Welcome To aBlackWeb

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainmen...y-Reid-Slams-Fox-News-Over-Black-12773021.php

MSNBC Anchor Joy Reid Slams Fox News Over Black Lives Matter Coverage: ‘They Are There to Attack’

"Their audience wants to see these people as villains and Fox portrays them as such," MSNBC anchor tells TheWrap

MSNBC Anchor Joy Reid is no fan of how Fox News has covered the Black Lives Matter movement, accusing the rival network of vilifying activists and “ginning up” anger against them.

“[Fox News’] purpose is to reframe the news from the perspective of white conservatives. It’s not really a neutral arbiter. It’s there really to do constituent services for white conservative Republicans,” Reid told TheWrap in an interview Wednesday.

“I don’t think they’re interested in the nuances of Black Lives Matter or understanding the movement. They are there to attack it and [activists] are easy people to portray as villains for their audience,” she continued. “Their audience wants to see these people as villains and Fox portrays them as such.”

Reid, who hosts the popular MSNBC weekend show “AM Joy,” recalled how Fox News crews covered riots in Baltimore following the 2015 death of Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old African American who died in police custody.

“They were in Baltimore,” she said. “They weren’t there to get the story, they were there to gin up anger against young people.”

In a statement to TheWrap, a Fox News spokesperson condemned the remarks: “Joy Reid knows nothing about FOX News or our audience; her attacks are baseless and hateful.”

https://deadspin.com/video-shows-virginia-tech-womens-lacrosse-team-chanting-1824096912

Video Shows Virginia Tech Women's Lacrosse Team Chanting The N-Word; Coach Calls It "Teachable Moment"

A video of the Virginia Tech women’s lacrosse team chanting the N-word while singing “Freaky Friday” by Lil Dicky was a “teachable moment,” head coach John Sung told the told the Roanoke Times.

The video—which appears to feature only white players—was recorded after last Saturday’s win over Elon and posted to Snapchat soon after.

The video was initially shared on Snapchat by an account under the name of a junior on the team. It was uploaded to Youtube on Sunday, and Sung released a statement about the video and granted an interview to the Times on Monday.

“This is a teachable moment,” Sung told the Times. “It’s not something that we’re proud of. The team is very apologetic and sorry. There’s nobody of any color that should say it. Period. There’s nobody that should say it.”

A person who shared the video on Twitter said that they received direct messages from a locked account purporting to be the player who had uploaded it to Snapchat, with a request to delete the tweet. Shortly after Deadspin emailed that player about those DMs, that locked account was deleted. (The player did not respond to that request for comment.) Here are screenshots of those DMs, provided by the person who shared the video: upload_2018-3-27_19-11-26.gif

yxfejfvzxd60d5klmgdv.png

aixkttpaszxkia6yfntp.png

wuyubkedyav4zsqabi9g.png

xpqhtrtjjllapiilkyck.png

Its funny how the right uses the term snowflake but that term is more applicable to these type of clowns

https://thinkprogress.org/crying-nazi-says-hes-an-fbi-informant-540c438c31f0/

The ‘crying Nazi’ from Charlottesville now says he’s an FBI informant

Ever since white supremacist Chris Cantwell took part in last August’s Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, his life has taken a turn for the worse.

First Cantwell posted a widely circulated video of himself crying after learning police were looking for him in the wake of the violence in Charlottesville. He surrendered to police in late August, and was indicted on felony charges of using tear gas in December — fellow white nationalists crowdfunded his bail however.

Although he is currently awaiting trial, Cantwell is still finding time to write and host white nationalist radio shows on his blog, Radical Agenda. Over the last week, however, Cantwell’s popularity on the far-right has taken another nosedive — thanks to his new claim that he is an FBI informant.

In a recent conversation with the notorious far-right hacker Andrew “Weev” Auernheimer, Cantwell said that he “talked to cops too, gonna talk to the feds soon most likely” and that “the feds want to bust Antifa, and I’m keen to help them.” Weev described Cantwell’s actions as “fucking shitty scumbag behavior” and then promptly leaked screenshots of the conversation.

Cantwell then doubled down in a blog post Sunday, titled “I Am A Federal Informant,” in which he claims that cooperating with the FBI is the only way to get back at antifa since the authorities in Charlottesville “had given license to masked thugs and terrorists to wage war on the streets.”

Cantwell’s selective memory omits the fact that the man who killed counter-protester Heather Heyer in Charlottesville was part of the far-right group Vanguard America. Toward the end of his interview with VICE’s Elle Reeve last August, Cantwell also made sure to show off his arsenal of weapons, showing how ready he was to “wage war on the streets.”

But Cantwell’s logic tumbled even further down the rabbit hole in a blog post on Monday. “We are not criminals. If the FBI searched every electronic device I have ever owned and pumped me full of top secret truth drugs… I literally couldn’t give them a single fucking criminal,” Cantwell explained. “There is absolutely no chance I could snitch on our guys EVEN IF I WANTED TO.”

In essence, Cantwell is justifying his cooperation with the FBI by trying to argue that all the instances of far-right violence seen at the Charlottesville rally weren’t a big deal, and that the real target of the FBI is antifa. Naturally, all of this didn’t go down particularly well among his fellow far-righters. The blog WeHuntedTheMammoth gathered a collection of responses, including ones calling Cantwell “human garbage” and “a self-admitted police informant.”

Cantwell’s claim that he’s working for the FBI is only one in a string of recent embarrassments for the far-right. Earlier in March, white nationalist Matthew Heimbach, leader of the Traditionalist Workers Party, was arrested and charged with battery after a fight broke out when it was revealed that he was having an affair with his mother-in-law. Richard Spencer’s influence has also drastically shrunk, and he recently cancelled the remainder of his college tour.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckr...invites-white-nationalist-jared-taylor-speech

Alabama Student Group Invites White Nationalist To Give Speech On Diversity

A University of Alabama student group has invited prominent white nationalist Jared Taylor to campus to speak on diversity.

“They’ve asked me to talk about whether diversity is a strength,” Taylor, publisher of long-running white nationalist publication American Renaissance, told TPM in a Friday morning phone call. “I think you can imagine the position I will take on that question.”

Taylor has publicly promoted his views on the genetic inferiority of black and Hispanic people for some three decades. Recent headlines under his byline on the American Renaissance site include “How To Achieve Racial Separation” and “Send Them Home,” a reference to undocumented immigrants.

“I assume they have researched me and have some idea of who I am,” Taylor said.

The invitation to speak on April 19 came from Students for America First, an organization that claims to be dedicated to “dealing with the challenges American and Western ideals face in our country.” The group’s red logo features the hissing rattlesnake of the Gadsden Flag—an image that gained popularity with the tea party movement.

Lincoln Egbert, the group’s vice president, who Taylor said extended the invitation to him, told TPM that America First would release a statement about the event on Friday.

University president Stuart Bell has condemned the invitation in a public statement, emphasizing that Taylor’s ideology “is counter to our institutional values” and that “hate and bigotry have no place” at the school. Bell said that as a public institution with a “commitment to free speech,” the university cannot prevent the event from taking place.

Taylor’s visit threatens to reignite an ongoing debate about hosting white nationalist speakers on college campuses. The difficulty of preemptively proving that a speaker poses a violent threat and the strong First Amendment protections in public spaces like state school campuses makes it hard for schools to stop such events from happening.

A handful of universities were sued by the graduate student who booked white nationalist Richard Spencer’s college tour after they refused to let Spencer speak, citing concerns about violence and disruption to campus life. Spencer recently quit the tour, saying the events were no longer “fun” because they were often derailed by large counter-protests by anti-racist activists.

Taylor, who is less prone to courting the media than Spencer, acknowledged that such mass protests were possible at his upcoming event.

“Anyone who speaks as a white person in the name of the legitimate interest of whites is going to attract an enormous amount of opposition,” he claimed.

Bell said in his message to the student body that “other events and activities are in the planning stages” but did not elaborate on what they entailed.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/02/us/florida-teacher-resignation-white-supremacist-podcast/index.html

Teacher who ran white supremacist podcast she said was satire submits resignation

Florida middle school teacher Dayanna Volitich submitted her resignation after it was found she was also the host of a white supremacist podcast called "Unapologetic" and the voice behind a Twitter account riddled with racist and anti-Semitic posts.

The Citrus County School District removed Volitich from the classroom while it investigated her behavior after The Huffington Post broke the story in March. On Monday, Assistant Superintendent Mike Mullen said in an emailed statement that the district received Volitich's resignation, but it isn't final until it's accepted by the school board. Approval of the resignation will be on the agenda at the April 10 school board meeting, Mullen said.

Charles E. Moore, Volitich's attorney, had no comment on his client's resignation letter.

Volitich, 25, taught social studies at Crystal River Middle School in Crystal River, Florida. Online, she went by the pseudonym "Tiana Dalichov." Last month, she confirmed through her attorney that she was the one speaking as Dalichov on the podcast, but said her comments were "political satire and exaggeration" and the persona was a "hobby."

"None of the statements released about my being a white nationalist or white supremacist have any truth to them, nor are my political beliefs injected into my teaching of social studies curriculum," she said in the statement.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/mar...de-while-appearing-on-tucker-carlson-tonight/

Mark Steyn Praises Book About White Genocide While Appearing On Tucker Carlson Tonight

Earlier this year, conservative commentator and frequent Tucker Carlson Tonightguest Mark Steyn found himself at the center of a whole lotta outrage after he trashed immigrants, complained that Arizona is becoming too brown and Hispanic, and noted that at least “white supremacists are citizens” during a hit with Tucker Carlson.

It looks like more controversy is about to follow him after another Tucker appearance.

During a segment about the recent reports that migrants are moving through Mexico to cross the US border, Steyn not only referenced a 1973 French novel that is popular with white supremacists, he praised it. After Carlson complained that liberals and members of the mainstream media were demonizing immigration hawks and calling them heartless, Steyn said the book The Camp of Saints“predicted what is happening.”

“A bunch of people got in a ship in India and sailed for the south of France in this novel and all of the media commented — like the CNN guy you just quoted — what is the big deal about this,” Steyn said, describing the book. “We are the sinful ones and we are the ones with the stain of all of the wicked isms of our past. Imperialism. Colonialism. Racism. And these people are the virtuous ones, they let them in, and they will redeem us.”

Carlson then asked Steyn if he believed he had been “softened up” and told to “shut up and obey,” all so it will get to the moment that he will be told to step aside and “let people come in your place.”

Steyn went on to explain that he isn’t being anti-immigrant because he is an immigrant, but that it is rather boring because he has to file a lot of paperwork. However, per Steyn, the left appropriated the term and now it is “an army of people” who don’t bother with the paperwork and now just come from “impoverished countries.”

“They have the virtuous right to walk into the country,” Steyn declared, to Carlson’s approval.

Anyway, according to Wikipedia, the book is popular with “white nationalists as it describes the white genocide conspiracy theory, it has been widely denounced as racist and compared to The Turner Diaries and Mein Kampf.”

And the Southern Poverty Law Center has this to say about the book

Back