Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why is it so hard for members to admit when they are wrong?

For me, I often have to revisit the conversation later to really see my errors. Sometimes tensions in a conversation can get high. Often when you really believe something, it takes more than one conversations to see that it wasn't as truthful as you believed, which is a good thing sometimes because you don't want to be someone who is always convinced of new truths right away. This is why it's good to be introspective sometimes since you can reflect back on those talks and realize they were right and do your own research.
Props.
This is why most are for entertainment and very few respected when posting.
Most can't properly defend their stance.

I ask myself that question every time someone tries to debate me. Why y'all can't admit ya dead wrong ABW posters?

When was the last time you admitted when you were wrong @AP21

I was gonna point this out after he said this bs

better bookmark that shit before he delete it

thats a sasquatch sighting if i've ever seen one

Cuz I'm 1000% sure there's been twice as many times I've admited I was wrong than he has. I don't think I've ever see that mf do that shit without sarcasm.

I was gonna point this out after he said this bs

Cuz I'm 1000% sure there's been twice as many times I've admited I was wrong than he has. I don't think I've ever see that mf do that shit without sarcasm.
How about you do a search for "I'm not above an apology" and see how many results come up

Y'all niggas be doubling down on shit just to avoid apologizing then it's followed by a name call

How about you do a search for "I'm not above an apology" and see how many results come up

Y'all niggas be doubling down on shit just to avoid apologizing then it's followed by a name call

I searched that shit and I saw the deadeye "apology" and the most recent after that was in a MzKB ABW court thread......

vrWZOU.gif

Hmm, I misspoke. My apologies

But I apologized to Kandy as well but that was before my "I'm not above an apology" tagline

I've apologized to @Blackish as well in the cinema forum as recent as two weeks ago

And chitown b, within the last week or so

What else ya got

To answer the threads question

I think its cause many of us speak from personal experience, while some of us also speak from the experience's of living vicariously thru others.

And then theres those of us that speak from fact.

All these cause a disconnect in conversation when not appreciated.

To answer the threads question

I think its cause many of us speak from personal experience, while some of us also speak from the experience's of living vicariously thru others.

And then theres those of us that speak from fact.

All these cause a disconnect in conversation when not appreciated.
I can agree with this but I'm talking more about shit like someone constantly misusing a word and you like, fam I don't think that's the word you trying to use and they like, nigga you don't know what you talking about

@5th Letter u see this shit?

Auto correct

Point still stands

I'm on an apology tour so I'm sorry for the misspelling

Lea said you misspelled my name, he doesn't say "im sorry, i thought there was an H in your name" , he blames it on his phone with a bs apology.

What phone takes "lea" and goes straight to Leah. Not only that but what phone takes "@Lea" and goes straight to "@leah" , this the shit i be talkin bout:ghost:

I can agree with this but I'm talking more about shit like someone constantly misusing a word and you like, fam I don't think that's the word you trying to use and they like, nigga you don't know what you talking about

This is the exact premise to the movie Pontypool.

In the book (originally a radio play) the name of the disease is Acquired Metastructural Pediculosis (AMPS), and is caused by a virus. The author of Pontypool was a linguist, and threw together a bunch of known conditions: (aphasia, phonemic paraphasias, echolalia, semantic paraphasias, anomia, verbal stereotypies, etc.) and associated them with his storyā€™s disease. The interesting twist is that rather than a physical virus (a single strand of genetic information encased within a protein capsule, and transmitted physically) the virus is multivariate strand(s) of non-genetic information transmitted within sound waves. (Although not explicitly mentioned, the term for this is ā€œmemeā€, or ā€œmemeticsā€, in which the emerging study is named - a branch of metaphysics.)

Itā€™s more complex than a traditional virus, in that itā€™s not bound - there is no capsule of ā€˜badnessā€™ that moves from one person to another; itā€™s not self-contained. The transmitted/received trigger is only a component of the virus, and serves as a key to unlock components already contained within the host. Further ā€“ words/sounds themselves have different meanings to different people. So the key for one is not necessarily the key for another. All this leads to seeming inconsistency in how the virus is transmitted and manifests (but the Dr. tells us it always ends up the same.) The puzzle of the story is figuring out how it transmits, and then how to inoculate it.

The notion of it being a terrorist attack on English speaking Canadians (presumably by French speaking Canadians) is supported (at least in the minds of the characters), and it is not insignificant that the Laurel-Ann character fought in Afghanistan ā€“ but one way to look at that is to think that within the English speaking people a meme-virus may evolve itself that causes the malfunction. So it can be taken both ways: ā€œsomeoneā€ is attacking the English speakers ā€“ or ā€“ the English speakers innately are susceptible to this virus and go crazy in a way that scales up, like an epidemic, leading to war. (i.e. religion ā€“ itself a meme complex, and thus religious wars. The studio is, after all, broadcast from an old church.)

The kicker is that the entire story may actually be within a single infected person ā€“ a kind of daydream. So all characters are contained within his head ā€“ the radio studio. All the things outside (that we never see) are full abstractions. (The story is gloriously polysemous!!)

So where do physical viruses come from? They come from the dawn of life on earth, and in fact may predate cellular life, and have evolved along with us. We need them to survive. Occasionally one mutates and evolves into an epidemic. Same with this memetic virus AMPS.

So just like SARS originated in Chinese bats, who infected civets, who made it to a Chinese food market. I think the Pontypool virus was originated in the opening dialogue of the movie, which was recorded the day before (and played the day before) and was being rebroadcast in the car as Mazzy was driving to work in the early AM. Out of the chaos of that speech ā€“ the memetic virus was born. That is my simplistic understanding of ā€œthe bigger pictureā€ behind it all that you requested.

Back