Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why did you get married?

i can honestly say it was mostly anxiety......

i don't do relationships.......like seriously... i cannot stress this enough......

like everyone who knows me personally can tell you without doubt i have one of the most hilarious dating histories of all time......

shit just never worked out for me....mostly bcuz of some dumb shit i said or did.......but my average relationship was maybe a month and a half..... no one ever sticks around...

well when i met my wife, i didn't really expect much to come from it, but we both developed feelings and took that next step...

shit was difficult early on, cuz she was in hampton VA, and i was still in bmore.......

i would go down there like once a month n shit to see her, she'd try to come up once a month as well...... but it wasn't enough...i was like fuck it imma move down there...

and i'm extremely bullheaded....once i say imma do something.............. imma do it.....

i was actually bout to be come the law for shorty... newport news sheriff department was hiring, and they accepted my application, i just had to get some shit off my credit,.....

so i was in the process of cleaning my credit up when i had a conversation with one of my best friends....

and basically they made me realize that forever is forever....

first i ain't know what she meant, but she was like... if yall gonna be together forever......yall gonna be together forever........it don't matter if u move down there or stay up there, yall gonna be together.....if it's real.....

you don't have to move just to keep her, and i'm sure she understands that....just talk about it....

so we talked...and sho nuff she wasn't in love with the idea of me coming down there, but she was in love with me and excited about the possibility of being closer.....

so after a long long talk, i decided to stay in bmore and wait for her to finish college, but after that conversation we both knew this was for keeps.....we wasn't breaking up. Almost every conversation we had was about planning and building a life together. we had names for our kids already picked out... shit was just too real...

i managed to wait until she graduated college in may of 2010......proposed fall 2010.....she was pregnant by winter 2010....

summer 2011 we got married and had out son like 3 weeks later....shit been literally happily ever after

200w.gif

At the time I thought it was what you were "supposed" to do.
Heavy in religion/Christianity I wanted to be "right" in the eyes of the Lord.

Now , not so much. No longer following others, I follow what I feel is "right" and makes Me smile.

The ceremonial dog and pony show is pointless and a waste of money.

Marriage / Life Partner / Connection is of the heart and there are no rules to this thang.

So.. Oprah and Stedman or Will and Jada. as long as you are happy there really isn't a designation that should be placed on you other than that... "happy".

I got married for the citizenship but we're staying together for the kids

Because for the first time, I geniunely fell in love. Shit got tough early on with due to baby momma drama. It got so bad at one point I almost burned that bitch house down.

I told my wife I didm't want to fuck her life up. She had no kids or drama like I did. She said she wasn't going nowhere. I aint believe it, cuz I heard that before. Well she didnt leave. And she treated my kids like she birthed them herself. I found myself feeling all weird inside and shit. Like when the grinch heart turned good.

So one I took my kids to the park one day and asked the how would they feel if I married her. They all got happy as hell. My daughters started planning stuff talking about they were going to cook the food and stuff. I took my son to pick out a ring. Then I proposed to her at the Jill Scott concert. That was 7 years ago

Because for the first time, I geniunely fell in love. Shit got tough early on with due to baby momma drama. It got so bad at one point I almost burned that bitch house down.

I told my wife I didm't want to fuck her life up. She had no kids or drama like I did. She said she wasn't going nowhere. I aint believe it, cuz I heard that before. Well she didnt leave. And she treated my kids like she birthed them herself. I found myself feeling all weird inside and shit. Like when the grinch heart turned good.

So one I took my kids to the park one day and asked the how would they feel if I married her. They all got happy as hell. My daughters started planning stuff talking about they were going to cook the food and stuff. I took my son to pick out a ring. Then I proposed to her at the Jill Scott concert. That was 7 years ago
The Romantic Titan.

Awww that was beautiful mad titan
I knew you had a heart when u shed a thug tear for gamora

I didn’t marry him because of love (it’s overrated) or money (I make more). I married him because

1. He’s a praying man, our most intimate moments is when he’s praying over our family. His faith makes me want to seek God that much harder.

2. last year, when we both found ourselves at our lowest point, leaving was never an option to me. That’s when I knew for myself that this thing we have is real.

3. He challenges me everyday to be more accountable, more respectable, and more mature with my thoughts, feelings, and actions.

My Goddad told me not to marry a man who only offers wet dick and money so I kept that in mind.

I didn’t marry him because of love (it’s overrated) or money (I make more). I married him because

1. He’s a praying man, our most intimate moments is when he’s praying over our family. His faith makes me want to seek God that much harder.

2. last year, when we both found ourselves at our lowest point, leaving was never an option to me. That’s when I knew for myself that this thing we have is real.

3. He challenges me everyday to be more accountable, more respectable, and more mature with my thoughts, feelings, and actions.

My Goddad told me not to marry a man who only offers wet dick and money so I kept that in mind.
damn sis.......thats some powerful shit you speaking.

a person who cant make you better is only keeping you busy until your blessing comes.

im glad you're happy

So basically you married a broke, bossy nigga who you don't even love?

So basically you married a broke, bossy nigga who you don't even love?

Lmao my husband is a teacher, do you know any who making big money?? And Please don’t bring your insecurities on my post. Find a therapist to help you work through your issues of inadequacy which is evident by your interpretation of my post. Hopefully one day, you’ll be more than just wet dick and a personal ATM to some broken little girl and be able to enrich her life as she enriches yours. Have a wonderful holiday ❤️

Lmao my husband is a teacher, do you know any who making big money?? And Please don’t bring your insecurities on my post. Find a therapist to help you work through your issues of inadequacy which is evident by your interpretation of my post. Hopefully one day, you’ll be more than just wet dick and a personal ATM to some broken little girl and be able to enrich her life as she enriches yours. Have a wonderful holiday ❤️

tenor (4).gif
Got damn

Back