Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Why does the word "casual" get such a bad rep in the dating world??

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
I know at some point, the "casual encounter" became synonymous with just fucking.

But can two thing be true at the same time? i.e. Is it possible that in one instance, casually seeing someone can be just that and not involve sex or rather being restrictive to just sex, while in the other, you can just be fwb?

I be thinking that people tend to go to either extreme and never stop to think there can be balance.

Like, why can't a person entertain multiple people at once? Spread the eggs around...in this instance, the eggs are representative of a person's time. I think when you are dating, it's important to see what other options look like instead of putting all the energy into one person and only getting one perspective thus skewing your perspective on other people.

Idk wanna get too deep just yet, but yes, this thread was influenced by me being under the influence.

Take from that what you will.

Casual gets a bad rep because the term seems too loose…it isn’t necessarily specific and doesn’t seem to point to an end goal as something like “courtship” does

You can make a casual relationship whatever you want it to be sexual or non sexual. But no male or female is just sitting around not having sex unless she friendzones you….and in that case, it might as well just be called a “friendship”….that would be the end of it

The idea of pre and extra marital sex is more socially acceptable nowadays more than ever but hearing the word “casual” makes people think there’s nothing to take seriously. People in general like to know specifically what they are getting into

Instead of saying “casual” I would much rather be more direct and tell that woman I just want to see her on a sexual basis…if something deeper grows in let’s say 9 months, we can determine if it will lead into an actual relationship

Because the word has a connotation of something you don’t care about THAT much, and most seem to want to be the center of the attention for the person they are pursuing
But why isn't this applied to hobbies that you casually are into from time to time?

Anytime titles get in the way of compatibility..... Just recognize that maybe y'all ain't going in the same direction...

Cuz there's plenty of people that's cool with a casual encounter..... There's just a lotta who aren't as well. Find someone who ideals on these kind of relationships lines up with yours 🤷🏿‍♂️

B/c nobody could come wit a better word to describe that type of situation.

Never understood the negative tone attached to it. Not everyone has the need, or is mentally ready to be in a committed relationship.

Wanting to be free to date whomever at your own pqce should not looked down upon.

I think dating with intention gets kind of a bad rep too. Personally I know when I tell men that my ultimate goal is commitment, dudes think I'm going to show up to the date like
istockphoto-118150839-612x612.jpg

With a timeline and a wedding date, when that's not the case. If I enjoy a man's company and he's not ready for a relationship that's cool. I'm just clear that while I'm enjoying I'll still be looking for what I want...

meh, I understand going out on a date without expectations. Maybe you met someone cool and just wanna hang. Grab a bite to eat, catch a flick or something, and that's it. If something comes out of it down the line then cool, otherwise the goal is just having a decent night out (or day, depending on the activity) and that's it. These days I'm not of the commitment mindset, but I wouldn't mind a night out with a chick I might have some common interests with.

Casual gets a bad rep because the term seems too loose…it isn’t necessarily specific and doesn’t seem to point to an end goal as something like “courtship” does

Instead of saying “casual” I would much rather be more direct and tell that woman I just want to see her on a sexual basis…if something deeper grows in let’s say 9 months, we can determine if it will lead into an actual relationship

You see if men were actually doing this, dating would be much more enjoyable.

If this wife shit don't work out, all my encounters will be casual. And I'll be blunt as fuck about it too 🤷🏿‍♂️

Like niggaz gotta stop lying so hard to get pussy, it's chicks who wanna fuck without feelings too....
Everything good? What do you mean by if ?

Back