise: Prodigy vs Kurupt

Worst Fall Off

• Prodigy

• Kurupt

Results are only viewable after voting.

Busta Carmichael

LOT - Full-Time Kufi/Yarmulke Smacker
Both elite MC's of their time and definitely the best out their duo's.

But the latter of their career it seemed like they just got lazy with the rhymes or didn't seem to care.

Who had the worst fall off for murdering every track/feature to being a skippable verse?

Prodigy never fell off, in fact he was getting better... His last album before he passed away “Hegelian Dialectic.. (The book of revelation)” is on point with all the shit that’s going on in America right now...
We all loved P but let's not lie to ourselves.

Skill wise dude was top 10 in the 90s to not even being the one of the best in G unit

I always thought Kurupt was abit overrated and Daz underrated... Kurupt was really dope, especially in the early 90s but alot of people spoke of him skillwise like he was Ras Kass or a lyrical genius...

I always thought Kurupt was abit overrated and Daz underrated... Kurupt was really dope, especially in the early 90s but alot of people spoke of him skillwise like he was Ras Kass or a lyrical genius...
I mean a lot of dope rapper have came out since, but when Kurupt made his debut in 93 there weren't a lot of MC's spitting like that.

Big and Nas didn't come out until that next year.

A lot of rappers were still rapping like KRS with nursery hip and the hop rhymes.

I mean a lot of dope rapper have came out since, but when Kurupt made his debut in 93 there weren't a lot of MC's spitting like that.

Big and Nas didn't come out until that next year.

A lot of rappers were still rapping like KRS with nursery hip and the hop rhymes.

Yeah I do get what youre saying but there were rappers spitting with the 'new skool' flow in 1993, Redman had dropped in 1992 (i think), even rappers like Mase were dropping freestyles and cultivating a new smooth, monotone flow... No doubt there were still rappers the using old skool flow though...

I do agree that Kurupt bought something new but I also think alot of West Coast rappers (like kurupt) were using the 'new skool' style sooner then most, which I think is partly down to the smoother beats... 2Pac had 'I Get Around' (Money B was slick with his verse on there) and 'Keep Ya Head Up', also Souls of Mischief and Tha Liks spring to mind and Snoop had a smooth, unique style back in the early 90s...

Regarding the 'new skool' flow, I always thought Big L was one of the first to come with that butter flow too...

Last edited:
Yeah I do get what youre saying but there were rappers spitting with the 'new skool' flow in 1993, Redman had dropped in 1992 (i think), even rappers like Mase were dropping freestyles and cultivating a new smooth, monotone flow... No doubt there were still rappers the using old skool flow though...

I do agree that Kurupt bought something new but I also think alot of West Coast rappers (like kurupt) were using the 'new skool' style sooner then most, which I think is partly down to the smoother beats... 2Pac had 'I Get Around' (Money B was slick with his verse on there) and 'Keep Ya Head Up', also Souls of Mischief and Tha Liks spring to mind and Snoop had a smooth, unique style back in the early 90s...

Regarding the 'new skool' flow, I always thought Big L was one of the first to come with that butter flow too...
Exactly, I think no one knew Kurupt was from Philly since internet wasn't around back then, so an L.A. artist spitting like an Eastcoast mc was new.

Also all eyes were on the new Westcoast scene because they brought a new sound so Kurupt really stood out.

I give you redman but redman wasn't on kurupt level of spitting back on time for some action.

Exactly, I think no one knew Kurupt was from Philly since internet wasn't around back then, so an L.A. artist spitting like an Eastcoast mc was new.

Also all eyes were on the new Westcoast scene because they brought a new sound so Kurupt really stood out.

I give you redman but redman wasn't on kurupt level of spitting back on time for some action.

Yeah Kurupt did stand out with energy matched with his aggressiveness...

sometimes you need ya partner in rhyme with you at all times...Daz complimented Kurupt which make him better rapper when they were a group...age defines your longevity.

Now I'm a top of the line P fan period I'll defend him tooth and nail, good album bad one...There was a point where P wasn't P.. He slipped slightly (if im not mistaken the g unit merger (Blood Money wasn't awful either)I think it was due to lack or expectation and not having to be the focal point)..

sometimes when you are ahead of your time it catches you eventually

Back