Welcome To aBlackWeb

Where things went wrong......Scarface (Al Pacino)

P
U
S
S
Y

Got to wild getting new pussy (Phiefer). Turns out it wasn't as good as he hoped it would be

Got to possessive with his sis pussy. Had he been thinking straight he would have realized Manolo was the best nigga for her.

Scared of karma. Ain't no half stepping in the dope game. You cant choose when and where to be moral. You had a job, do it!

Pussy, the downfall of a lot of men

I guess my issue is, that one event didnt snowball into anything else. I mean, he killed her guy/his boss, but none of those decisions had consequences later on in the film

Hold up, Tony wasn't shown doing coke until he got around shorty if I remember correctly.

When he started having eyes for the bosses daughter, then on top of that he was trying negotiate like he was the hnic

Frank was trying to put him on game but he violated

Scarface was a direct contrast to the contradictions of the American Dream pitched in the 1980s when excess was highly glorified. Brian De Palma was as much a director as he was a psychologist for society. He just used film as his medium.

America takes inspiration from the Roman Empire and De Palma through Scarface, even makes a point to show how power like a fruit can ripen and then rot from the inside out. One bad apple can spoil the bunch and this analogy can be used to explain Sosa (someone who shows the contradiction with Tony's principles and has a conflict of interest because he was looking out for himself), Manolo with his connect that got Tony pinched, Frank Lopez and others. Tony was destined to lose but his rise was ever so inspiring because he took the game rather than take the lowest offer. Anyone can relate to Tony Montana or admire his charisma and courage. The movie is very layered but the question to ask is how important is success to you and what is enough ? Is it about being content ? Is it worth it ? The movie serves as a contradiction to the American Dream and it's hypocrisies.

Thanks man

"Number four: Know you heard this before Never get high on your own supply" - Biggie

Manolo shouldn't have gone there wit the sis. At least he should've been straight up wit Tony from the jump about him & her, and them planning to get married.

Nah Tony was overreacting

Who better than your best friend

Exactly. But fault still lies on Manolo. Yeah Tony was possessive af, but I'd like to think had he step to him a LOT sooner, I think Tony would've been cool.

The war with Sosa already started.
He was looking for Manolo to let him know.
So fucking his sister was not it

Back