Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why is being Hotep a bad thing?

On average, African Americans have a lot more European in their DNA than East African. So African Americans going full Phaoroh with their ways and actions makes less sense than an all black Renaissance festival.

Well I could see how that may be the case but what you're saying is a bit misleading cuz the European blood is largely due to conquest. Kinda like calling a Puerto Rican Spanish lol. Of course niggas not going to want to ID with that

Well I could see how that may be the case but what you're saying is a bit misleading cuz the European blood is largely due to conquest. Kinda like calling a Puerto Rican Spanish lol. Of course niggas not going to want to ID with that

lol Ricans do identify with their Spanish blood though. Your point is taken though and its a fair one.

Umar has been mocked in this threat no question. I haven't seen one example of him being mocked because of his pro-black ordeals though, yet you came in here and equated mocking him to mocking pro-blackness. I'll take you at your word that you don't think Umar is the epitome of pro-black thought, but if you insinuate that any attack on him is an attack on pro-blackness, you've essentially made him the personification of pro-blackness. Besides being illogical, I just think that's a bad idea.

Your examples are fair. I admit I've seen people shut down conversation like that. There are bad actors on both sides. We should be able to agree on that, but placing Umar on a pedestal as if he is beyond criticism is not the way to silence those other bad actors.

Again, I'm not saying Umar is beyond reproach.

I am saying that the 'memefication' of Umar is an example of using one individual as an excuse to dismiss the ideals they stand for.

So we can stop talking in absolutes like "all" and "nobody" as if we exist in a world of polar exclusivity. Some do mock him to dismiss his ideas,, some don't. I don't think we disagree on this. You're just assuming that I'm saying something that I'm not.

Who said it doesn't happen at all? I said he's not mocked by those who share his ideas but may disagree with his method of delivery or any other things about him that may have come up over the years. People aren't mocking the ideas they're mocking the blind allegiance to the person as opposed to the idea itself. And that's evidenced by anytime a person offers a criticism of any idea of someone like Umar or Tariq they're immediately accused of being against the race, not trying to help uplift black folks and a bunch of other bullshit that has nothing to do with the actual topics often being discussed.
People absolutely do mock those ideas.

I reference the poster who just said that the idea of a homosexual agenda is, and I quote, "complete bullshit". That is mockery that comes out of a biased agenda and point of view.

If we can agree that people may be mocking Umar for one or a combination of the following:

1. His social media antics
2. His school fund
3. His ideals

Then we can agree that while some mock him for one reason or another, there are those of us who get falsely equated with the mockery on the grounds that we share ideals similar to Umar.

Like when I pointed out Beyonce being a 30+ year old mother and wife rapping about onlyfans and scammers, I immediately got push back in the same way pro black figures get when they speak about the degradation of black women in entertainment media. We get called toxic/chauvinistic/patriarchal/controlling/etc and those are terms of mockery whether you agree with them or not.

I am saying that the 'memefication' of Umar is an example of using one individual as an excuse to dismiss the ideals they stand for.

So we can stop talking in absolutes like "all" and "nobody" as if we exist in a world of polar exclusivity. Some do mock him to dismiss his ideas,, some don't. I don't think we disagree on this. You're just assuming that I'm saying something that I'm not.

I'm not assuming anything. You and others keep on saying things like the bold. I'm asking for examples of that. We've had two big topics where Umar was both discussed and mocked. I don't recall seeing anyone mocking him because of his pro-black ideals or to dismiss his pro-black ideals, but again, you guys keep making the general accusation that that is what people are doing.

If all people are doing is making fun of Umar for the clownish shit he does and says, then you should have no objection right?

If those are your examples of pro-blackness being mocked, then you don't understand the purpose of those memes. They aren't meant to mock pro-black ideology. They are meant to mock the clownish nature of grifters who use pro-blackness as a con. That's why Umar is the poster boy for those memes because most people that aren't sycophants have recognized that he's a joke.

How about this? You said yourself that there are people that are far more important to the pro-movement than Umar. Name some of those people. Now tell me, have any of them been the subject of constant mockery and memes?

People absolutely do mock those ideas.

I reference the poster who just said that the idea of a homosexual agenda is, and I quote, "complete bullshit". That is mockery that comes out of a biased agenda and point of view.

If we can agree that people may be mocking Umar for one or a combination of the following:

1. His social media antics
2. His school fund
3. His ideals

Then we can agree that while some mock him for one reason or another, there are those of us who get falsely equated with the mockery on the grounds that we share ideals similar to Umar.

Like when I pointed out Beyonce being a 30+ year old mother and wife rapping about onlyfans and scammers, I immediately got push back in the same way pro black figures get when they speak about the degradation of black women in entertainment media. We get called toxic/chauvinistic/patriarchal/controlling/etc and those are terms of mockery whether you agree with them or not.

Depends on the context in which those terms are used. Sometimes those critiques are just chauvnistic bullshit that men spew out and sometimes it's said to dismiss a valid point simply because the person has no actual comeback. Those people exist, it's your choice to engage in those who use those bad tactics as conversations tools though. Also if your issue is with people mocking those ideals, then maybe look into why they're mocking them as well. It's not a one way street. Those shits get mocked for a reason and if it's connected to the person presenting the ideas then maybe those ideas needs a better spokesperson or those who defend said spokesperson shouldn't also lash out so easily at any criticism of that person or their ideas.

Back