Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Why is being old in hip hop frowned upon?

Biggie the GOAT but if he was still breathing I sure as hell wouldn't want to listen to him rap today. Hip hop has an expiration date, when you hit your 30's it's time to start the next phase of your life.

2 Chainz still gets featured on people songs tho... He is on that YG big Bank song...lol

You proving my point about Tye lol

He dressed accordingly

Most of these niggas would still be wearing oversized averix jackets if they know they wouldn't get roasted to death

Nigga thats what I said lol

Its fine to keep up with current trends...just dont overdo it

Its niggas that overdo it...and in my opinion its because of this genres fans...

If U2 dropped an album right now shit would be celebrated and 20yr old college kids would go cop it of the stregnth of it being U2.

You dont hear “old ass rockers need to stop lol”

Its “man its incredible that they can still make great music at 55”

We got it wrong

Its niggas that overdo it...and in my opinion its because of this genres fans...

If U2 dropped an album right now shit would be celebrated and 20yr old college kids would go cop it of the stregnth of it being U2.

We got it wrong
I'm sorry

We got it wrong

Washed & being Old are two different things .... U2 are old but not Washed that why they were featured on Kendrick Lamar Damn Album.... Washed is like the rock band Poison and those Hair rock bands wave in the 1980’s ... No ones cares for group like Poison no more because they are washed

We got it wrong

That's the problem with these old ass rappers they jump on the hot trend to keep themselves relevant. If you gotta lower yourself to be a copycat of these young fucks then you don't need to be in the game any more.

Washed & being Old are two different things .... U2 are old but not Washed that why they were featured on Kendrick Lamar Damn Album.... Washed is like the rock band Poison and those Hair rock bands wave in the 1980’s ... No ones cares for group like Poison no more because they are washed

Definitely. No argument from me there.

And you dont have to be old to be washed

Chi town in here saying T.I., Jay, Nas, 50, Outkast, etc

Should just put the mic down even tho they still make great music...

But I know he trolling

Im off today so I got time lol

Definitely. No argument from me there.

And you dont have to be old to be washed

Chi town in here saying T.I., Jay, Nas, 50, Outkast, etc

Should just put the mic down even tho they still make great music...

But I know he trolling

Im off today so I had time lol

You know I'm serious if I'm saying 50 washed up and just let the music thing go.

I don't wanna see the niggas I blasted out the stereo become the next old wack nigga because they just couldn't let go. What's the difference with pro athletes you niggas always saying are washed and rappers who are washed. You tell them athletes to go sit the fuck down but you give props to washed rappers

I'm not saying you gotta be wearing cardigans and shit but look at a nigga like r.kelly wearing backpacks and shit as a fashion statement

You sure he tryin to make a fashion statement

:hahaha:

Biggie the GOAT but if he was still breathing I sure as hell wouldn't want to listen to him rap today. Hip hop has an expiration date, when you hit your 30's it's time to start the next phase of your life.

But rapping is a career

I mean but if you in your 30s and havent gotten a hit or made it yet then yea you might wanna consider some other shit

So if rappers should stop rapping at a certain age... should niggas stop listening to hip hop when they reach that same age??

B2792C22-A58E-4DB6-A3E7-44CDB1BB9D69.gif

Back