Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why 99% of Albums Today are forgettable

but somebody buyin if they're able to make a livin right?

so are the folks supportin to blame?

but who are you to tell someone what they should like?

point is yall mf ain't even listenin to 99% of the albums that are dropped so this dumb shit is moot
Lol damn stfu

Usually The more talented ones get less of a push

I’m not sure development and push are necessarily the same.

but I’ll differ to you on an example. I know you’re a Gibbs guy. And I do know his push wasn’t the greatest during his era with Jeezy. Do you believe that was a developmental era for him tho?

this ain’t no gotcha shit, I’m legit curious what you think since you fuck with him.

I’m not sure development and push are necessarily the same.

but I’ll differ to you on an example. I know you’re a Gibbs guy. And I do know his push wasn’t the greatest during his era with Jeezy. Do you believe that was a developmental era for him tho?

this ain’t no gotcha shit, I’m legit curious what you think since you fuck with him.
Oh I used the word “push” but I meant development as I kinda consider it the same thing

If a label pushed an artist more they would care to develop them but I see the confusion because it’s technically two diff things

As far as Gibbs no I don’t think that was a developmental era as Gibbs was only signed to Jeezy for a lil bit over a year. If there was development it was marginal

But I mean if Gibbs took what he learned and just steadily improved just from being under Jeezy I Guess you could say that’s development so idk I might lean on saying yes

Currently listening

these dudes need to breathe and slow down when speaking. They are going back and forth so fast, just breathe a bit

Rory and Mal podcast were speaking on this while talking about THE GAME’s album

I have been play Joey Badass 2000 a lot

Last edited:
Thought some good points where made

Eh. I didnt listen.

But as a 41 year old man. I'll give my 2 cents...

imo there are alotta factors...

The current climate, youtube, ppl not paying for music anymore, streaming sites, microwave culture etc

But imo the overall quality of rap music has gone down. Rap is a young mans game. 16-29. Its truly for the young ppl. And today these young ppl are different.

I mean look at song length. If a song is 2 mins, that is long. Sum songs be under 2 mins duration. Thats a microwave/door dash culture.

Music/rap music is also supposed to give you a feeling. If u not rapping bout nuthin how can i feel it?

idk n as sum one else said these young ppl more see rap as a come up, than culture.

tbh i blame the times n the kids

We've entered a time period where an artist personality is bigger than their music because that's more profitable. So artists are more brand focused than music focused and it's reflecting in the products

Facts. For example one of the newer artists Ken Carson did a show recently in NY. ... Any of y'all seeing a current trend or notice anything about his performance and who the consumers is?

Look at when the crowd gets hype, btw it's hilarious seeing alot of white kids getting quiet whenever the song have the N Word mentioned lol

good music takes time.

These new albums are being manufactured based off algorithms & made with playlists in mind.

easy to be forgettable when albums lack cohesion and end up sounding like glorified mixtapes…only for another one of these albums to come out by the same artist a year later.

Eh. I didnt listen.

But as a 41 year old man. I'll give my 2 cents...

imo there are alotta factors...

The current climate, youtube, ppl not paying for music anymore, streaming sites, microwave culture etc

But imo the overall quality of rap music has gone down. Rap is a young mans game. 16-29. Its truly for the young ppl. And today these young ppl are different.

I mean look at song length. If a song is 2 mins, that is long. Sum songs be under 2 mins duration. Thats a microwave/door dash culture.

Music/rap music is also supposed to give you a feeling. If u not rapping bout nuthin how can i feel it?

idk n as sum one else said these young ppl more see rap as a come up, than culture.

tbh i blame the times n the kids
From a feeling aspect, most of the young raps (even the lyrical ones) are suppression of feelings and reliance on HEAVY drugs or substance. The "geeked up" aspect of music has to be stated since most rappers and listeners engage heavy in addictions.

The ones who don't are swayed by the whatever is deemed cool from the culture, which is why you see a ton of white suburb kids (this been going on since NWA). Also you have tik Tok trends too that makes the focus more on hooks or catchy moments in songs, all of this points to capitalism

Back