Welcome To aBlackWeb

What does "we need some space" look like/mean to you?

Here's the thing, if u give the person the break they are asking for without drama they usually get insecure why u didn't put up a fight and cancel the 'break' prematurely

Or if they hit u outta nowhere talking about "I thought about it let's work it out" after not much convo or working on things, I place that on the equivalent of getting "I love u" text randomly at 2 am uncalled for.

She got swash buckled by someone else

Now idk if I ever got cheated on but I do know I didn't stick around long enough to find out!

But when you think about it, someone telling you they need space is initially a break from you. If they need a short period of time (hours) to get their thoughts together then cool but most people don’t ask for that after a small petty argument. They just take it. I think when it’s mentioned (especially during a rough patch in the relationship) that they need space to think over some things and it’s not just a “I need a moment to think” after an argument, they are legit asking for a break from you. Or it looks like a break.

yes they space and break mean different things but they also can definitely be used interchangeably.
agree with all of this

but these niggas was talking about like going weeks without talking assuming that the other person wants to step outside the relationship and that's not what i was talking about when i proposed the scenario

But when you think about it, someone telling you they need space is initially a break from you. If they need a short period of time (hours) to get their thoughts together then cool but most people don’t ask for that after a small petty argument. They just take it. I think when it’s mentioned (especially during a rough patch in the relationship) that they need space to think over some things and it’s not just a “I need a moment to think” after an argument, they are legit asking for a break from you. Or it looks like a break.

yes they space and break mean different things but they also can definitely be used interchangeably.

...by people who don't know how to communicate. Space means space. Break means break.

agree with all of this

but these niggas was talking about like going weeks without talking assuming that the other person wants to step outside the relationship and that's not what i was talking about when i proposed the scenario
Yea they were wilding.

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT STOPPING THE RELATIONSHIP ?!?!?! lol

i asked a question...then ya'll answered with all of these similar povs assuming that's what I meant i guess...i honestly dont know

i never used the work break, but as each post got made, my question got morphed into breaking up for some unspecified period of time lol

To be fair, Your question was a bit misleading.

That means we broke up. Plain & simple.

Ain't no..."I think we need space...but you can't go fucc wit other people b/c i want you to wait until i decide the fate of our relationship so in the meantime i want you to sit and wait for me to determine that"...BULL-SHYT!

Foh wit that Chili & Usher logic

To be fair, Your question was a bit misleading.
No it wasn't. I asked what does it mean when you or someone you're with says they need space. What does that look like to you.

Most of the responses said break up. I think space \= break up but it appears those people think those words are interchangeable and to me they are not

In a boyfriend/girlfriend thing, this more than likely means they need to peace out.

In a marriage, it just means leave me alone for 3-6 hours.

In a boyfriend/girlfriend thing, this more than likely means they need to peace out.

In a marriage, it just means leave me alone for 3-6 hours.

which isnt even worth mentioning

"aight bruh im goin upstairs"

I've only been on one break in a bf/gf thing.......was going thru it with ole girl in TX and came home for a couple weeks

kicked it with the homies, smashed sumn in my lil brothers twin bed, realized why I left in the first place and went back

I've never had a "space" conversation outside of telling a coworker to stay out my desk lmao

if a mf crunching too loud.

i need some time.

if i dont like the rhythm of your breathing...

i need some time.

if you happy and i want to push you off the balcony

i need some time.

if you walking down the steps in front of me and all i can think about is kicking down them steps..

i need some time.

time may just may be a day or two away from everything.

but its the everything part thats important.

if a mf crunching too loud.

i need some time.

if i dont like the rhythm of your breathing...

i need some time.

if you happy and i want to push you off the balcony

i need some time.

if you walking down the steps in front of me and all i can think about is kicking down them steps..

i need some time.

time may just may be a day or two away from everything.

but its the everything part thats important.

ay man i just recently read about sudden repulsion syndrome and bout died laughing at the concept but the shit is so true

everything is all good and then one day the way this mf chews just sets you off...shit is completely unacceptable lmao

ay man i just recently read about sudden repulsion syndrome and bout died laughing at the concept but the shit is so true

everything is all good and then one day the way this mf chews just sets you off...shit is completely unacceptable lmao
real shit.

one day laying in bed and i just couldnt stand the way she was crunching on chips.
shit irritated me to no end. but after a 2hour walk i was good.

Me and the wife are both introverts by nature. I work from home and recently got a bigger place so I can have my own office. Wife started working nights so now I barely see her. We get the weekends together and honestly that still don't be enough space sometimes. When I'm on lunch we together, when she goes to work and I'm off, we texting til I'm sleep. For me, we get just enough time together for me to be cool but I think she be needing a bit more personal time with me. Don't get me wrong, she my best friend so I don't have anyone else I would rather be around but I'm on the extreme end of I could be the last man on earth and be at peace.

I gotta make my "space" when I can cause otherwise its either work or her eating it up.

I'm dying laughing over here. Cuz if that's a real thing...I've definitely had it. Lol.

Back