• Total voters

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
1. 50 (G-Unit) vs Ja (Murder Inc) Beef

or

2. The Roc-A-Fella Break Up​

NY radio stopped playing and supporting NY rappers>>

U can argue NY radio had a bigger part, but both situations in the OP played a part too.

And lets keep it a buck. In this internet era, radio really isn't that much of a factor. What amazing NY music is being neglected by NY radio?

I'd say the 2 situations in the OP played the biggest part in NY's demise.

U can argue NY radio had a bigger part, but both situations in the OP played a part too.

And lets keep it a buck. In this internet era, radio really isn't that much of a factor. What amazing NY music is being neglected by NY radio?

I'd say the 2 situations in the OP played the biggest part in NY's demise.
It’s just beef though. I don’t see how beef should factor that much into a city falling off.

It’s just beef though. I don’t see how beef should factor that much into a city falling off.

It can be argued that the main reason ATL has been able to have the run their having is because they all work together.

All the biggest rappers in NY working against each other and playing politics to cut off other nigga's bags, a bunch of collabs that never took place cuz of the beefs, etc all that shit adds up.

Over night 50 was able to make Ja's style seem corny af and everybody all of sudden stopped fuckin with homie. Ja was making hits for Joe, J Lo, everybody fuckin body. Everybody was eating. Now all of sudden he's corny and the fucked up thing is 50 ended up using the exact same style lol

Ja was necessary for NY hip hop.

There's mad layers to how the 50 vs Ja beef fucked up NY hip hop.

It can be argued that the main reason ATL has been able to have the run their having is because they all work together.

All the biggest rappers in NY working against each other and playing politics to cut off other nigga's bags, a bunch of collabs that never took place cuz of the beefs, etc all that shit adds up.

Over night 50 was able to make Ja's style seem corny af and everybody all of sudden stopped fuckin with homie. Ja was making hits for Joe, J Lo, everybody fuckin body. Everybody was eating. Now all of sudden he's corny and the fucked up thing is 50 ended up using the exact same style lol

Ja was necessary for NY hip hop.

There's mad layers to how the 50 vs Ja beef fucked up NY hip hop.
Like there hasn’t been a history of beef among southern rappers? The politics with radio was the biggest reason far more than 50/Ja ever could.

A major factor honestly is just how this new generation is when it comes to accepting what they consider good music. The market is so diluted now. These days there isn’t a very big distinction between a NY rapper & a rapper from ATL. The ones who seem to have any uniqueness are either the select few who broke through or are lost in the shuffle along with the status quo. NY hip hop was dragged kicking and screaming into this new era & it hasn’t recovered yet.

Back