Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION What Has Oprah Done For Black Americans?

my uncle almost pulled oprah at a skating rink back in the 80's

she coulda been my auntie

So your uncle was trying to holla at crackhead Oprah??!!
200.gif

Niggas often blame women for destroying the black family. But we men supposed to lead
i think she had a hand in it.
men are supposed to lead....and i am always for this...but then you have a woman helping create a negative image of black men...or men in general it help break up and stifle black marriage.

you cant lead someone who think they dont need you.

im not saying its all her fault but she definitely helped.

Oprah had a hand in breaking up the black family...not crack, not prison, not welfare...oprah, who main core audience is middle aged Karen and Becky, telling white bitches what books to read and what recipes to try every month did it.

Oprah had a hand in breaking up the black family...not crack, not prison, not welfare...oprah, who main core audience is middle aged Karen and Becky, telling white bitches what books to read and what recipes to try every month.
i dont want no smoke gabi....

but oprah was very anti male in her early career.
all that book club and you get a car was later oprah..

Oprah had a hand in breaking up the black family...not crack, not prison, not welfare...oprah, who main core audience is middle aged Karen and Becky, telling white bitches what books to read and what recipes to try every month did it.

Not part of this discourse about Oprah. Just a quick question.

Are/were middle aged white women really Oprah core audience or was that just Oprah on the set of the talk show core audience?

I always thought black women were her core audience its just that white women had more access to take time off work to travel to her show and sit in the audience.

i dont want no smoke gabi....

but oprah was very anti male in her early career.
all that book club and you get a car was later oprah..
Name a talk show in the 90s that didnt fit that bill tho? They all did it. Ricki lake, Jenny Jones, Springer, Sally Jesse....they all played up the male vs female dynamic for ratings cuz that's when the women moving up in the workforce being independent trend was happening.

Since we having this discussion, Maury did more damage to the family unit than anybody. Lol

You didn't know? She's just as bad as white supremacy and crack when it comes to breaking up the black family...

oprah kept her money because she did her part in shitting on guess who.....black men.
she helped break up the black family structure just as much as white supremacy.

this would assume that she been on code...

when has she ever been on code?

since she came out she has been an advocate of niggas aint shit and destruction of the family structure.
told all these women they dont need a man.
she did as much damage as the crack era if not more.
her message goes for generations

Not part of this discourse about Oprah. Just a quick question.

Are/were middle aged white women really Oprah core audience or was that just Oprah on the set of the talk show core audience?

I always thought black women were her core audience its just that white women had more access to take time off work to travel to her show and sit in the audience.
Tbh I really think white women were it. Cuz I remember being young and my mom was a dorm manager in the air force and I would go to her office after school and ALL the white girls would be sitting in the common room watching oprah. It was like a ritual. My mom and her (black) friends watched it occasionally, but everybody I ever saw going up for oprah was a white woman.

Take that with a grain of salt tho cuz that's just my personal experience. But I honestly havent noticed black women going hard for oprah til her talk show was bout to end and she transitioned to a mogul with OWN.

Name a talk show in the 90s that didnt fit that bill tho? They all did it. Ricki lake, Jenny Jones, Springer, Sally Jesse....they all played up the male vs female dynamic for ratings cuz that's when the women moving up in the workforce being independent trend was happening.

Since we having this discussion, Maury did more damage to the family unit than anybody. Lol
all those people and guess whos the only different one

Im old enough to remember her early episodes.

And yall tripping.

If she destroyed black families, then so did Donahue, Springer, SJR, Jenny Jones, Ricki Lake, and Montel.

It was the first iteration of garbage media.

By the 90's she had stepped it up. But the 80's was some toxic content.

Im old enough to remember her early episodes.

And yall tripping.

If she destroyed black families, then so did Donahue, Springer, SJR, Jenny Jones, Ricki Lake, and Montel.

It was the first iteration of garbage media.

By the 90's she had stepped it up. But the 80's was some toxic content.
tenor.gif

Tbh I really think white women were it. Cuz I remember being young and my mom was a dorm manager in the air force and I would go to her office after school and ALL the white girls would be sitting in the common room watching oprah. It was like a ritual. My mom and her (black) friends watched it occasionally, but everybody I ever saw going up for oprah was a white woman.

Take that with a grain of salt tho cuz that's just my personal experience. But I honestly havent noticed black women going hard for oprah til her talk show was bout to end and she transitioned to a mogul with OWN.

I can see that point of view.

so image influence dont mean nothing huh?

ok....i see what i gotta do now......
yall done fucked up......

tiyad ah yall shit

and its crazy that nigga want to bring up the "well white people did it too" line.

shit aint work in other threads and the shit wont work now..

fuck yall up......watch

so image influence dont mean nothing huh?

ok....i see what i gotta do now......
yall done fucked up......

tiyad ah yall shit
It does but we not seeing how you put that solely on oprah like she was the only talk show host with that type of content.

Back