Welcome To aBlackWeb

What if? A Long But Interesting Read

BountyHunterRo

I’ve come to collect
2022 ABW Sexiest Male Poster
Some of you may know I always been intrigued with sports and television so I stumbled upon this article from Dave Metzler about what could’ve happened with WCW and ECW 20+ years ago had certain TV deals taken place

Among the highlights:
---What grew to be known as the brand split was initially supposed to be WCW in the RAW timeslot and WWE in the Smackdown timeslot. That idea was frowned upon by Spike, who didn't want to pay Vince $28 million to air his program, while he supported another program on a rival network.

---Vince basically pleaded with USA to pick up ECW.

---The Bischoff deal with WCW was basically a done deal but one of the Time Warner executives said there was no way that Bischoff would get WCW. They removed all WCW programming and Bischoff had little time to find a home for the company to air on.

---Supposedly, the reason Rob Van Dam vs. Mike Awesome never happened was because Van Dam wasn't getting paid and chose to go home. Shortly after, Mike Awesome jumped ship.

---In the final months of ECW, Vince loaned Heyman $600,000.

---After Spike shot down Vince's original plan for WCW, Kevin Dunn convinced Vince not to do anything with the company because he had spent years creating WWE and shouldn't make the competition appear equal. Initially reluctant, Vince was sold on not doing anything separate with WCW after the Booker/Bagwell match.

Some of you may know I always been intrigued with sports and television so I stumbled upon this article from Dave Metzler about what could’ve happened with WCW and ECW 20+ years ago had certain TV deals taken place

Among the highlights:
---What grew to be known as the brand split was initially supposed to be WCW in the RAW timeslot and WWE in the Smackdown timeslot. That idea was frowned upon by Spike, who didn't want to pay Vince $28 million to air his program, while he supported another program on a rival network.

---Vince basically pleaded with USA to pick up ECW.

---The Bischoff deal with WCW was basically a done deal but one of the Time Warner executives said there was no way that Bischoff would get WCW. They removed all WCW programming and Bischoff had little time to find a home for the company to air on.

---Supposedly, the reason Rob Van Dam vs. Mike Awesome never happened was because Van Dam wasn't getting paid and chose to go home. Shortly after, Mike Awesome jumped ship.

---In the final months of ECW, Vince loaned Heyman $600,000.

---After Spike shot down Vince's original plan for WCW, Kevin Dunn convinced Vince not to do anything with the company because he had spent years creating WWE and shouldn't make the competition appear equal. Initially reluctant, Vince was sold on not doing anything separate with WCW after the Booker/Bagwell match.
I'm fascinated by this kind of stuff as well
Really good read here.

yea that Booker T vs Buff Bagwell match was supposedly like a trial run of the new show but they canned that shit along w/ Buff after tht night

Back