Welcome To aBlackWeb

What keeps NBA Commish Adam Silver up at night

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26149870/what-keeps-adam-silver-night

Interesting article

a couple of bullets i found interesting in particular

• Silver said that market size imbalances are worrying him in a new way -- not as in the past, when players were limited in off-court opportunities if they played in small markets and therefore wanted to play only in big hubs. But now with the clustering of stars on teams -- even small-market teams -- the costs are creating cases in which teams might have to choose between keeping a contender together and franchise profitability.
  • "That's an unfair position to put our teams in," he said. "Are you willing to be a deep taxpayer and lose money in order to compete? That's a fault in our current system."

• The owners chose to make contracts shorter in the past few collective bargaining agreements. That was meant to protect teams from bad deals and protect players from getting stuck being underpaid. But the change has helped transfer power to star players because of their ability to change teams more easily, and they can now pressure teams because of it. This is no small admission.

Thoughts

team owners might make a little less of a KILLING, they alright

and Bron is the only one running shit like that....I dont see any other players with that type of control

team owners might make a little less of a KILLING, they alright

and Bron is the only one running shit like that....I dont see any other players with that type of control

Bron’s brand is crazy...thats what allow him to move that way

Modern day MJ whether niggas admit it or not

I dont even know that MJ had that kinda pull in the league

his "power" kinda came after

also different times, and players didnt move around so much

well couldnt OKC offer Durant a max deal and he bolted to GS?

well couldnt OKC offer Durant a max deal and he bolted to GS?

how did that pressure either organization tho?

he said keep the money I wanna win

Didnt one of them niggas in Dallas try to hold his nuts on the team for a bigger deal and get kicked to the curb?

how did that pressure either organization tho?

he said keep the money I wanna win

Didnt one of them niggas in Dallas try to hold his nuts on the team for a bigger deal and get kicked to the curb?
Nerlens Noel and Durant not the same caliber player tho

Reactions: 1/2
Nerlens Noel and Durant not the same caliber player tho

agreed, im just saying

they made it like its some mass takeover of players running the show

that bullet was strictly for Bron lol

I dont even know that MJ had that kinda pull in the league

his "power" kinda came after

also different times, and players didnt move around so much
Owners really cant get mad...they opened the door when they allowed them shorter contracts...

If NFL players were hip they would kill trying to get these long-term deals and do 2-3 yr deals. Would increase thier chances of getting more gauranteed money

not sure what you mean

its not as big of a deal as the excerpt makes it

maybe he's looking forward....and saying what Bron is doing is going to make the next generation come in and fuck everything up

its just not that widespread right now

its not as big of a deal as the excerpt makes it

maybe he's looking forward....and saying what Bron is doing is going to make the next generation come in and fuck everything up

its just not that widespread right now

This def gonna happen

Zion may not as good as Bron

But his brand has the potential to be 3x what Bron is doing

so they feel like niggas gonna try to come in wanting that 300M off the rip lol

before the teams fall into that, I seriously see them boxing that shit out and just settling for less desired players

they got the money and time on their side.....niggas always gone come back and take the deal if nothing else is out there

so they feel like niggas gonna try to come in wanting that 300M off the rip lol

before the teams fall into that, I seriously see them boxing that shit out and just settling for less desired players

they got the money and time on their side.....niggas always gone come back and take the deal if nothing else is out there

For rookies that first contract sewed up cause its slotted

But that second joint gonna be a doosey. A player like Zion or any of these players for that matter now have the means to go into negotiations and say “you aint just getting Zion the player...you are getting my brand...and the economic impact and viewers it brings”

I compare it to when rappers started investing in clothing lines, film, liqour etc.

Now as a label you werent just getting the artists you getting a brand...and you will pay me accordingly

yeah, I see where you're going

cant get mad tho....just like you mentioned the music biz, people will always continue to smarten up

and i think being completely business minded over all IS a wave in current times

Back