Welcome To aBlackWeb

What is your favorite specialty match

Playboy buddy rose

For me it's tha iron man match... It's difficult to go at least a full 60 minutes... I feel that a lot of specialty matches don't live up to tha hype.

Love 2 out of 3 falls matches when all 3 matches are different. Not like what wwe stupidly did last year with it. Something like this- first fall: regular match, second fall: street fight, third and final fall: cage match (like the epic triple h stone cold match from no way out 2001)

I agree with @OGDirtyDee
Ladder matches

Entertaining, can be done in variations (number of wrestlers), great spots, always has a purpose (Championship)

Hell in a Cell those first few years was great until they fucked it away. Nothing about those matches feel organic anymore. Same for ladder matches. I like submission matches when there’s two dudes who can really go. Bret vs Austin & Jericho vs Benoit were two great ones. That ultimate submission match with Angle & Benoit was excellent too.

Hell in a Cell those first few years was great until they fucked it away. Nothing about those matches feel organic anymore. Same for ladder matches. I like submission matches when there’s two dudes who can really go. Bret vs Austin & Jericho vs Benoit were two great ones. That ultimate submission match with Angle & Benoit was excellent too.
Add those best out of 5 matches spread out over a month. For it to work it has to be 2 great mid-card workers (ex Benoit vs Booker T in WCW) where whomever wins gets elevated to the main event scene.

Most HIAC matches were great, until it became a ppv. Elimination chamber matches were great, until it became a ppv. TLC matches were great, until, you guessed it, it became a ppv. Not saying every speciality ppv match was bad but these gimmick ppvs are over saturated and makes the matches less spectacular

Last edited:
Ladder Match.

Simple, effective. FILLED with drama when done right. TLC and TLC2 might be the greatest ladder matches ever.

Last Man Standing matching are always good, too.

Back