Welcome To aBlackWeb

Work Lackin: The Getting Caught Sleeping On The Job Thread

One job I was working at the health department and I had to do quality assurance on scanned images. That shit was boring and probably was the catalyst for me to start drinking coffee. Anyways I was looking at images and project manager came in with the commissioner of the health dept. I started to fall asleep while dudes were next to me, my manager had to pull me to the side and pretend to have a convo with me so it look like I wasn’t falling asleep

I used to work on the 9th floor of this one place on broadway but frequently I would have to go to the sub-basement to pack these 30"x40" posters in huge shipping creates with all this foam.

So basically it was inevitable that I built myself a straight-up teenager nest out of all that foam behind the shipping crates and would just be napping lovely after lunch on a near daily basis. Well one day my boss decides to pay me a visit in the sub-basement (she never came down there) and continues to linger for like 30 minutes waiting for me and the whole time I had to be perfectly still and barely breathe in this little ass room that probably smelled like a gyro.

Right when she left I dipped off to the freight elevator, beat her back to the 9th floor and acted like I was waiting for her. LMAO
She was probably tryna give you some pussy

I'm usually pretty strict on myself about sleeping at work. However, this one time I was working a double I worked 11 pm to 7 am and I was starting the 7 am to 3 pm shift. I was alone and I think they turned the heat up or something because it was so comfy and cozy in there. I dozed off and the supervisor came in and was talking it woke me up and I think he knew I was sleeping but I recovered fast lol. He just gave me a look and continued talking. It had to be luck lol. I managed to stay awake for the remainder of the shift.

Ironically, the same supervisor who walked in on me got fired for sleeping months later smh

Geezus crust...I've been struggling this morning! I know I done dozed off b/c I missed half the video I was watching a few minutes ago. Smh

Back