Welcome To aBlackWeb

Whats wrong with this picture?

So it's country... and corny

'Alan Dundes (1996) notes the unusual development of how "a custom which slaves were forced to observe by their white masters has been revived a century later by African Americans as a treasured tradition"'

So if you really think about it...what's wrong is they still forcing niggas to observe white traditions😕

If that’s your take that’s fine man I’m sure it applies to the foods as well or even saying nigga. I don’t think it’s corny to take something like this to today.

If that’s your take that’s fine man I’m sure it applies to the foods as well or even saying nigga. Idon’t think it’s corny to take something like this to today.
Lol it's not my take, it's its history

You ain't gotta think it's corny but I hope you inform the next black couple you see jumping the broom that they aren't honoring their ancestors traditions but are instead are telling their guest they doubt their marriage will last

You ain't gotta think it's corny but I hope you inform the next black couple you see jumping the broom that they aren't honoring their ancestors traditions but are instead are telling their guest they doubt their marriage will last

no I won’t but thanks

Honest question cause I ain't looking it up.

What makes your research of that tradition true and other people who's research said it came from black people not true?

Last edited:
Honest question cause I ain't looking it up.

What makes your research of that tradition true and other people who's research said it came from black people not true?
Lol what research have they done?

Niggas saw Toby do it. Research over. Now yall jumping over brooms like a bunch of European sprites and got the nerve to tell YT they can't do it anymore lol

Lol what research have they done?

Niggas saw Toby do it. Research over. Now yall jumping over brooms like a bunch of European sprites and got the nerve to tell YT they can't do it anymore lol

Possibly the same that you did from different sources that gave them different info than you.

So again why is your sources a "fact" & their sources "not a fact"?

Possibly the same that you did from different sources that gave them different info than you.

Idk man....maybe because they facts also state the tradition started long before it was forced upon African slaves in the America's????

You got the same access to the internet as the rest of us, look it up

Once you done, you tell me what 'facts' you came up with

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Idk man....maybe because they facts also state the tradition started long before it was forced upon African slaves in the America's????

In my 1st post to you I said I wasn't going to look it up.

I was just asking you a question why you felt the info you got regarding it coming from white people as a fact and the info that others got saying it came from black people as not a fact.

I'm not leaning to either side just asking a question. Thanks for the answer.

I know interracial couples integrate parts of their different cultures in their wedding all the time, but just seems so odd....

I legit learned something new in this thread. I always heard the phrase but had no idea this is where it came from. Up until this, I had no idea why people were so upset with that pic.

On one hand, it's not uncommon for someone to take part in a different culture's ritual when getting married to a person from another culture. On the other hand, that hits a little different when the reason the ritual exists is because the ancestors of the bride enslaved the ancestors of the groom and prevented them from getting married legally.

Some shit you just don't do marriage or not. I mean it's family recipes that folks won't even give to certain family members.

Because it what he wants to believe. If he thinks it’s country Abd corny he will find evidence of it

It didn’t state anywhere in what you posted the tradition started before the 18 century which was a time of slavery. Yes in 1746 it meant sham but in 2022 it does not. We do this with many things

Back