Welcome To aBlackWeb

Willow Smith Claims She and her Brother Jaden gets Shunned by the Black American Community

He killed one person and wanted to empower millions who was under crushing oppressive rulers. And since they stopped him those people are still under that same oppression , now the oppressor is more powerful. Nothing changed once wakanda opened up.

had they lost then what?

giphy.gif

i identify with him 100%.

how the fuck you gonna leave someone to fend for themselves and never go back to check on them. then look at them like their anger is not justified.
the blind rage o him burning all the plants.....maybe just maybe it was him not wanting another weak ass ruler coming along and undoing what he was about to do.

he was for his people and not his comfort.

and t'challa out here sharing with the enemy and them allowed the war to destroy wakanda. and guess what......i bet some white people came to buy up the property to gentrify wakanda and going to rename it kanda heights or WK condos

That's not the Wakanda's job to serve the entire planet. While I am not condoning their (wax-and-waning) political isolationalism, I found this whole idea about a secular statehood of either black or Pan-African Soterianism completely obtuse and even far dangerous.

Just look at what the likeness of Moammar Gaddafi, Joseph Kabila, Paul Kagame, Mandela or even all of these Woke, Wahabhist, Christian Revivalist and Televangelist leaders brought up of so wrong in numerous African countries.

No need to cross overseas... just look at the likeness of Umar Johnson, Tariq Nasheed, black Christian populist preachers and televangelists, self-claimed militant among the "New Negro" generations of celebrities or Louis Farrakhan brought up. In a modern world where power corrupts more easily tham ever and draw narsisstic sociopaths and tyrants like moths around a lightbulb, "Black Panther" perfectly illustrated what happens when you combine all of these hazardous elements with Langley/NAVY commando training, off-mesh military techs and enhanced supersoldier/semidivine powers: a total mess.

It's basically what Frank Hebert cautioned us in his "Dune" novel saga and I opine that the reason why King T'Challa had so many reticences was partly due to the disdain of upholding the Wakanda as a banner of radical black exceptionalism and get the rest of the world depending too much upom them instead working and tuning each other in an efficiebt manner that allows a better symbiotic progress, like both comic-book Black Panther and his cinematic counterpart in later films does. You never see T'Challa sharing the whole extent of his technology, crafts, knowledge and mystical paraphernalia with the rest of the Avengers because he's not naive at all: giving too much may either slow down or overkill the world's social-economical and religious systems as well as the superhero team at best, or at worst weaponizing them all with the means to kill both him and the rest of his nation.

He think like a king, not like some idealistic guerillero.

He killed one person and wanted to empower millions who was under crushing oppressive rulers. And since they stopped him those people are still under that same oppression , now the oppressor is more powerful. Nothing changed once wakanda opened up.

He actually killed hundreds of people (mostly black Americans, Africans, Iraqi and Afganis) pre-film according his own claims - and even cosmetically scarred his whole body as a walking kill count list to brag about it - and murdered five people during the movie: three of them were black, which includes his own lover Tilda.

He abandoned his son in the streets of Oakland while still complaining about how his uncle King T'Chaka did the same after killing his father Prince N'Jobu (in self-defence) . He burnt out the sacred garden and its millenia-old heart-shaped herbs in an attempt to impeach any future succession and prevent the religious leader to figure out that the ancestors and gods never agreed to let him ascend into the throne - and also because he's selfish AF. He had a son, goddamn it! He never envisioned to raise up his own child as the next Heir Prince of the nation once his work is done - and consistently showcased vicious hostility against both black women and the semi-active partial matriarchal undepinnings of Wakandan Patriarchy.

He was a threat for the very peoples he claimed to thrive for their liberation.

These smiths are sellouts they wanna rock with black americans when theres a check involved. Or to promote their products etc. They wanna be scientologists freemason devil worshippers and not get judged by the black community for doing the rituals.

I feel it comes down to them being rich and who their parents are. They started at the top and can fail many times without huge repercussions. By "top" I mean fame and the spotlight, attention, money. Things people at the bottom spend years on trying to obtain. So you see their growth. Most people dont want to see a mr/Ms perfect in rap. I think they would be more embraced if they stuck with acting. I dont listen to Jayden for the simple fact that his music is too young for me. That is fine. But the "icon living" is hard

Of course there is truth to what shes says in regards to how a subset of Black people who only aee blackness through caricatures .. however those niggas are weird but also detached... i think lonious summed it up well

And wtf killmonger was wrong ego driven and power drunk intentions mean shit when your actions are divorced from righteouness

This is a huge problem in our community.
No one wants to talk about it.
You only black if you struggled.

You're right. It's not as much as it once was but there was and still is a portion of folks who associate the Black experience in America with financial struggle and think if you didn't have that or grow up close to it it somehow lessens your experience of being Black and you're not "tough" for some reason. It's why people automatically associate niggas from the suburbs with being soft for so long.

I like weird, I think weird sometimes is very interesting. However Jaden just comes off as a pseudo intellectual. He's a rich spoiled brat trying his best to sound like this deep misunderstood genius, that's annoying.

I agreed. Remember his drug trip rambling he made on that Becky-owned Buzzfeed video? I got berated by his groupies (mostly nonblacks) because I wrote what he was saying was utter nonsense even for drug trip standards.

Of course there is truth to what shes says in regards to how a subset of Black people who only aee blackness through caricatures .. however those niggas are weird but also detached... i think lonious summed it up well

And wtf killmonger was wrong ego driven and power drunk intentions mean shit when your actions are divorced from righteouness

Twice the GOAT of this day.

They're weird.

The End.

They're just not socially conventionally weird.

These are 'Erykah Badu' weird, 'Kanye' weird and beneath 50 tons of crap, there has Jayden Smith weird.

Willow is a Shrodingër Cat paradox: she's both slightly above her brother, but 40 steps close from 'Erykah Badu' weird at once.

I'm what you may call 'quirky' and I've never had any trouble around black people.

It's probably Jaden and Willow thinkin' they need to act a certain way around black people, I see that all the time.

Or maybe they just wack people

There has some levels of quirkiness. It all depends about one's social background, the generational zeitegeist and how far is this socially acceptable or not.

The Smiths are born wealthy, so consequently a lot of Black Americans does already exclude them from the equation because they haven't struggled the same way a majority of the community does.

Their quirkiness is more appealing to young white folks and nonblack weirdos because this is the type of quirkiness these group populations in America does. They're also entitled from trying to own the love of all their people, which annoys the latter one far much.

Back