Welcome To aBlackWeb

Which Version U Like Volume 1: Chris Jericho

Which version of Chris Jericho do you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BountyHunterRo

I’ve come to collect
2022 ABW Sexiest Male Poster
So I’ve taking a break from the previous thread series I started about who’s been more successful or failure on the main roster because of some unforeseen circumstances but I’ve decided to create a new series. Today we look at Chris Jericho. This man has reinvented himself so many times and has been quite successful in doing so. Let’s look at some of Le Champions personas and you decide which ones you have enjoyed the most:

Lionheart /man of 1004 holds in WCW:

When Chris entered WCW in 1996, he was a big fish in a small pond. He wasn’t really popular during his short stint in ECW but now he had the chance to be “where the big boys play.” At first he was a white mean baby face but soon turned heel and a new persona was formed. During a feud with Dean Malenko, Jericho claimed he was the man of 1004 holds, a rip-off of Dean’s man of 1000 holds moniker. This legendary promo had Jericho named all (not all) of the 1004 moves that he knew:

Allatoya of Rock and Rolla/ Y2J: WWE (99- late 01)

You can agree that Chris maybe had the best WWE debut in history when the millennium clock struck 0:00 with The Rock in the ring in August 1999. Don’t remember? Here:

Combine that with Jericho almost winning the WWF title from HHH on a Raw in April 2000 with the crowd going nuts (though it was overturned later), playing a huge part in the invasion angle, ethering Daddy’s little girl Stephanie McMahon at every turn, Chris may have been at his peak. Oh do I miss promos from the early 2000s:

Heel Jericho: late 2001-2004ish?

This version is somewhat forgotten. There were moments like defeating Rock and Stone Cold and becoming the first ever undisputed champion in wwe history (he, nor wwe never remembered to tell the fans that huh?), his epic match with Shawn Michaels at wrestle mania 19 (loved loved loved loved when he low blowed HBK after they hugged at the conclusion of the match) and a few Intercontinental title reigns here and there. Then he left in August 2005 and came back in late 2007 as.....

BITW At What I Do Guy: 2007-2011ish

Now he didn’t start as this guy but eventually he did and he wanted to get serious for a minute (Lance Storm?). He’d come to the ring in a suit and proclaim that “I am the best in the world at what I do, do you understand what I saying to you right now??” He once again feuded with Shawn Michaels but this time it was personal, as in Jericho slugging HBKs wife. Scandalous!!

That rivalry culminated in a epic ladder match in October 2008 when Chris won the world heavyweight championship (miss the big gold belt). He would come back sporadically but ended up staying for a while when he became...

BFFs with KO: 2016-17

I was throughly entertained when 2 of my favorites came together to be beat bros. After Kevin Owens won his first and only Universal Championship, it was Chris who tagged along and made WWE magic. Chris also debuted something that would catch on quickly with fans: the list. Yes the list. Something so simple as a note pad and a pen would “get over” with fan. Ah the memories:

also, the scarf. That’s legendary.

And last, but definitely not least:

Le Champion: 2019- present

Chris became the first ever AEW world champion and celebrated with a little of the bubbly (which turned into him actually having wine with the same name. Making him even more money. What the fuck.)
He headed the inner circle faction that is entertaining, yet heelish and used his fame to push younger stars (Sammy Guevara) and bringing in new talent (Santana and Ortiz, Jake Hager). It’s not all about the bubbly either. He’s got a dad bod but doesn’t even matter. They got fans singing his theme music. He’s a heel, remember?

this is gonna be hard to choose, at least I think so. We’ll see. Which Jericho you like??

Dope thread premise. Curious to see who is else would fit this mold with various variations of their character. Maybe HBK, Bray, and Scott Steiner

i think I like Jericho when he was wearring suits and saying big words and looking down on people as a heel. This Le Champion moniker is a close 2nd. His stuff with Dean Malenko is his most entertaining

Last edited:
gotta go with Y2J since that’s what made me a fan of his and was a huge factor in what got me into wrestling at that time along with rock, hardy’s, taker, etc.

Conspiracy Victim Jericho and Paragon of Virtue Jericho was my favorite wrestler during the god forsaken NWO reign in WCW. Ralphus and Jericho would made for good time along with all the cruiserweights.

01-03 Undisputed Champ Jericho

idk which one this falls under but heel Jericho vs HBK at mania where after the match they hugged and then he kicked him in the balls.

That was some top of the line heel shit too.

Edit: I just looked and that was actually apart of that 01-03 run. That shit was wild

What about the Jericho over at NJPW?

I like Le Champion tho. Bruh a heel and fans was still singing his intro. One fan had a sign that read "Hey guys, he's the heel". LOL!!

Back