Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why 99% of Albums Today are forgettable

good music takes time.

These new albums are being manufactured based off algorithms & made with playlists in mind.

easy to be forgettable when albums lack cohesion and end up sounding like glorified mixtapes…only for another one of these albums to come out by the same artist a year later.
How do you feel about rappers who make projects in 24hrs?

How do you feel about rappers who make projects in 24hrs?

I think it takes a certain type of talent to create a cohesive & memorable rap album in 24 hours.

hence why it doesn’t happen to often and when it does, its usually by an independent artist.

I think it takes a certain type of talent to create a cohesive & memorable rap album in 24 hours.

hence why it doesn’t happen to often and when it does, its usually by an independent artist.
Ahhh okay I feel like more time should be spent crafting a project so you make sure you increase the odds that you contribute a project that has staying power in this era

The music just isn't very good. I'm not saying that to be a hater or anything like that. I actually don't think most of these artists are even trying to make good or timeless music. I think they are just trying to ride whatever trend they can for as long as they can and then cash out. I don't think most rappers nowadays put much time in crafting their lyrics or searching for the perfect beat or trying to deliver a message. To some extent, I don't think that can even be argued. It's clear given the fact that so many rappers are content to use the same sounding flows, use the same sounding beats, and talk about the same shit as every other rapper that's out.

In terms of HipHop, I think it's because of a lack of collaboration between artists and producers.

Well, depending on how you define producer, rappers and people who make beats.

Used to be a time when they would come up with the beats together in the studio.

Producer comes up with a beat..........artist gives their input.........producer comes up with another idea......etc.

Now, producers just present an artist with a beat and the artist decides whether or not they want to buy it.

Basically, the creative process just isn't the same as it used to be back in the day.

Cuz most of this shit ass. lol.

Like wtf is this?

From artist to producers....most of the shit is cookie cutter, trash, generic or boring.

Eh. I didnt listen.

But as a 41 year old man. I'll give my 2 cents...

imo there are alotta factors...

The current climate, youtube, ppl not paying for music anymore, streaming sites, microwave culture etc

But imo the overall quality of rap music has gone down. Rap is a young mans game. 16-29. Its truly for the young ppl. And today these young ppl are different.

I mean look at song length. If a song is 2 mins, that is long. Sum songs be under 2 mins duration. Thats a microwave/door dash culture.

Music/rap music is also supposed to give you a feeling. If u not rapping bout nuthin how can i feel it?

idk n as sum one else said these young ppl more see rap as a come up, than culture.

tbh i blame the times n the kids

Given how far along we are in rap and have rappers consistently in their mid to late 30s and early to mid 40s still dropping albums of good quality the idea that rap is a young man's game is extremely outdated. Think about most of the top rappers sales and popularity wise...vast majority of them are 30+

Music is forgettable nowadays because behind the scenes, the same small teams of producers are writing and composing the same songs over and over again and just changing who’s the person performing. It’d be like if an artist you really like was on their 20th album. Actually being an artist is hit or miss and takes time to build a core fan base.

So while record companies do actually still do that. Those people are building their future in the background where the average music fan can’t see. Those people actually have generational talent but not much life experiences and content to pull from to make a good 3 albums. So right now they are sharping their craft and living life to be who they will become. They are a main course.

In the mean time, you niggaz get Lil Durk, Glorilla, Billy Ellish and such to satiate your short attention spans. Find something to do and be into until you’re served the actual meal.

We’re in the fast food era. Where music is easily accessible and once you play it you’re ready for the next thing.

Problem is we been in the fast food era music for over 20+ yrs now. I blame the labels for flooding the industry with all these "one-hit wonders" where most of them only end up being an afterthought and nobody remembers there music.

Music is forgettable nowadays because behind the scenes, the same small teams of producers are writing and composing the same songs over and over again and just changing who’s the person performing. It’d be like if an artist you really like was on their 20th album. Actually being an artist is hit or miss and takes time to build a core fan base.

So while record companies do actually still do that. Those people are building their future in the background where the average music fan can’t see. Those people actually have generational talent but not much life experiences and content to pull from to make a good 3 albums. So right now they are sharping their craft and living life to be who they will become. They are a main course.

In the mean time, you niggaz get Lil Durk, Glorilla, Billy Ellish and such to satiate your short attention spans. Find something to do and be into until you’re served the actual meal.

Billy ellish?

srsly-gtfo.gif

She thicker than a snickers

I don’t agree with 99% you just have to search for quality artists or people u enjoy. I agree with albums not being memorable but there’s people out there if you search hard enough

Back