Welcome To aBlackWeb

White Woman Caught Trying To Pass As Black

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
thatyorubaguy_44194004_737160203313514_7861273708034007376_n.jpg

Emma Hallberg, rose to online prominence in May this year, after revealing how she created a glow on her skin by using a gold loose eye shadow rather than a traditional highlighter. The self-described influencer now has more than 170,000 followers on Instagram and launched a YouTube channel last week to build on her success.

But her tutorial attracted criticism from followers, some of whom suggested she was deliberately pretending to be black or mixed race.

Several users compared her to Rachel Dolezal, the infamous activist who pretended to be black and even became president of her local NAACP in Spokane, Washington, until she was exposed as having no black or African ancestry.

The model has deactivated comments on her video tutorial, but in a screenshot that appears to show her addressing the row in an Instagram message she wrote: "Yes I'm white and I never claimed to be anything else."

She went far. She got the lip injections. Bet she developed a black speech accent too. Hilarious and offensive at the same time.

"They hate us and yet they wanna be us"

Basically sums it up.

I think there's a flaw in some of the reasoning for why this is an issue, though. Some people say that sponsorships and work she is getting as a faux mixed woman could have actually gone to a legit black woman... but would it have actually gone to a Black woman? That assumes that these European companies are writing Checks for Black models in the first place

They cantc help themselves it seems

In my experience, white women will lead you to believe they're ret not fully white if their skin is a lil dark or hair a lil thick.

and now I'm aware of the term "niggerfished". I guess this shit is a lot more widespread than just this hoe.

tweet-3.jpg

https://theglowup.theroot.com/a-twitter-account-is-outing-white-people-who-pretend-to-1830315636

"I believe it was William Shakespeare, in his great tragedy, Othello, who said:

“Everybody wants to be a nigga, but nobody wants to be a nigga,”

Or maybe the quote comes from the 192nd chapter of Psalms. Or the Emancipation Proclamation ... I’m not quite sure. But in the two thousand and eighteenth year of our transracial lord and savior Rachel N’Becky Shaka Zoolander Dolezal, blackness has become a removable costume.

ad

And now, a Twitter user whose name is a portmanteau from the n-word and “Catfishing”—the practice of using the internet and a gallon-sized bottle of bronzer to change one’s identity into something more attractive—has revealed a long list of Alabaster-Americans who have been posing as black on social media.
"

gteponv3sj2jggrg6zwh.jpg

Is pretending to be mixed the same as pretending to be Black, though? In the other thread, there are posters who make distinctions between mixed folks and folks who are Black on both sides, at least when it comes to who can and can't say certain things.

So Rachel Dolezal is more Black because she knows about Black issues? What about Black folks that are just unread?
Meaning she likes black culture enough to want to look like black women but she can’t relate to black peoples issues due to her being white.

Back