Welcome To aBlackWeb

What is the definition of Gaslighting?

Mr.LV

OG
I keep hearing it ,but there's so many different definitions of the word Gaslighting . So what is the true definition?

I thought it was when you say or do some shit knowing its gonna elicit an extreme response from someone and then you call them nuts and say they are over-reacting for responding the way they did... even though you knew the shit would happen.

Basically trolling... that was my understanding of it

*shrugs*

I thought it was when you say or do some shit knowing its gonna elicit an extreme response from someone and then you call them nuts and say they are over-reacting for responding the way they did... even though you knew the shit would happen.

*shrugs*
I call it nigging... But I can see your point

Gaslighting as defined by psychologists and psychotherapists is a form of manipulation used to keep you in a state of confusion. The doer is attempting to sow seeds of doubt to make you question your recollection, perception, who you are within yourself and even your sanity. This is a tool used by almost all narcissistic people.

*shrugs*

This.

*shrugs*
Gaslighter

It's alot of gaslighting as of late whenever the topic is about tearing away at the image of black men or men in general.

Back