Welcome To aBlackWeb

Work Out, Get Fit Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna rejoin my old gym in a few weeks. I’m at 230 and trying to get down to under 200 by the end of June. Gonna do mostly cardio

So this where you niggas been hiding? Lol.

I’ve been working out since Covid hit last year. I had to basically create a little gym in my garage.

I decided to kick it up a notch starting last week. I found this YouTube couple named Juice and Toya and they got some good cardio workouts. The lady does a modified version of things so it's good for everybody.

I started following Will Arrufat (@willthetrainer on Instagram). He posts full workouts which has always been my struggle. I don't have much imagination or memory for exercises when it comes to working out so I just do something he posts.

All that to say I weight train 3 times a week now (chest/back one day, legs shoulders one day, arms and abs with a chest/legs refresh 3rd day). 2 days of the week is cardio where I pick an exercise from either Juice and Toya or Will. Will also helps with the weight training but I like his CrossFit workouts for a cardio day. One of those cardio days are on the weekends and if the weather's nice enough I'll run 3 miles.

Also, does anyone do pre-workouts and protein shakes? If so, what's your go-to for either? Or what supplements do you use in general?

I bought the C4 original formula for pre-workout. I have the Wheybolic Ripped protein from GNC since I'm trying to lose weight. I also have the energy and metabolism daily vitamins.

I'm a straight novice when it comes to supplements though and I feel like I'm overdoing it.

Been busting two a days.

early morning for an hour.
After work for 30-45 minutes. I hope I can keep this up.
If that routine is sustainable, I would say keep it up. Thing biggest thing is about avoiding burn out, if you get to a point where 2 a days is taking a toll on you, scale it back to 1 session a day and combine the workouts (either before or after work). Working out/exercising is lifestyle not a 3 month fad. You got this!!!

Been getting back at it

Discovered a simple quad burnout that works every time

Goblet squats, but when you come up only go 90% of the way, don’t lock your knees out

Constant time under tension

Doesn’t matter how heavy your dumbell/kettlebell is and don’t count reps

Just keep going till you can’t anymore

Also, does anyone do pre-workouts and protein shakes? If so, what's your go-to for either? Or what supplements do you use in general?

I bought the C4 original formula for pre-workout. I have the Wheybolic Ripped protein from GNC since I'm trying to lose weight. I also have the energy and metabolism daily vitamins.

I'm a straight novice when it comes to supplements though and I feel like I'm overdoing it.

Protein is a must.

I recommend creatine. It's one of the more well researched and supported supps for strength, power and muscle gains. Possibly the most effective (of legal means, of course).

Research it a bit, and if u decide to go ahead with it make sure u hydrate well. It can cause cramping otherwise.

My city's still in restricted lockdown so no gyms for me, unfortunately. Just gotta DIY it for the time being.

Good thing is we're inching into spring, all the ice is melted so I been out doing sprints on a strip of concrete in the park behind my house. Got monkey bars for pull-ups, hills for resisted runs, benches and tables for plyometric jumps and good 'ol cardio out on the streets.

No lifting been a bitch tho. I'm tryna get stupid strong again.

When you buy Protein, make sure the prime ingredient is Whey Protein Isolate

The consensus best protein you can buy for gains is Optium Gold

I prefer GNC AMP wheybolic myself...

Had a free personal training session this morning

1616250441024.gif

he only had me doing 10 jumping jacks, 10 squats, 10 push-ups, 10 sit ups and 10 reps with a kettlebell for 2 rounds. It was horrible. Almost threw up. I gotta get back in shape

Had a free personal training session this morning

View attachment 489837

he only had me doing 10 jumping jacks, 10 squats, 10 push-ups, 10 sit ups and 10 reps with a kettlebell for 2 rounds. It was horrible. Almost threw up. I gotta get back in shape
Thats it?
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back