Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY What Era.....

Im 34

and I remember waking up dumb early in the morning on sat....eating a big ass bowl of cereal watching cartoons then im out the door by like 10 and you dont see me again till the streetlights...

just outside doing all kinda shit

one thing I noticed thats crazy

its nobody outside Christmas afternoon or the day after

when I was kid

EVERYBODY outside riding thier new bikes playing with the new football they got etc

now these lil niggas hopping on line and playing the new game they just got

wild

I was telling my son that he has no idea what it's like to wake up on a Saturday morning, eat some cereal, watch X-men and Spiderman, then run out the door with no phone, no money, no cell phone and MAYBE some house keys...and be out running the neighborhood with your friends all day.

Damn, I'ma go cry real quick. Be right back.
Yeah man I ain’t get a phone until I was 13 and kids stopped riding bikes and shit and playing outside unless it was ball when I was about 14

so everything prior was being outside with nothing but the $2 you used to get a honey bun, a quarter water, a pack of skittles and a bag of chips

be outside for 13 hrs in the summer lol

I feel like my shit was just right. For those of y'all around my age, the era really MOLDED you. I'm an 80s baby. Born in the Reagan Era. Raised in the crack era. No social media. No camera phones everywhere. Life was so much more simple and so much harder.

You could enjoy your childhood and young adulthood and make mistakes and not have them documented for the rest of your life...but you also might get your head blown off for that Starter jacket or them Jordans.
FACTS

Yeah man I ain’t get a phone until I was 13 and kids stopped riding bikes and shit and playing outside unless it was ball when I was about 14

so everything prior was being outside with nothing but the $2 you used to get a honey bun, a quarter water, a pack of skittles and a bag of chips

or even at family gatherings when all the mama's, ya grandama and the aunties kicked all the kids out and locked that screen door lmao

'Im thirsty"

"You better go round the back...its a hosepipe back there"

LMAO

I’m 33

I’m good with the era I grew up in. Shit was dope, hard and convenient

I got my first phone at 18 in February 2003. Parents got it for me because I got like a 3.5 gpa that semester. Got a Nextel i60. Y’all remember when Nextel has the walkie talkie with the phone lol

31A96074-9210-4D59-87BB-475164199A89.jpeg

I had the luxury of being a teenager when MySpace and Facebook came out so I didn’t catch it as 23+ year old looking dumb with falling graphic words on my page lol

Idk. I’ve always had an affinity for the 80s for some reason. From the music to the greed and excess.

Don't even get a nigga started on summer. Lol. Niggas was outside in the hot Atlanta summer sun, slap boxing and playing ball and shit all gotdamn day.

Back