Welcome To aBlackWeb

What people mad about today?

mom is trash and is the reason she acting out. Don’t call your daughter a bitch and then be confused when she don’t act like the lady you want her to be.
It's folks who think she doing the right thing is the problem. Think this shit is "tough love" so her daughter won't grow up to be a "hoe". I swear some folks who claim to raise their kids their way, say that shit as a defensive mechanism when real shit is suggested to them because deep down they ain't parent material at all.

Young child made a mistake, but her Mom doing it this way is going to ruin not only their seemingly fragile relationship, but her daughter future life already. Black people move too much off emotional bondage, but it's not our fault. Shit is too complicated to decipher but this shit deeply rooted in us.

It's folks who think she doing the right thing is the problem. Think this shit is "tough love" so her daughter won't grow up to be a "hoe". I swear some folks who claim to raise their kids their way, say that shit as a defensive mechanism when real shit is suggested to them because deep down they ain't parent material at all.

Young child made a mistake, but her Mom doing it this way is going to ruin not only their seemingly fragile relationship, but her daughter future life already. Black people move too much off emotional bondage, but it's not our fault. Shit is too complicated to decipher but this shit deeply rooted in us.
I wouldn't call this a mistake

A mistake is leaving a pot of boiling water on the stove or leaving something in the oven too long when your mama tells you to take it out when the timer goes off

There are a couple of issues going on here

1) parents are getting younger and younger. I won't go into a deep dive about why I feel this is the case but it matters in the grand scheme

2) kids have way too much access to shit too soon in life these days. On one hand, you want your child to be able to get on touch with you in the event of an emergency, so you feel like getting them a phone. Otoh, they aren't just sitting around waiting for said emergency to happen just so they can call you to be able to use it. They are going to be prisoners of these things if the parents continue wanting to be seen as a peer instead of the authoritative figure.

Kids are going to think their parents are mean. So what? But it is a balance. I don't see an issue with getting an older child a phone in principle, however, I do see an issue with getting a phone and not being proactive to limit what they can and can't do on it by setting up parental controls until they begin to show the responsibility that comes with having a phone.

It look nasty but avocado has no flavor so it probably don’t do much in reality...creamier texture I guess

Back