Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who are the players that overstayed their welcome?

probably another thread, but i get upset at how sports medicine wasnt as advanced during the times like when Penny was in his prime. we were robbed of some great years

Boxing and MMA Roy Jones Jr. should own this thread

Fixed
0ZxesUw.gif

3500.jpg

Ed Reed in Houston.

AI anywhere after Denver.

Ken Griffey Jr. with the White Sox

Mike Tyson after '96

Marv Albert after' 98

Cowboys fans after Jimmy.

Sportscenter after the mid '00's.

I think Marv was decent in the late 90s and 2000s but like after 2015, he’s been trash.

I do agree about sportscenter. It fell off in the mid 2000s. Highlight shows are obsolete now for the most part

Last edited:
Kareem Abdul Jabbar stayed with the Lakers, but he could've retired a few years earlier.

Interestingly enough, I heard a story about Kareem Abdul Jabbar. I heard his house caught on fire towards the end of his career. He had thousands of Jazz albums that went up in smoke. I think he lost everything. So people say he stayed in the NBA for a few more years because he needed the money.

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Lakers center Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Bel-Air mansion was destroyed today in a $3 million fire that forced the basketball star's girlfriend and their 2-year-old son to escape through a window.

Fire officials said the blaze destroyed 90 percent of the 7,000-square-foot home. Six people were sleeping in the house when the blaze broke out, but all escaped without injury, fire inspector Ed Reed said at a news conference in front of the smouldering ruins.....

...Abdul-Jabbar, six-time winner of the NBA's Most Valuable Player award, has taken home virtually every major collegiate and professional trophy at least once. Firefighters were seen carrying out two game balls.

The basketball star owned an extensive array of Oriental rugs and had more than 3,000 jazz albums in his collection. Their condition was not immediately known.

Back