Welcome To aBlackWeb

I am curious why they didn't get the marine out. If the reason Griner got out instead is just because more people were making noise in support of her, that is kinda messed up.
According to the White House, that was the only deal Putin would consider. Whelan was never on the table. It was Griner or no one.

According to the White House, that was the only deal Putin would consider. Whelan was never on the table. It was Griner or no one.

That's what they tell us. I'm at the point where I don't believe anything these people say. But if they're being honest, then they did the right thing.

That's what they tell us. I'm at the point where I don't believe anything these people say. But if they're being honest, then they did the right thing.
It’s totally feasible that Putin understood the US optics of having Griner locked up. He knew he could get a high value prisoner based solely on the publicity Griner was getting. He didn’t have to offer up Whelan at all.

That’s like throwing down your Big Joker after your opponent throws out an Ace of Hearts. Cut with the lowest spade you got and hold the Big Joker for a bigger play later.

Back