Welcome To aBlackWeb

When Did Vince Lose It?

BountyHunterRo

I’ve come to collect
2022 ABW Sexiest Male Poster
With the former Dean Ambrose acknowledging that he was miserable in WWE and WWE being horrible creatively for a while now, when did you think that Vince started to lose his sense of what the WWE audience wants? I think it goes back to at least 2003, during triple h’s reign of terror.

What say you?

tenor.gif
I dont watch Rasslin no more but when he inserted him self in the ring and tried to make him self as a wrestler marketable

I would say it would have to be somewhere like 2008/09. Or really the start of main event CM Punk, first angle I know off the top was booked to shit after MITB.

When he started letting every celeb host Raw, just to promote whateva it is they had coming out.

I actually stopped watching Raw during that time. Shyt was pathetic

2008-2009 when WWE start the PG Era 2.0. I know Vince is trying to cater to the younger audience but when the rating demographics are down in each age group across the board, who is going to keep watching?

2008 was a good year despite the shift to PG

i remember most of 2011 being dreadful until that pipe bomb promo

2013 was really bad. DB and the Shield were the only parties i cared about

2010-15 were pretty bad. The few things that were interesting were the shield, Wyatt family, DB, cm punk, and NXT

I really think with the kids from the 90s growing up wrestling in general lost its edge. I stopped around the time of highschool. And when i would go back John Cena rap gimmick ended it for me.

As far as McMahon probably like yall said around 2008

JinderMahalWins.jpg

Vince started losing it in late 2007/2008 when he ushered in the PG Era. He bought out his competition and slowly started regressing. When you monopolize the market, your product or service has a higher tendency to become stale thus making the company complacent because imperfect competition no longer exists. Well, at least on a high level. Then there were no more hardcore matches, piledrivers, blading, and chairshots to the head. The wrong wrestlers were getting pushes and overbooked. The right wrestlers were getting buried to no end. Nowadays, there's some great wrestlers but they suck at promos. Then there's terrible or okay wrestlers but their promo skills keep you entertained.

Back