Welcome To aBlackWeb

What's the national dish of your background?

Not a popularity contest man, it’s the taste of the hand. Insane clown posse be having a large concert, their music trash though. Trini don’t make better jerk than y’all Jamaicans, at all.

Bredren, next time I in New Jersey, I linking yuh up. Point me to a yardie spot that wicked with curry cuisine. Watery curry is a no no.

I be in Montclair area.

Trincity on liberty avenue, queens!!

View attachment 138032 View attachment 138033 View attachment 138034 View attachment 138035 View attachment 138036 View attachment 138037

Ayo shout out to my hometown Montclair but you're not gotta get anyting resembling good jerk chicken over there since my grandfather passed.

I would say even in the whole NYC no commercial place can make jerk chicken better than me and I've been looking for years. Jamaican restaurants are mad unreliable... you''ll feel like you found the spot! and then go back a week later and be eating he same batch of chicken you had the first time you were there.

Yeah I said it.

Lol @ gin
Niggaz do be spiking that shit. This your first time making it and u already adding a taste. U might have a lil Caribbean background

Nah homie, been making it for years. My Guyanese family been making it forever along with tamarind drink.

... Which reminds me, I need to hit up the Mexican spot for some tamarind and limes.

So what is this?

Sorrel drink. A hibiscus drink made pretty much across the islands and Guyana. Typically has ginger, cloves, and cinnamon in it but some folks add orange peel, pimento grains, or bay leaves (like @figo).

Mexicans make something called agua de jamaica which is just hibiscus and sugar but it's still good as hell.
Nigerians got a similar drink called zobo, but they use garlic and pineapple in it. One of my aunts married a Nigerian cat and when they were staying with my grandmother for a while he used to make it. I'm not a fan 'cause of the garlic.

Sorrel drink. A hibiscus drink made pretty much across the islands and Guyana. Typically has ginger, cloves, and cinnamon in it but some folks add orange peel, pimento grains, or bay leaves (like @figo).

Mexicans make something called agua de jamaica which is just hibiscus and sugar but it's still good as hell.
Nigerians got a similar drink called zobo, but they use garlic and pineapple in it. One of my aunts married a Nigerian cat and when they were staying with my grandmother for a while he used to make it. I'm not a fan 'cause of the garlic.
Is this something I could get made up already like at a specialty store like a nestea or I have to brew it myself

jamaica - ackee n salt fish,jerk chicken
guyana - roti and dhal
I'm guyanese. I live in Canada.
See here people tend not to look down on another person's background it's what makes living in Canada unique. As a minority in Canada you don't have to identify as Canadian to be Canadian we welcome and represent all so when someone asks what's your background or nationality is here you identify with where you or your parents are born which for me is Guyana.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

And if you eat mashed potatoes and gravy but have a problem with fries gravy and cheese you a clown. On crip.

The nerve of niggas from the land of burgers and fries having a problem with poutine. We upgraded your shit. If you haven't had a good one its cause you haven't had it in the right place.

@Sion tell these niggas about a Montreal smoked meat poutine.

say fkin word ur guyanese

Is this something I could get made up already like at a specialty store like a nestea or I have to brew it myself

Best bet is to brew it yourself. It ain't really that hard to make

I rarely go months without sorrel juice, home made passion fruit juice, Mauby juice, home made peanut punch, beetroot punch, sea moss punch etc etc.

Wash and boil with a cinnamon stick (spice), bay leaf, and a couple cloves. I also add some vodka into it after sweetening. Not plenty, but to give it a nice flavor.
View attachment 109704 View attachment 109705

I got 3 more left for now. Bottle it out and freeze.
View attachment 109706

Last edited:
So, funny thing is I think it started here on abw, but I had no idea pitbeef was a MD thing.

Everybody be shitting on arbys and I was like it's just fast food Pitbeef...

Niggaz was like *wee-bay*face....

And I'm like.. Exactly... Remember wee-bay said he'd confess to all those extra murders for as pitbeef with extra horseradish??

Apparently it's a md thing. Even my home girl in Jersey ain't know about them. I thought shit was normal....we got pitbeef spots all over the city

Back