Welcome To aBlackWeb

White Woman Caught Trying To Pass As Black

Were and are imply two different contexts. If race is socially constructed, and society is changing, then it is not impossible for the concept to change. I'm not rewriting history, moreso harping on the fact that being mixed tends to be perceived more positively, lead to more opportunities, and get more representation.

You got something to back that claim. People are constantly saying that shit. Post some proof that the average mixed person, even now, is getting better opportunities than the average nonmixed person. Again, colorism exists, and lighter blacks have often been treated better, but you can't even just say mixed in that regard because there are people with two black parents that are darker than some mixed people. These generalizations ya'll try and pass off aren't valid.

Bruh, go back through the topic before you speak on this. There are example pics of some of those chicks doctoring the images to the point where it looks like they have dark brown skin like full blooded non mixed black person. There are also pics showing that these chicks were using black women for the inspiration of the looks they were putting on. Further, the people following them admit to thinking the chicks were black, you think that happened by accident? I'm not saying every chick involved in this phenomenon is trying to look like a Sub-Saharan African, but you're being disingenuous if you're claiming that when they darken their skin, try to make their lips look fuller, enhance their curves/booty, and wear hairstyles or mimic hair texture that you mostly see with black women or women significantly mixed with black that they aren't trying to be black to some degree.

And stop with the mixed isn't black shit. These labels are dictated by the society in which they are used. Sure, if this shit was happening in the Caribbean or South America, you might have a point that mixed isn't black since in those areas they have different labels for various combinations of admixtures. However, once again, you're being disingenuous if you're suggesting that in the U.S. and Western Europe that people with significant African admixtures haven't traditionally been called and treated like they are black. The white chicks doing this are from the U.S. and Western Europe, so if you see them trying to emulate a woman that is only 60-75% black, they aren't making this mixed/black distinction that you're trying to make. They are just trying to look more like the black girl.

The main chick that is accused of black fishing looks racially ambiguous. The bitch doesn't even stay in the US or Western Europe she staying in Sweden of all place. So, who are you to try to apply western culture on to the world and say this is the standard of thinking ? Does that bitch look like she can be from Ghana fuck no because she doesn't look black. We can stop trying to make people who aren't black black feel me. I'm that type of guy that likes to draws the line in the sand. And, I see some black people like you that has a hard time doing that

The main chick that is accused of black fishing looks racially ambiguous. The bitch doesn't even stay in the US or Western Europe she staying in Sweden of all place. So, who are you to try to apply western culture on to the world and say this is the standard of thinking ? Does that bitch look like she can be from Ghana fuck no because she doesn't look black. We can stop trying to make people who aren't black black feel me. I'm that type of guy that likes to draws the line in the sand. And, I see some black people like you that has a hard time doing that

What chick are you talking about because the one in the OP absolutely does not look racially ambiguous in that pic She looks like half the black chicks I went to high school with. And Sweden is in Western Europe genius. lol Why are you acting like Ghana is the universal standard for black people? A lot of East Africans don't look like they could be from Ghana either, does that mean they don't "look black?" Hell, a lot of African Americans don't look like they come from Ghana, so what exactly are you say? Everybody should have a hard time drawing a line in the sand because nobody has the authority to unilaterally determine who is black and who isn't. Who are you to make that determination? You do know there are plenty of African groups that have genetic influence from other groups. Those people live in Africa and have existed for hundreds of years? Are you going to say they aren't black? Or what about African Americans? Again, as I pointed out, now that we have genetic testing, it's basically been shown that the average African American has a significant admixture from non African groups. Are you going to say that African Americans aren't black?

You got something to back that claim. People are constantly saying that shit. Post some proof that the average mixed person, even now, is getting better opportunities than the average nonmixed person. Again, colorism exists, and lighter blacks have often been treated better, but you can't even just say mixed in that regard because there are people with two black parents that are darker than some mixed people. These generalizations ya'll try and pass off aren't valid.

I'd say that there must be some type of extra advantage or opportunity for presenting ones self as mixed or racially ambiguous. The media is certainly pushing the idea. Look at all of the advertising you see today. It's like they are trying to convince the public that the majority of families are interracial. Seems like propaganda.

I'd say that there must be some type of extra advantage or opportunity for presenting ones self as mixed or racially ambiguous. The media is certainly pushing the idea. Look at all of the advertising you see today. It's like they are trying to convince the public that the majority of families are interracial. Seems like propaganda.

I don't know if I'd call that an opportunity. I think they are trying to push this narrative of unity and diversity, but I fail to see how that gives mixed or racially ambiguous people a leg up. For every, commercial you see with a bunch of people you can't identify, there is a "We Are the World" type commercial that makes a point of having someone from damn near every group. It's basically just advertisers trying to capitalize on the SJW/tolerance movement. That doesn't mean if some mixed dude gets caught selling drugs that the cops will just let him go with a slap on the wrist because he's got some white in him. And Obama's white heritage damn sure didn't stop him from getting called a monkey every other week.

White people have some real psychological issues they need to work through as a people. There is something there that is just fucked up. Like this shit ain't normal. They basically spent the last few centuries doing everything they could to denigrate black people. Given that history, something like this, even on a small scale, makes no sense.

Thing is, there are some white people who are oblivious to that history.

I seriously doubt you'd be able to have an intelligent conversation with any of the young ladies participating in this foolishness.

individual members of the colortocracy at times developed a notorious but distinctive racial complex involving an ideology that set them apart from those they viewed as their inferiors. They would take excessive pride in their "white" features, including light skin, thin noses and lips, and "good" hair. Often "colorstruck", they mimicked and voiced the anti-Black prejudices of whites, whose fears, concerns, and values they understood and partly shared.
- WEB Du Bois

Case in point: Dominican Republic.

individual members of the colortocracy at times developed a notorious but distinctive racial complex involving an ideology that set them apart from those they viewed as their inferiors. They would take excessive pride in their "white" features, including light skin, thin noses and lips, and "good" hair. Often "colorstruck", they mimicked and voiced the anti-Black prejudices of whites, whose fears, concerns, and values they understood and partly shared.
- WEB Du Bois

Case in point: Dominican Republic.

I'm confused. Do you actually remember what you and I are debating? You made a claim that mixed people in general tend to get treated better and get better opportunity. Then you post a quote that's talking about colorism and how people who were particularly close to whites in looks tended to start acting like whites. After that you bring up a nation of mixed people. You're all over the place.

Show me evidence that the average mixed person in this country is treated notably better that other blacks. As I've pointed out before, colorism and the actions of mixed people are not the same thing. Not all mixed people are super light and not all light people are mixed with in the last couple of generations.

I'm confused. Do you actually remember what you and I are debating? You made a claim that mixed people in general tend to get treated better and get better opportunity. Then you post a quote that's talking about colorism and how people who were particularly close to whites in looks tended to start acting like whites. After that you bring up a nation of mixed people. You're all over the place.

Show me evidence that the average mixed person in this country is treated notably better that other blacks. As I've pointed out before, colorism and the actions of mixed people are not the same thing. Not all mixed people are super light and not all light people are mixed with in the last couple of generations.

If one can flex like they're more white or less Black they don't catch the same barriers to employment noted in studies like Mark of a Criminal Record, which was an audit study showing, definitively, that Black folks without criminal records will lose jobs to White candidates with criminal records, even when the credentials and all else are virtually identical. The same can be said for housing, particularly in cases where agents subtly nudge homebuyers towards buying homes in certain regions by showing them houses within those areas, as was and is still very common.

Also, "although parents in multiracial families tend to have comparable or higher levels of education than do parents in monoracial families, they tend to have a lower family income than monoracial Whites but a higher family income than monoracial minorities" (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4461142/). This is a pretty clear suggestion that mixed people occupy a middle ground in terms of setbacks when compared to people with two minority parents.

You're stretching the definition of mixed. If your parents aren't wholly two different things then you are not mixed imo. With your definition, everyone is mixed because somewhere in their lineage there will be parents or grandparents with different ethnic and national origins.

If one can flex like they're more white or less Black they don't catch the same barriers to employment noted in studies like Mark of a Criminal Record, which was an audit study showing, definitively, that Black folks without criminal records will lose jobs to White candidates with criminal records, even when the credentials and all else are virtually identical. The same can be said for housing, particularly in cases where agents subtly nudge homebuyers towards buying homes in certain regions by showing them houses within those areas, as was and is still very common.

Also, "although parents in multiracial families tend to have comparable or higher levels of education than do parents in monoracial families, they tend to have a lower family income than monoracial Whites but a higher family income than monoracial minorities" (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4461142/). This is a pretty clear suggestion that mixed people occupy a middle ground in terms of setbacks when compared to people with two minority parents.

You're stretching the definition of mixed. If your parents aren't wholly two different things then you are not mixed imo. With your definition, everyone is mixed because somewhere in their lineage there will be parents or grandparents with different ethnic and national origins.

Again, half your argument here is still about color and appearance, which once again does not always correlated with racial background the way you're implying.

The part that does deal with mixed people, show that multiracial families are more likely to have a higher family income than a black family, but it doesn't show that being mixed inherently gives you better opportunities. For example there are mixed middle class household and black middle class households. Your source shows that the mixed family is more likely to be middle class. That's fair, but the statements you've been making suggest that if you take a mixed person and a black person from similar backgrounds, the mixed person will get treated noticeably better. I'm saying you can't make a wild generalization like that.

And I'm not stretching the definition of mixed, you're just trying to set an arbitrary percentage that fits your narrative. Since when are people with grandparents of another race not considered mixed, and if you don't consider that mixed then your colorism connection fails even more because a lot of those people that get caught trying to pass are people who were mixed through grandparents.

Again, half your argument here is still about color and appearance, which once again does not always correlated with racial background the way you're implying.

The part that does deal with mixed people, show that multiracial families are more likely to have a higher family income than a black family, but it doesn't show that being mixed inherently gives you better opportunities. For example there are mixed middle class household and black middle class households. Your source shows that the mixed family is more likely to be middle class. That's fair, but the statements you've been making suggest that if you take a mixed person and a black person from similar backgrounds, the mixed person will get treated noticeably better. I'm saying you can't make a wild generalization like that.

And I'm not stretching the definition of mixed, you're just trying to set an arbitrary percentage that fits your narrative. Since when are people with grandparents of another race not considered mixed, and if you don't consider that mixed then your colorism connection fails even more because a lot of those people that get caught trying to pass are people who were mixed through grandparents.

Name 5 people mixed only through grandparents who can actually pass.

If race isnt colour and appearance then I'm Black, despite not facing the barriers nor actually facing that form of racialization.

Your argument makes little sense. If we look at the data large scale and say "hey look, based on data across the entire populations we can infer that black folks face obstacles due to disparities in outcomes" then why can't we infer the same when mixed families don't seem to suffer as much?

Name 5 people mixed only through grandparents who can actually pass.

If race isnt colour and appearance then I'm Black, despite not facing the barriers nor actually facing that form of racialization.

Your argument makes little sense. If we look at the data large scale and say "hey look, based on data across the entire populations we can infer that black folks face obstacles due to disparities in outcomes" then why can't we infer the same when mixed families don't seem to suffer as much?

Am I supposed to name 5 people you know...or...what? My dad is only about 30% white and he didn't even know he was mostly black until 2 years ago. Genetics aren't as simple as some of you try to make it.

And you're saying my argument doesn't make sense, but you don't even seem to understand what my argument is. Again, there are people who you would consider mixed that are darker than people who you wouldn't consider mixed, so your tie between being mixed and being light doesn't work. That's not my argument, that's a fact. It can't be argued. And you keep saying that black folks face obstacles that mixed people don't. Name one. Harassment by cops? Mixed people get that too. Job denial? Mixed people get that too. General racism? Mixed people get that too. The flaw with your argument that you don't seem to understand is that in a lot of the statistics that define black oppression, many of the respondents are mixed, because in America, mixed people have traditionally been considered black. On top of that, a lot of mixed people aren't really distinguishable from "blacks" by your definition. So tell me, if the people that discriminate against blacks, can't even tell a mixed person from a black person or don't really care even if they could, why would they treat mixed people differently?

Back