Welcome To aBlackWeb

Work Lackin: The Getting Caught Sleeping On The Job Thread

I used to work on the 9th floor of this one place on broadway but frequently I would have to go to the sub-basement to pack these 30"x40" posters in huge shipping creates with all this foam.

So basically it was inevitable that I built myself a straight-up teenager nest out of all that foam behind the shipping crates and would just be napping lovely after lunch on a near daily basis. Well one day my boss decides to pay me a visit in the sub-basement (she never came down there) and continues to linger for like 30 minutes waiting for me and the whole time I had to be perfectly still and barely breathe in this little ass room that probably smelled like a gyro.

Right when she left I dipped off to the freight elevator, beat her back to the 9th floor and acted like I was waiting for her. LMAO

When I was around 25 I was working overnight as a concierge. There wasn't nothing I couldn't do at this one site I worked at. Would do everything from workout to making wops to smoking weed on the rooftop, even go for a swim from time to time.

They expected us to do a patrol of the stairwells floor to floor. I wasn't about to do that shit. Would pretend I was walking up the stairwell from the basement. Walk past the camera but the staff lounge was just out of the cameras sight so I'd walk in there around 4-4:30am every shift and sleep on the couch until about 5:30 when the newspaper delivery guy would call and say he's about to pull up. Did that shit for about a 6 months then quit cause I was bored af.

Overslept 3 months ago during my lunch break. Maaannnn listen...I fo sure thought I was gonna get in trouble and possibly fired. B/c I was still in training.

I was in my car and my dumbazzz allowed myself to close my eyes and doze off. When I woke up...I think I was 15mins past the scheduled time I was suppose to be back. I rushed my azzz back inside and saw my trainer just sittin there chillin.

I apologized but she was cool af tho. She didn't really care. I think she just gave me a heads up about being careful b/c the sups do pay close attention to that (girl that was training wit me got fired for that). But that day, they wasn't aware, and she wasn't trippin.

Ever since then..I don't eat anything heavy b/c I know it'll just make me sleepy. I think I was just tired af tho. B/c I believe I was still gettin use to morning shift. Smh.

At my last job my field supervisor was cool. He stayed catching folks sleeping in their trucks.

He didn't care as long as you got your 30/40/50 tickets done.

Caught myself nodding off like a muthafucca. Geebus crust I'm sleepy af!

It's never happened to me but when I was doing mobile security I caught a couple people slipping on check ups. Never reported them tho. Heard stories about mfs getting caught beating off, doing all types of drugs and shit 😂😂😂😂😂😂

My one nigga in the winter would just stand by the door of the club with the hood of his parka up and be sleeping through the whole shift. Nigga had 2 newborn twins and was working 3 jobs so we didn't trip we'd just wake him up if shit got shaking. He was so tall the management and owners couldn't tell he was sleeping they just assumed he was quiet. He was massive so that alone made him an asset and they weren't going to complain.

I worked 40 min into my lunch break. Had to stop at 2 other job sites real quick downtown (about 5 min apart from each other). Got back to my site by about 1250. Ate real quick and reclined my seat and rested my eyes.

Bitch ass subcontractor drove past my work truck and snapped a flick of me and sent it to my boss since it was past 1. Luckily my boss was the homey but fuck that guy though.

Lmaoo, one time I slept right through my meeting. I set it up, invited close to 20 people, then forgot
about it.

Had lunch, was like let me take my daily nap while the itis hit, i slept like a baby. Woke up to like 20 pings and emails asking me if the meeting was cancelled.

I still do this.

The site I work on, I found a small back office in one building. Normally all the buildings are climate controlled. So I found one spot w/ a small conference room the size of a small closet that nobody goes in. Thankfully, I don't have a job where I sit at a desk all day. Go there, get about an hour and some change of sleep almost every day in that office. The good thing is when someone is coming, sometimes I hear the *thud thud thud* footsteps on the floor. Jump up, turn the lights on, and stand up over the computer like I'm wide awake and on the job. I kick my feet up on them chairs in that office too and take my shoes off sometimes.

I think my coworker caught me nodding off yesterday. Lol!

Man looka hear...I was gettin them small burst of napping at my desk.

Yeah I have before. You mean to tell me Joe Biden can go to sleep on TV but I can't at work lmao.

I remember a long time ago, I used to work at this big tire warehouse. Whenever it was nap time for me then I'll take a clipboard with some blank paper on it, and walk to the back of the warehouse, to go to sleep in a rack or in a tractor trailer tire. When I wake up and my supervisor or manager was on the floor, then I'll sneak out of my sleeping hiding place and start walking with my clipboard with a paper, like I'm counting inventory. A nigga used to be a smooth criminal at work

Spot I worked as an engineer at had most people on a schedule where they would have every other Friday off. I came in as a contractor with a regular 40hr work week and when I converted to full time I kept the 40hr schedule so I would be basically alone in the office every other week.

Naturally I would sleep the day away.

Had one time where I came back from a 2hr lunch, and 'cause I knew nobody would be there I threw back a couple of shots of Jack at my desk, then kicked my feet up and slept until I heard an "ahem". Woke up and there was one of the security guards standing in front of my cube. I took my feet down then realized I still had the bottle on my desk. Dude was like "Just be careful doing that." and kept it pushing. Mind you, the area I worked in was a secure area so I should have heard the keypad, badge scanner, and the locks but I was so knocked out I ain't hear shit.

Another time I ate lunch in the cafeteria on a Friday. Called myself falling asleep after I ate then woke up 3 hours later. Made my way back to the office and one of the senior PM's just happened to stop by for an hour. I made up some bullshit about going to talk to HR about something and went into the lab to fake like I had been working the whole time.

Dozed off a couple of times sittin at my desk watching Netflix a few minutes ago. This chair ain't helpin mayne

Back