Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION What Has Oprah Done For Black Americans?

they say when oprah & jay-z went through marcy projects they paid everybody's rent that was still living there for a total of 0 months......

opra-jay-z-master-class-608x452.jpg

they say when oprah & jay-z went through marcy projects they paid everybody's rent that was still living there for a total of 0 months......

opra-jay-z-master-class-608x452.jpg

But but but.......

that nigga b(r)ought brooklyn some Nets!!

It does but we not seeing how you put that solely on oprah like she was the only talk show host with that type of content.
i didnt put it solely on her i said she had her part in it.
i said she helped.

oprah bdid her part by helping to destroy the black family.
this is why she was allowed to stay so clean with her status and keep her wealth.
she played her part in the agenda.
make black women into workers.
promote the single women can make it without a man mentality.
promote black men aint shit.
shit on marriage

Im old enough to remember her early episodes.

And yall tripping.

If she destroyed black families, then so did Donahue, Springer, SJR, Jenny Jones, Ricki Lake, and Montel.

It was the first iteration of garbage media.

By the 90's she had stepped it up. But the 80's was some toxic content.

Honestly, Donahue didn't turn into trash until the 90's and that was to compete with the new cats on the scene: Montel, Jerry, Ricki, and Maury. For most of the 80's his show was fairly respectable. Oprah, however, was on her man-hate shit from the gate.

The real catalyst for trash talk shows was Geraldo's 1988 show with white supremacists that ended up in a fight where he got his nose broken. The ratings for Geraldo shot up behind it and it was talked about everywhere. Phil and Oprah had to get in on it and that's when the tide turned towards toxic confrontational shit on their shows.

SJR's show didn't go nationwide until the late 80's, Springer, Montel, and Maury didn't get their shows until '91, and Ricki Lake in '93. So, for the bulk of the 80's talk shows weren't bad like they ended up in the 90's.

She the only talk show host you talkin about as if she was doing something different.

the difference is she looks like us. We're more likely to ignore some shit said by YT as being racist, but if one of us says it that's all together different, and back then there was no way to fact check anything said and there was still a belief in journalistic integrity so anything she said would have been taken as truth.

nigga shit can be wiped off youtube.....

i swear....imma fuck yall both up.
i dont want a article ...im looking for a video so you bastids can hear it with your own ears.

fuck you up

You can look in other places aside from Youtube but aite.. I'll give you till Monday.. if you don't produce anything then...

You owe everybody in here an apology nigga

:sayit::hahaha:

You can look in other places aside from Youtube but aite.. I'll give you till Monday.. if you don't produce anything then...

You owe everybody in here an apology nigga

:sayit::hahaha:
aye nigga.......shat up youngin.

i want all the smoke......you aint gonna be trynna pull my card......

you done fuck up

I been giving Oprah the side eye ever since she said she opened that multimillion dollar school in Africa instead of the US cuz kids over here are materialistic and dont want to learn.

That's why the Queen of Daytime Talk did poor folks a favor when she candidly explained in a recent Newsweek interview why she decided to build the lavish $40 million Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls for impoverished teenagers in South Africa instead of in an American city. South Africa's students, she said, had a greater need and appreciation for education.

"I became so frustrated with visiting inner-city schools [in America] that I just stopped going. The sense that you need to learn just isn't there," she said. "If you ask the kids what they want or need, they will say an iPod or some sneakers. In South Africa, they don't ask for money or toys. They ask for uniforms so they can go to school."

Back