Welcome To aBlackWeb

What do you know about the Keto Diet

Preciate it yall.

I'll prolly get back on a modified version of it after the vacation.. but that will be more about maintaining weight rather than trying to lose weight so I can have some more flexibility in what I can eat

Preciate it yall.

I'll prolly get back on a modified version of it after the vacation.. but that will be more about maintaining weight rather than trying to lose weight so I can have some more flexibility in what I can eat
I've been experimenting as of late. On week 4 of the carnivore diet currently. Not for health reasons, just see what it does with my body and so far im loving it. Might do it more long term once I take progress pics. Maintaining shouldn't be a problem though. If you go back to eating carbs more regularly just make sure you do it with whole foods. Don't eat a lot of processed bullshit filled with empty carbs. Eat carbs with some actual nutritional value attached with it and try to keep the portions reasonable and get some sort of exercise in daily.

I'm about to start this.

I need a beginners shopping list.

I'm trying to go to the store tomorrow if the city isn't completely under water.

I need breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack options.

Thanks

Edit: I'm saying tomorrow but I mean today

I'm about to start this.

I need a beginners shopping list.

I'm trying to go to the store tomorrow if the city isn't completely under water.

I need breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack options.

Thanks

Edit: I'm saying tomorrow but I mean today

did you look through the last page or two? Theres some good info that answers your question fam lol

Been officially a week since I started

Maybe the strips I got are trash but I can't seem to move past moderate levels and I know for a fact my carbs have been less than 20 a day if not fewer

I decided to just keep it simple and not do any elaborate type of meals. Just meats and greens. Drinking plenty of water as well. Am i doing something wrong?

Been officially a week since I started

Maybe the strips I got are trash but I can't seem to move past moderate levels and I know for a fact my carbs have been less than 20 a day if not fewer

I decided to just keep it simple and not do any elaborate type of meals. Just meats and greens. Drinking plenty of water as well. Am i doing something wrong?

iono much about strips... have yo noticed any weight loss? You at around 20 net carbs a day?

iono much about strips... have yo noticed any weight loss? You at around 20 net carbs a day?
Well, I stepped on a scale one day last week and it said I was 9lbs fewer.

Stepped on it again and it was only 5lb fewer instead of the 9

I mean, I don't look any lighter, yet. I feel somewhat lighter but I do find myself eating more than when I was eating carbs. Is that normal

You didn't use any keto strips to see if you were in ketosis?

Well, I stepped on a scale one day last week and it said I was 9lbs fewer.

Stepped on it again and it was only 5lb fewer instead of the 9

I mean, I don't look any lighter, yet. I feel somewhat lighter but I do find myself eating more than when I was eating carbs. Is that normal

You didn't use any keto strips to see if you were in ketosis?

lol nah I didnt use any strips I just kept up with it and monitored my progress via the scale.

You typically lose alot of water weight when first starting out from what i've read.

I didnt find myself eating more personally. I was eating foods with alotta fiber in it and those are typically pretty filling without eating alot. At least for me anyway

lol nah I didnt use any strips I just kept up with it and monitored my progress via the scale.

You typically lose alot of water weight when first starting out from what i've read.

I didnt find myself eating more personally. I was eating foods with alotta fiber in it and those are typically pretty filling without eating alot. At least for me anyway
make no mistake, im eating the approved foods and im making sure to eat the more fibrous items as well, but i still be wanting to just snack i guess lol

I'ma see how I am by the end of the week though. You could be right about the water weight stuff

the good news is, whether its 5 or 9 lbs, im not at the weight I started last monday so that's encouraging.

make no mistake, im eating the approved foods and im making sure to eat the more fibrous items as well, but i still be wanting to just snack i guess lol

I'ma see how I am by the end of the week though. You could be right about the water weight stuff

the good news is, whether its 5 or 9 lbs, im not at the weight I started last monday so that's encouraging.

the snack shit was the hardest for me. I ended up alternating between almonds, pumpkin seeds, roasted seaweed, olives and some of the atkins bars that are low in carbs to hold me over. There's some decent keto snacks you can find on amazon as well

the snack shit was the hardest for me. I ended up alternating between almonds, pumpkin seeds, roasted seaweed, olives and some of the atkins bars that are low in carbs to hold me over. There's some decent keto snacks you can find on amazon as well
It's been pork rinds, sugar free beef jerky, walnuts, pecans, cheese and pepperoni slices, etc...

Bum ass doctor said everything looked normal based on the bloodwork but he didnt really go into specific details
hmmmm

i might be an outlier then

all of the research i read that supports keto suggests that the bad cholesterol that comes with is isnt really concerning, however, im a diabetic so i think i should approach this differently.

I JUST had bloodwork done a month ago and both my cholesterols were in range and very good, but i've been on keto officially 14 days yesterday and my bad cholesterol shot up through the roof based on the health screening i got done today.

I'm down 9lbs though

hmmmm

i might be an outlier then

all of the research i read that supports keto suggests that the bad cholesterol that comes with is isnt really concerning, however, im a diabetic so i think i should approach this differently.

I JUST had bloodwork done a month ago and both my cholesterols were in range and very good, but i've been on keto officially 14 days yesterday and my bad cholesterol shot up through the roof based on the health screening i got done today.

I'm down 9lbs though

Have you been eating more dairy and maybe that's the cause in the spike?

I seen some sites with folks going overboard on the fatty foods and stuff with keto. @Blackish even mentioned people eating sticks of butter or some shit.. lol scust

You been having any noticeable side effects since you started?

I seen some sites with folks going overboard on the fatty foods and stuff with keto. @Blackish even mentioned people eating sticks of butter or some shit.. lol scust

i eat the cheese slices when im hungry for a snack. That's about the only dairy I eat. OH, and shredded cheese on my eggs, but that's about it.

I already dont drink cow's milk but i havent had a drop of almond milk in two weeks even though its not dairy and only like a carb per serving or some shit.

I use the leftover bacon grease to cook my eggs some times as well. But mainly avocado oil.

Dirty keto is not for me. All that butter, cheese, bacon, sodium...nah. Cholesterol and blood pressure be at risk. Anyway, my magnesium was low and I had headaches. Keto ain't a temporary thing for me nor could it ever be a lifestyle. Still, I may retry clean keto in the future.

Back