Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who Is The "Artist Of The 90s Decade"

Are we solely talkin about sales or everything combined? If we're taking everything into acct, Will Smith can't be the artist of the decade when other niggas were writing his shit.

Are we solely talkin about sales or everything combined? If we're taking everything into acct, Will Smith can't be the artist of the decade when other niggas were writing his shit.

Here's the reverse of your argument;

2Pac is better than Biggie because in addition to making great music, he was also an actor that starred in a bunch of movies.

If we're saying that 2Pac>>>Big because of his work in Hollywood (if that's what we're saying), then Will Smith >>> 2Pac because of his work in Hollywood.

Here's the reverse of your argument;

2Pac is better than Biggie because in addition to making great music, he was also an actor that starred in a bunch of movies.

If we're saying that 2Pac>>>Big because of his work in Hollywood (if that's what we're saying), then Will Smith >>> 2Pac because of his work in Hollywood.

I didn't mention Pac's acting, I thought we were only talkin about music.

I'm confused on where this thread is heading.

I will say this about Will Smith. He's arguably the most important figure in hip hop. You could bring Will Smith into middle America. You couldn't bring Eazy E, Dr. Dre, 2pac, Biggy etc into middle America.

A rapper having one of the best shows on prime time NBC in the 90s. He opened doors for LL Cool J and Queen Latifah to be on network television.

Then transitioned into movies. If he's not successful in movies, LL Cool J Queen Latifah Ludacris TI can't star in box office hits either.

What did he do in the 90s?

I can see the 70s or 80s but by the 90s he was just making big budget videos and ok music.
Remember the time
Black or white
Huge tours
Moonwalker video game
Scream with Janet.
Blood on the dancefloor
Ghosts
There dont care about us
You are not alone
Earth song

And sold over 60 million records in the 90s alone

Etc

I'm a 90s baby and the only thing I saw on tv was mj.

The only thing I heard on the radio was mj. Not so much pac

Last edited:
All def comedy jam sets were about Michael and how he turn grown men to groupies.

In living color skits etc.

Even biggie got excited to do a track with him.

Mike held the 80s and 90s hands down

Back