Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why is being Hotep a bad thing?

I said Christianity not church. I’m just asking what makes being Hotep a bad thing

I believe your question has been answered though I'm pieces by different posters. Nothing is wrong with the word at all. What is a problem is the people that claim to be that and aren't genuine or people that want to take Pro-Black shit but don't know what they are talking about. Unfortunately, the term has been attached to this people.

I believe your question has been answered though I'm pieces by different posters. Nothing is wrong with the word at all. What is a problem is the people that claim to be that and aren't genuine or people that want to take Pro-Black shit but don't know what they are talking about. Unfortunately, the term has been attached to this people.
Who answered the question. People gets tagged as such while never actually claiming they are Hotep.

The peculiar thing about people who use "hotep" as an insult is that they are self presenting intellectuals, yet they think the only way to properly engage with pro-black enthusiasts is to resort to name calling.

Worst off, the name calling is an actual Kemetic phrase of peace.

It seems like a wildly irresponsible way to characterize people you may not entirely agree with. Yes, chauvinists, bigots, and blow hards exist among pro-black people but the consequence of resorting to childish name calling is, eventually the wrong people get called the wrong name.

Sadly, Malcolm X, Assata Shakur, Marcus Garvey, Angela Davis, and Huey P. Newton would be called "hoteps" in this modern age of disrespectful disengagement. It is all at once a trifle severe.

Who answered the question. People gets tagged as such while never actually claiming they are Hotep.

Several people have answered your question to some extent. You asked "Why is being Hotep bad?". Several people have given responses that boil down to there being nothing fundamentally wrong with being Hotep but somehow the term got attached to fakers.

I said what I said, Du said something similar, Hellczar have you a site that explained the issue, Kzzl provided insight. Between all those posts, your question was answered.

This doesn’t answer the question. I mean there are Christians that say wild shit...

And just as people will often use Catholicism, not Christianity as a whole, as their outlet for all the wild shit any organized religion does people also use the term "hotep" as a catch all for the wild shit the "We was all kings and queens. Eat right and you won't have a period" people on the internet.

And just as people will often use Catholicism, not Christianity as a whole, as their outlet for all the wild shit any organized religion does people also use the term "hotep" as a catch all for the wild shit the "We was all kings and queens. Eat right and you won't have a period" people on the internet.

Thats a real thing folks saying?

So not Christianity? Thanks for playing.

And they get called bible thumpers and holy rollers and I'm sure some of them cry about it and some of them try to embrace and reclaim it.
So why not call them Christians instead of bible thumpers? “Look at them Christians talking that Christian bullshit”

So why not call them Christians instead of bible thumpers? “Look at them Christians talking that Christian bullshit”

Oh you think in this analogy Hotep = Christian and not Hotep = Bible Thumper?

LOL. if that's the case I can't do nothing for you man.

If I hear it, I’ll surmise you’re a stupid person but it’s like whatever

There’s been like 12 slang definitions that wouldn’t justify the ignorance. Niggas gon be niggas man. Just love em anyway

Back