Welcome To aBlackWeb

What's The Hardest Game You've Ever Played?

I'm gonna have to be the old guy and say Icewind Dale. To my knowledge that was the first game where they had to put out a patch to adjust the difficulty level because the shit became damn near impossible at one point.

Fuck that game.

Sekiro definitely.

With Dark Souls, you could at least summon people to your world and handle tough bosses or areas, but sekiro you were completely alone and that combat in the game aint no joke. One wrong move could fuck you up big time or at the very least leave you scrambling. I cant count how many attempts some of those bosses took for me to kill them.

Genichiro, the first fight.. Maaaaan, fuck that guy. Well technically it was the 2nd fight since your first fight of the game is with genichiro, but still. Then the White Ape.. The last 3 bosses i straight up cheesed cuz i was getting no where after 20 attempts lol.
Was about to start playing again and saw a gameplay video of the white ape battle when he gets up after being decapitated.

I'm good

Was about to start playing again and saw a gameplay video of the white ape battle when he gets up after being decapitated.

I'm good
Lol bro.. so that shit took me so long to get the first death blow on him. I was all excited thinking "Ah man, only one deathblow needed he must not be a main boss!" Shit takes me 15 attempts but i finally get him. Start looking around the area to figure out where to go. Hear something happening, turn around and the fucking thing stands up and pulls out a sword i out loud was like "WHAT THEEE FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!" And he kills the fuck out of me. Took me another 15 attempts at least to kill him after that lmao.

Lol bro.. so that shit took me so long to get the first death blow on him. I was all excited thinking "Ah man, only one deathblow needed he must not be a main boss!" Shit takes me 15 attempts but i finally get him. Start looking around the area to figure out where to go. Hear something happening, turn around and the fucking thing stands up and pulls out a sword i out loud was like "WHAT THEEE FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!" And he kills the fuck out of me. Took me another 15 attempts at least to kill him after that lmao.
Lmaoooo sounds exactly like this would happen to me.

I'm gonna go through the souls games first and prepare to not punch a hole through the TV when I play Sekiro again.

None of these new era games are all that hard. Not to say they aren't difficult, but you can get through them if you try. Either you found a code or you just gave up on some of those old school games. Like think about Ghost and Goblins. You basically had to go through the whole game in one setting and then if you beat it, you had to go through it all over again before the game was actually complete.

I had a couple little known games when I was a kid, Dr. Chaos and Solstice. I had to give up on them shits. I couldn't even figure them out.

None of these new era games are all that hard. Not to say they aren't difficult, but you can get through them if you try. Either you found a code or you just gave up on some of those old school games. Like think about Ghost and Goblins. You basically had to go through the whole game in one setting and then if you beat it, you had to go through it all over again before the game was actually complete.

I had a couple little known games when I was a kid, Dr. Chaos and Solstice. I had to give up on them shits. I couldn't even figure them out.
Old school games weren’t hard either. You’re mostly held back because of crappy game design. Once you figure out all the nuances you can breeze through it, It’s one of the reason why a lot of old school games has speed runs

Old school games weren’t hard either. You’re mostly held back because of crappy game design. Once you figure out all the nuances you can breeze through it, It’s one of the reason why a lot of old school games has speed runs

All games have speed runs. You're right that usually the difficulty came from bad design, but that doesn't change the fact they were hard.

All games have speed runs. You're right that usually the difficulty came from bad design, but that doesn't change the fact they were hard.
You beat it enuf time and memorize everything it’s not so hard anymore. True @ every game having speed runs but old school games can all e beaten the quickest cause they were all short. That’s why developers made it hard on purpose

What about games that involve high scores? I basically gave up on Super Hexagon and Geometry War 2. And there are a lot of games that use procedural generation and RNG these days, I still never beat FTL because of that shit.

Nah Sekiro and Cuphead are legit frustrating.

And that even on normal difficulty

Ninja_Gaiden_%28NES%29.jpg

Surprised no mention of the battletoads series. Every time I get to the bike level, I lose all my lives but one. The next stage, I have no lives to spare. But it may be because I played with my brother. That game is impossible with 2 players

Back