Welcome To aBlackWeb

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...elf-into-police-after-viral-video/1889456002/

'South Park Susan' turns herself in to police after video shows her harassing women in apartment parking lot

SUNSET BEACH, N.C. – Susan Westwood, locally known as "South Park Susan," turned herself into police after a viral video showed her harassing two women in North Carolina.

Westwood was wanted for assaulting and threatening the women after a video taken Oct. 19 in the parking lot of a South Park apartment complex in Charlotte was shared more than 24,000 times. She also called 911 during the encounter, police say.

On Oct. 30, police issued a misdemeanor warrant for misuse of the 911 system against Westwood, but officers were not originally able to find her. Police said she falsely claimed people near her home were trying to break into nearby residences.

Saturday, Westwood, 51, turned herself in to the Sunset Beach Police Department in coastal North Carolina. She was then transported to the Brunswick County Sheriff's Department and served with the outstanding misdemeanor warrant as well as four criminal summons.

She faces charges she communicated threats and misused the 911 network.

Leisa and Mary Garris said they were waiting on AAA when they said Westwood began harassing them. They said the verbal exchange continued as the woman used foul language and made disparaging remarks.

"What are we gonna talk about tonight?" Westwood asks in the video. "Being hot, being beautiful, being white?"

Westwood proceeds to tell the women she makes $125,000. Since the video has gone public, Westwood's employer, Spectrum Cable, fired Westwood.

Patrick Paterno, a director of public relations with Charter Communications, shared a statement from the company saying "the incident recorded in Charlotte is a blatant violation of Charter's code of conduct and clearly disregards the company's commitment to inclusion and respectful behavior. As such, Ms. Westwood's employment with the company has been terminated, effective immediately."

Westwood also is heard in the video asking if she needs to bring out her concealed weapon.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/protesters-surround-carlsons-home

Protesters Surround Carlson’s Home, Chant ‘We Know Where You Sleep At Night!’ – Talking Points Memo

A group of protesters reportedly affiliated with the anti-fascist group Smash Racism D.C. surrounded the home of Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Wednesday night and shouted threatening messages, according to The Washington Post, which reviewed since-deleted videos and social media posts of the incident.

In one deleted video, the group was heard chanting, “Tucker Carlson, we will fight! We know where you sleep at night!” In another video, a woman is heard saying she wanted to “bring a pipe bomb” to the house, according to the Post.

After one of the protesters slammed into the front door of Carlson’s home — causing it to crack — Carlson’s wife Susan Carlson locked herself in the kitchen pantry and called police, the Fox News personality told the Post. Carlson’s wife was home by herself at the time, as Carlson prepped for his 8 p.m. show. Police told the Post that about 20 people surrounded the home.

“It wasn’t a protest. It was a threat,” Carlson, who is often criticized for his inflammatory rhetoric, especially about immigrants and minorities, told the Post. “They weren’t protesting anything specific that I had said. They weren’t asking me to change anything. They weren’t protesting a policy or advocating for legislation. … They were threatening me and my family and telling me to leave my own neighborhood in the city that I grew up in.”

The protesters also reportedly posted Carlson’s home address, as well as the addresses of his brother and Daily Caller co-founder Neil Patel, on Twitter before their accounts were suspended.

tenor.gif

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/...wore-racist-shirt-while-voting-in-mississippi

TN Hospital Fires Worker Who Wore Racist Shirt While Voting In Mississippi

OLIVE BRANCH, Miss. (AP) — A hospital in Tennessee has fired a worker who was photographed wearing a racist shirt while voting in Mississippi.

News outlets report that Regional One Health in Memphis says its investigation into the image shared online led to the man being fired. A picture of the man shows him at a polling place wearing a shirt that has a Confederate flag with a noose in the center and the words “Mississippi Justice.”

The hospital’s statement didn’t identify the man, but he has been identified online as a registered nurse, Clayton John Hickey.

Hickey is a former Memphis police officer who resigned in 2010 when found with a 17-year-old girl and open containers of alcohol in his car. News outlets say attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful.

Screen-Shot-2018-11-09-at-10.24.59-AM.png

‘Merica...

Word about Destiny Child's Michelle Williams engaged to a suspected racist (he's a pastor.) who supports Trump and Blue Lives Matter was out 7 months ago. Well she got her wake up call.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...train-staff/we1Ny6xOLfN1r3YVEWGyuI/story.html

Lord & Taylor settles racial profiling probe, plans to train staff

Upscale clothing retailer Lord & Taylor has agreed to pay $100,000, train its staff, and improve its loss prevention policies in a racial profiling settlement agreement reached this month with Attorney General Maura Healey’s office that could have lasting implications.

Healey’s office announced the settlement with Lord & Taylor LLC on Tuesday, saying it was the result of an investigation into the company’s loss prevention practices and policies at all of its four Massachusetts stores — in Boston, Braintree, Burlington, and Natick.

The investigation arose out of concerns that Lord & Taylor’s efforts to prevent shoplifting “perpetuated a climate of racial and ethnic bias” that resulted in the disproportionate targeting of black and Hispanic customers for surveillance and apprehension, the office said.

Lord & Taylor cooperated with the attorney general’s Civil Rights Division during its investigation and agreed to address these issues, Healey’s office said.

“Far too often, shoppers are unfairly viewed as suspicious or not belonging, simply because of their race or ethnicity,’’ Healey said in her announcement of the settlement. “This takes a toll on individuals and broader communities, even when it is the result of unconscious bias, and it is our collective responsibility to address it.”

She said the clothing retailer agreed to “take meaningful steps” to improve its policies and procedures to prevent racial profiling of customers.

In a statement, Lord & Taylor spokeswoman Nicole Schoenberg said the company maintains and enforces longstanding policies that promote diversity and inclusion, reflecting its high standards.

“We take these allegations seriously and regret if any customer ever felt unwelcome in our stores,’’ she said. “While we deny any wrongdoing whatsoever, we chose to engage cooperatively with the Attorney General’s Office and appreciate that they recognized our willingness to enhance our practices.”

The attorney general’s office said the investigation was launched after it received a complaint alleging racial discrimination in one of the stores. The office did not detail the complaint. Investigators subsequently learned about other complaints from talking with customers and former employees and examining data during the course of the investigation, the office said.

Tanisha M. Sullivan, president of the NAACP’s Boston Branch, said the settlement is an indication that society “can’t ever become numb to the reality and impact of racism.”

“This investigation reminds us that racial discrimination is still a serious problem in our society and we need to remain vigilant in rooting it out,” Sullivan said.

Ivan Espinoza-Madrigal, executive director of Lawyers for Civil Rights, praised Healey for tackling racial profiling in the retail industry.

“Retailers must comply with the law and follow best practices to overcome unconscious biases that disproportionately harm people of color,’’ he said.

In the settlement, reached Nov. 6, Lord & Taylor agreed to hire an outside consultant — who specializes in addressing unconscious or implicit bias in the retail industry — to conduct a thorough review of its existing shoplifting prevention policies.

The consultant will also work with the company to make improvements, including a specific policy to prevent racial bias in Lord & Taylor’s shoplifting prevention activities, Healey’s office said.

The company also has agreed to provide annual unconscious or implicit bias training to its employees. Lord & Taylor pledged to work with Healey’s office to develop and implement a “Customer Bill of Rights” that will provide resources and information for customers, including a phone number and e-mail address for filing complaints, Healey’s office said.

Lord & Taylor also agreed to pay $100,000 to the state to fund programs, activities, or other resources intended to combat racial discrimination and to promote racial equity and inclusion.

The settlement resolves alleged violations of the Massachusetts Public Accommodations Law and Consumer Protection Act.

The accommodations law makes it unlawful for any business that solicits or accepts the patronage of the general public to distinguish among customers on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability, Healey’s office said.

Outside the Lord & Taylor store in the Back Bay, some shoppers said they think racial profiling happens in high-end stores and urged companies like Lord & Taylor to examine their policies.

“They’re losing $100,000, but Lord & Taylor has so much money that’s nothing to them,’’ said Olivia Ezekwelu, a freshman at Northeastern University. “I’m wondering if this person they’re hiring and the bill of rights will actually be enacted or if it’s just for show to make people think something happened.

The Lord & Taylor case follows other reported instances of discrimination against customers based on their race and ethnic background.

The state sued the owner of The Tannery shoe store in the Back Bay in July after the owner, Hicham Ali “Sam” Hassan, denied service to an African-American man and a Middle Eastern woman shopping in the store, according to Healey, who filed a complaint in Suffolk Superior Court.

In December, Hassan prevented a black man from fully entering the Boylston Street store about 20 minutes before closing, according to the complaint, even though white people were walking in and shopping. Hassan allegedly told the man, “I do not want your kind in my store.”

The previous March, a woman of Middle Eastern descent who was shopping for a pair of boots said Hassan repeatedly asked her where she was from, according to the complaint. Hassan allegedly told her he didn’t trust immigrants.

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2018...1WxUp-vMBwtPPegE60SpI7oZLWVJNZcIj5d6AAHCxtYJU

Comcast on Wednesday fired Andrew Kovalic, a 10-year employee who earlier this week became the target of a viral petition alleging that he is a member of a hate group.

The petition that called for Kovalic’s termination, which had garnered 373 signatures by Wednesday morning, was created and sponsored by the Philadelphia-based nonprofit Media Mobilizing Project, which often scrutinizes media and telecommunications companies like Comcast.

The petition directly addressed Comcast CEO Brian Roberts:

“Employing Andrew Kovalic, a member of the hate group the Proud Boys, is an embarrassment and an insult to the communities of Philadelphia and the country. […] Comcast should terminate his employment immediately, and state clearly and publicly that it will not tolerate racist and fascist speech, organizing and actions from its employees.”

In a statement to Philadelphia magazine, Comcast said, “There’s no place for disrespectful, offensive behavior in our culture. The individual is no longer employed by Comcast.”

When asked how Comcast made its determination to fire Kovalic and what specific behavior led to the company’s decision, a spokesperson said they could not comment on the situation beyond the statement.

Calls made to a cell phone number associated with Kovalic, whose since-deleted LinkedIn profile said he had been working for Comcast as a communications technician since 2008, were not immediately returned.

The petition was created after a Twitter thread by user @AntiFashGordon went viral on Monday, November 12th. The thread called attention to a “We the People” rally scheduled to take place in Philadelphia on Saturday.

On Facebook, the rally’s organizers state that the purpose of the event is to “Show Philly what patriotism really is.” Those encouraged to attend are “patriots, militia, constitution loving Americans” and those who are “pro good cop, pro ICE, pro law and order, pro life, pro American value, pro gun and anti illegal immigration.”

Organizers also wrote, “Any violence, racism, or display of hate by any group or individual is extremely prohibited.”

Despite the rally’s stated purpose, the event is being linked to groups like the Proud Boys, which the Southern Poverty Law Center has deemed a hate group. This is where Kovalic comes in.

The now-former Comcast employee, the petition alleges, is a member of the Harrisburg Proud Boys chapter. The petition also alleges that Kovalic will work as a member of security at Saturday’s rally — which, the petition argues, is sufficient grounds for firing him.

The Media Mobilizing Project petition also calls attention to a photo of Kovalic in his Comcast uniform, holding up the “OK” hand gesture that’s simultaneously a trolling tactic of the alt-right and considered a symbol of white power. More on that here.

Read more at https://www.phillymag.com/news/2018/11/14/comcast-fires-proud-boys-employee/#jezUZwf3yqzJYyuP.99

comcast-fires-proud-boys-employee-andrew.jpg

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/white-kansas-county-commissioner-master-race-black-city-planner

White Official To Black Woman: Being In ‘Master Race’ Isn’t Why I Rejected Plan

LEAVENWORTH, Kan. (AP) — A white county commissioner in northeast Kansas who told a black city planner that he belongs to “the master race” as he rejected her proposed development plan is coming under pressure from fellow commissioners to resign.

Leavenworth County Commissioner Louis Klemp cited the master race — the Nazi ideology of Aryan supremacy — at a board meeting Tuesday while responding to a presentation by Triveece Penelton and a colleague on road development options in Tonganoxie, just west of Kansas City.

“I don’t want you to think I’m picking on you because we’re part of the master race,” Klemp told Penelton as he brought his fingers to his own teeth, according to the Kansas City Star. “You know you got a gap in your teeth, you’re the masters, don’t ever forget that.”

He then said he didn’t like any of the land use options that she had presented to the commission.

Commissioners Robert Holland and Doug Smith called on Klemp to resign before his term ends Jan. 15. The Republican Party appointed Klemp to the commission in October 2017 to fill a vacancy created by a resignation.

“In the best interest of the county, he should resign,” Smith told The Leavenworth Times for a story published Thursday.

“I was shocked. I was in disbelief,” Holland said. “He should resign. I don’t care if he’s got two days left, he should resign.”

Klemp told KSHB-TV off camera that his comment was a joke. A message left at his home Thursday was not immediately returned.

Klemp, who once ran for governor, has come under criticism in the past for making controversial comments.

Last December, while the commission was discussing holiday schedules, Klemp suggested Robert E. Lee, the commander of the Confederate Army in the Civil War, should be honored.

“Not everybody does them all because we have Robert E. Lee…Oh God Robert E. Lee…wonderful part of history,” Klemp said.

He also said George Washington probably wouldn’t get his own holiday because he was a slave owner.

“It bothers me that if we’re going to have Martin Luther King Day, why don’t we have a George Washington?” he said. “I think George was a pretty important guy.”

https://www.mediaite.com/uncategori...after-criticizing-muslim-congresswoman-elect/

Far Right Activist Laura Loomer Banned From Twitter After Criticizing Muslim Congresswoman-Elect

Laura Loomer‘s luck on Twitter has run out. The far-right provocateur was banned from the social media platform on Wednesday following posts that were determined to have violated Twitter’s rules regarding hate speech.

Loomer was suspended after posting a tweet to her more than 260,000 followers in which she called Minnesota Rep.-elect Ilhan Omar — the first Somali-American legislator elected to office in the United States and among two of the first Muslim women elected to Congress — “anti-Jewish” and part of a religion where “homosexuals are oppressed… women are abused and forced to wear the hijab.”

“I’ve been silenced in America,” Loomer reacted in a video posted to YouTube. “Everything I said is 100 percent true and factual. It’s not malicious, it’s not mean, it’s not hateful.”

In the video, Loomer pleaded for President Donald Trump to “do something” and also said she would be filing a lawsuit against Twitter for what she sees as “egregious” behavior against conservatives on the site.

Loomer has, however, promised to keep “iloominating the truth” on the fringe social media site Gab.

“My haters are celebrating today, and they are saying this is the end of my career,” she wrote, “but I want everyone to know I’m just getting started. Everyone who knows me knows I don’t back down.”

Video shows a white teen choking Syrian refugee classmate and pouring water on his face, and some are condemning the school for not taking action in the month since it was recorded. A crowdfunding campaign for the boy has already raised nearly 25,000 British pounds to help him and his family relocate. The victim Jamal is a refugee in the UK who has been subject to months of bullying along with his little sister.

Back