Welcome To aBlackWeb

Work Out, Get Fit Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love working out at home. No commute to the gym, no waiting on equipment, etc. I get a full workout in half the time I normally would.

Plus I put the tv on a good show, which is what I’d be doing anyway if not working out. That’s how I get through a lot of shows so quick, lol.
Just harder to motivate since you have the luxury of not goin anywhere

PT for what?
Long story short

I got into an accident shit, maybe 6 yrs ago and never went to PT cause I didn't think my knee pain was from the wreck but from the amount of games I tend to referee during the summer.

Come to find out it was linked but bc I never got therapy, it made other things weaker which fucked up my balance and weight distribution cause key joints were overcompensating. The pain eventually went from my left knee to the right one then both would hurt like nothing I've ever experienced.

Long story short

I got into an accident shit, maybe 6 yrs ago and never went to PT cause I didn't think my knee pain was from the wreck but from the amount of games I tend to referee during the summer.

Come to find out it was linked but bc I never got therapy, it made other things weaker which fucked up my balance and weight distribution cause key joints were overcompensating. The pain eventually went from my left knee to the right one then both would hurt like nothing I've ever experienced.
ewing_knees.jpg

Yeaaah you gon wanna put pads down on that concrete where you deadlift.

Garage concrete fractures surprisingly easy.
I typically do. The pads are against the wall to the right. Plus I use Olympic weights and crumb rubber plates to help out as well.

Appreciate the tip though!

Question, when you deadlift, do you just drop the weight? I try to do a controlled drop but I think that shit is getting to my back.

I typically do. The pads are against the wall to the right. Plus I use Olympic weights and crumb rubber plates to help out as well.

Question, when you deadlift, do you just drop the weight? I try to do a controlled drop but I think that shit is getting to my back.
Controlled decent.

It will be counted as a failure if you were to drop it at a competition.

Just dawned on me that you said your back is acting up.

This advice is dependent on you having proper form.

If you are getting to the point that your lower back is reaching failure while do deadlifts, I suggest lowering how many sets you pull and adding rack pulls to the mix. This will help with your deadlifts in the long run.

Just dawned on me that you said your back is acting up.

This advice is dependent on you having proper form.

If you are getting to the point that your lower back is reaching failure while do deadlifts, I suggest lowering how many sets you pull and adding rack pulls to the mix. This will help with your deadlifts in the long run.
Cool, appreciate that. I think it’s really the weight I’m pulling cause I’m only doing 3 sets at a time, at most 2 days a week because I’m doing other leg exercises at other times. I deadlifted every bit of weight I have which is 215lbs and got cocky, lol. Tried to hit that every set and wore my shit out. I probably should really be keeping it in the 185 range.

And before you say anything, lol, yes I do need two 45lb plates because I’m growing out of what I have now. I’m benching 200 so I’ll be maxed out on my bench soon too. I been hitting the 215 on my squat for a minute now.

Started getting up at 5am every morning to work out, 6am on the weekends. Best decision I ever made.

Days seem much longer and I’m free in the evenings to do what I want. I don’t lose any time with the wife and kids.

And even though I love them, I don’t have to worry about being bothered when working out at 5:30am, lol. So peaceful.

Started getting up at 5am every morning to work out, 6am on the weekends. Best decision I ever made.

Days seem much longer and I’m free in the evenings to do what I want. I don’t lose any time with the wife and kids.

And even though I love them, I don’t have to worry about being bothered when working out at 5:30am, lol. So peaceful.

That's what would be ideal for me too. A nice energizing workout to start ur day right. Even just waking up early alone, the day feels young and fresh, like there's a lot to tackle but u got the time to handle it.
Easier said than done for ppl with sleep issues, but a good start to the day can influence how the rest of it goes.

Black women having lifting parties now, love to see it

Guess who's back in the muthafuccin HOUSE GYM!

Walked in dis bitch like...
giphy (10).gif

Lol!

Actually working out from home mostly. Got weights at the crib. I went from 283 to 269 so far. So right now I'm just gettin my cardio up.

I'ma miss this schedule when I go back to school.

Been back in the gym Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri for the last month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back