Welcome To aBlackWeb

Work Lackin: The Getting Caught Sleeping On The Job Thread

IP360

Doctorate & Ph.D in Bootyology
Dedicated to everyone who has dozed off while at work.

Did you get caught by a coworker or supervisor?

How bout oversleeping on your lunch break?

How long were you asleep before you woke yourself up?

Share your stories.

inspired by my dumbazzz almost falling asleep 20mins ago

Last edited:
My old job had THEE SOFTEST couches upstairs a few years ago.

I usually go upstairs and take a quick 45min nap on my lunch break, b/c no one there after hours or weekends.

One day I fucc'd around and overslept for good hour & 20mins. My body must've realized I had overslept b/c I ended up waking myself up.

I was a floor lead at the time and was taking over for the guy b4 me. Damn there rushed downstairs...walked back in...bruh was GONE. I thought I played it off until I realized just how late I was coming back. Smh.

Luckily no one gave af or didn't even realize it. Didn't even get called back to the supervisor's office afterwards. After that...I started making sure my alarms was set. Smh.

Last edited:
Back when I was a custodian I had one of them nurse cots in the back of my office. I’d set myself up for failure. I’d hit the lights take my shoes off and just max out (this why after this mention I would set my alarm) this one day I was OUT and I was told I was paged a few times( I ain’t hear shit) then there was a knock at my office door, security guard was like yo them been looking for you for the last half hour where you been… I’m straight up like I was knocked out ma … xyz had thrown up. I’m like aw damn welp.. go check it out n it’s a pile of paper towel covering the vomit.

Back in the day I decided to come in early to get some overtime. Only thing is I was so high and drunk from the night before I should've never came in. I get to work I'm doing my thing got the machine running in flawlessly. I said fuck it and started a second machine because I was in the zone. Soon as I get the other machine running I started getting sleepy. My drunkeness caught up with me and I basically passed out.

My boss comes by with the head of the factory actually coming to give me praise because I was supposed to get a raise and new position. Smh my dumbass ended up getting fired and my niggas was clowning me SMH. My boss ended up getting me back on but I didn't last maybe a 2-3mos after that.

I stay taking 2 min naps in PD sessions. As long as I’m not sleeping in class, who the fuck cares?

Im also convinced that I’m narcoleptic, so that doesn’t help. I fall asleep EVERYWHERE. I dozed off at this wedding I’m at twice.

Last edited:
I feel asleep ar work i was the only one there but i was this close
🤏 to sleeping there the night .. a few years ago

Overslept 3 months ago during my lunch break. Maaannnn listen...I fo sure thought I was gonna get in trouble and possibly fired. B/c I was still in training.

I was in my car and my dumbazzz allowed myself to close my eyes and doze off. When I woke up...I think I was 15mins past the scheduled time I was suppose to be back. I rushed my azzz back inside and saw my trainer just sittin there chillin.

I apologized but she was cool af tho. She didn't really care. I think she just gave me a heads up about being careful b/c the sups do pay close attention to that (girl that was training wit me got fired for that). But that day, they wasn't aware, and she wasn't trippin.

Ever since then..I don't eat anything heavy b/c I know it'll just make me sleepy. I think I was just tired af tho. B/c I believe I was still gettin use to morning shift. Smh.

Last edited:
Back