Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 90s

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 00s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10s

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I’m sure there’s better eras but living through the Tyson/Lennox Lewis/Bowe/Hollyfield era of the 90’s was cool. Especially compared to now.

80's...

The Fab Four, legendary welterweights, all fighting one another (like some round robin)

As a kid, my dad and uncles used to wax lyrical about those fights.

Had them on vhs tapes. Reason why I got into boxing from young.

View attachment 401820

Hagler wasn't a welterweight he was a middleweight.

It's tough for me to say a straight decade that way. I would say more of a mid 80s to mid 90s era for me

Hagler wasn't a welterweight he was a middleweight.

It's tough for me to say a straight decade that way. I would say more of a mid 80s to mid 90s era for me

Yeah you right... I think it's because the other 3 all fought at welterweight (excluding the last hearns-leonard fight), it makes me and other people in boxing refer to it as a welterweight era.

80's...

The Fab Four, legendary welterweights, all fighting one another (like some round robin)

As a kid, my dad and uncles used to wax lyrical about those fights.

Had them on vhs tapes. Reason why I got into boxing from young.

View attachment 401820

Plus you can add Wilfred Benitez into that mix too...

Best eras depends on weights classes too, like the late 70's early 80's had their round robbin and elite fighters too, Matthew Saad Muhammad, John Conteh, Eddie Mustafa Muhammad, Dwight Muhammad Qawi, Yaqui Lopez, Marvin Johnson, Spinks, Victor Galindez etc that was an incredible era for the light heavies that gets overlooked...

Back