Welcome To aBlackWeb

What do you know about the Keto Diet

Oh I've had it before.. just didnt really make a regular thing of it. Its like eating a lightly salted really thin sheet of paper lol best way I can describe it

@Word....Life @IP360 @Lou Cypher when yall get some time can yall drop some resources for recipes and tips on the best way to try this shit out for a month? Thanks in advance!

@Blackish
If you're familiar with reddit, the subreddits "keto" and "ketorecipes" are really helpful. Also tons of Keto Groups on Facebook. Some are huge countrywide groups, some are more local to your area. Tons of Keto recipe pages too. You could go hard into it and make some pretty extravagant meals or the easiest way is to just keep it simple: Protein, Green Leafy Vegetables, Fat.

Avoid sugar and ANYTHING you can find in the bottom of the original food pyramid that we all grew up with. Some people count Total carbs, but i myself count Net Carbs (Total Carbs - Fiber and Sugar Alcohols).

Fat sources that should be used most should come from oils or nuts. Fatty meat is great and so is cheese, but overtime an abundance of fatty meat and cheese constantly will have a negative effect on your cholesterol. You dont have to put too much focus in it, but switch up your protein from time to time from High fat content to lean fat content.

Fats/Oils that are good to use: Butter, Ghee, Tallow, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil.

Those are just the basics, but key thing is to keep your net carbs around 25net carbs a day. After a few days, your body will go into ketosis. Replenish your electrolytes daily. This will help you avoid "keto flu". You need to make sure every day you are getting Sodium, Potassium and Magnesium. Sodium is easy, just salt your food to your liking. Potassium can be found in basically any green vegetable and avocados. Depending on what you ate, it may not be enough as an adult male needs somewhere between 1000-4000mg of Potassium a day. What i like to do is buy "Lite Salt" or "NoSalt". Can be found in all grocery stores. Lite salt is half sodium, half potassium. NoSalt is an all potassium salt substitute. Ill just pour a few servings into a big jug of water, flavor it with some True Lime/Lemon and drink it.

Magnesium is different. Its found in some foods, but in very tiny amounts. You need 500mg of magnesium for the daily recommended value. A large majority of the world is deficient in magnesium because of this. It will have to be supplemented. You can get away with never taking it, but if you do decide to take it, make sure its Magnesium CITRATE as its the most bio available form of Magnesium. They sell capsules, but I like the Calm Magnesium:

45.jpg

Take a scoop in some water before bed. It is a great sleep aid until your body adapts to it.

A lot of artificial sugars will still spike your blood glucose levels. Kicking you out of ketosis despite it being "sugar free". Avoid Aspartame, Dextrose, Maltodextrin, Sucrose.

Sugar Alcohols/ at have little to no effect on Blood Glucose: Erythritol, Stevia, Allulose

Sorry its not much info for recipes and what not, but just a basic search of keto on Reddit, FB, Instagram, and google can find you all sorts of recipes. Or just keep it plain and simple. Fat Protein Green Veggies. If you're not 100% positive if a food is high in carbs, google it.

If you're familiar with reddit, the subreddits "keto" and "ketorecipes" are really helpful. Also tons of Keto Groups on Facebook. Some are huge countrywide groups, some are more local to your area. Tons of Keto recipe pages too. You could go hard into it and make some pretty extravagant meals or the easiest way is to just keep it simple: Protein, Green Leafy Vegetables, Fat.

Avoid sugar and ANYTHING you can find in the bottom of the original food pyramid that we all grew up with. Some people count Total carbs, but i myself count Net Carbs (Total Carbs - Fiber and Sugar Alcohols).

Fat sources that should be used most should come from oils or nuts. Fatty meat is great and so is cheese, but overtime an abundance of fatty meat and cheese constantly will have a negative effect on your cholesterol. You dont have to put too much focus in it, but switch up your protein from time to time from High fat content to lean fat content.

Fats/Oils that are good to use: Butter, Ghee, Tallow, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil.

Those are just the basics, but key thing is to keep your net carbs around 25net carbs a day. After a few days, your body will go into ketosis. Replenish your electrolytes daily. This will help you avoid "keto flu". You need to make sure every day you are getting Sodium, Potassium and Magnesium. Sodium is easy, just salt your food to your liking. Potassium can be found in basically any green vegetable and avocados. Depending on what you ate, it may not be enough as an adult male needs somewhere between 1000-4000mg of Potassium a day. What i like to do is buy "Lite Salt" or "NoSalt". Can be found in all grocery stores. Lite salt is half sodium, half potassium. NoSalt is an all potassium salt substitute. Ill just pour a few servings into a big jug of water, flavor it with some True Lime/Lemon and drink it.

Magnesium is different. Its found in some foods, but in very tiny amounts. You need 500mg of magnesium for the daily recommended value. A large majority of the world is deficient in magnesium because of this. It will have to be supplemented. You can get away with never taking it, but if you do decide to take it, make sure its Magnesium CITRATE as its the most bio available form of Magnesium. They sell capsules, but I like the Calm Magnesium:

45.jpg

Take a scoop in some water before bed. It is a great sleep aid until your body adapts to it.

A lot of artificial sugars will still spike your blood glucose levels. Kicking you out of ketosis despite it being "sugar free". Avoid Aspartame, Dextrose, Maltodextrin, Sucrose.

Sugar Alcohols/ at have little to no effect on Blood Glucose: Erythritol, Stevia, Allulose

Sorry its not much info for recipes and what not, but just a basic search of keto on Reddit, FB, Instagram, and google can find you all sorts of recipes. Or just keep it plain and simple. Fat Protein Green Veggies. If you're not 100% positive if a food is high in carbs, google it.

Good looking out bruh. I've been on it since Friday and so far so good.

Gonna try this garlic chicken with broccoli and spinach recipe this evening. So far the biggest thing to get used to is snacks lol. I can deal with the meals but finding something to snack on has proven... difficult lol.

I copped some almonds and that's been holding me over alright so far. I ordered some roasted seaweed, some olives and beef biltong to try to switch it up a bit tho lol.

Gonna look into the Potassium and Magnesium stuff as well. Sodium wont be an issue. So far no side effects but its still early days .

I think i've been under 30 carbs daily since Friday

Good looking out bruh. I've been on it since Friday and so far so good.

Gonna try this garlic chicken with broccoli and spinach recipe this evening. So far the biggest thing to get used to is snacks lol. I can deal with the meals but finding something to snack on has proven... difficult lol.

I copped some almonds and that's been holding me over alright so far. I ordered some roasted seaweed, some olives and beef biltong to try to switch it up a bit tho lol.

Gonna look into the Potassium and Magnesium stuff as well. Sodium wont be an issue. So far no side effects but its still early days .

I think i've been under 30 carbs daily since Friday
Good shit. If you decide to do keto more long term, after 3 months your body will become fat adapted. This will give you more leeway(sp?) on your carbs as your body has converted to using fat as its primary source of energy instead of carbs. You'll notice that when you do eat carbs your body will have a reaction to it. Nothing too crazy, just some bloating and maybe an upset stomach. Gas is a big one too. Anyway, once fat adapted some people can get up to 40ish grams of carbs and still be in ketosis. Its all about consistency though. Are you doing the diet for weight loss or health reasons?

Snacks can definitely be tricky. I myself try to keep it to a whole foods approach but its not always easy. I will still indulge in a keto friendly protein bar from time to time or maybe some store bought jerky.

I dunno what all you avoid food wise, but some snack ideas are:

Pork Rinds w/ or Without a Keto Friendly dip
Almonds, Peanuts, Or Macadamia Nuts (these are great nutrition wise, but they are very easy to Over eat. They are very Calorie heavy foods and calories are still important to watch for if you're trying to lose weight, even on Keto.)
Pumpkin Seeds (Another one to just watch the calories.)
Home Made Beef Jerky or Tillamook Zero sugar Jerky
Hummus with Peppers, Celery, Broccoli for dipping
Paninos (Can be bought in stores, Usually mozzarella cheese wrapped with an italian meat like Prosciutto, Salami, or Pepperoni)
Ham and Cream Cheese rollups with some Chives
Veggies with Ranch
Kalamata Olives with Chunks of Feta Cheese drizzled with olive oil. Just eat that shit with a spoon. Probably sounds gross but its AMAZING if you like those things.
Tuna or Chicken Salad with something to dip. At the stores there are now these Cheese Crisps that are just baked cheese that get hard much like a cracker. Great for dips if you dont want to use pork rinds or veggies. Most brands are only 1g Carb per serving.

Good shit. If you decide to do keto more long term, after 3 months your body will become fat adapted. This will give you more leeway(sp?) on your carbs as your body has converted to using fat as its primary source of energy instead of carbs. You'll notice that when you do eat carbs your body will have a reaction to it. Nothing too crazy, just some bloating and maybe an upset stomach. Gas is a big one too. Anyway, once fat adapted some people can get up to 40ish grams of carbs and still be in ketosis. Its all about consistency though. Are you doing the diet for weight loss or health reasons?

Snacks can definitely be tricky. I myself try to keep it to a whole foods approach but its not always easy. I will still indulge in a keto friendly protein bar from time to time or maybe some store bought jerky.

I dunno what all you avoid food wise, but some snack ideas are:

Pork Rinds w/ or Without a Keto Friendly dip
Almonds, Peanuts, Or Macadamia Nuts (these are great nutrition wise, but they are very easy to Over eat. They are very Calorie heavy foods and calories are still important to watch for if you're trying to lose weight, even on Keto.)
Pumpkin Seeds (Another one to just watch the calories.)
Home Made Beef Jerky or Tillamook Zero sugar Jerky
Hummus with Peppers, Celery, Broccoli for dipping
Paninos (Can be bought in stores, Usually mozzarella cheese wrapped with an italian meat like Prosciutto, Salami, or Pepperoni)
Ham and Cream Cheese rollups with some Chives
Veggies with Ranch
Kalamata Olives with Chunks of Feta Cheese drizzled with olive oil. Just eat that shit with a spoon. Probably sounds gross but its AMAZING if you like those things.
Tuna or Chicken Salad with something to dip. At the stores there are now these Cheese Crisps that are just baked cheese that get hard much like a cracker. Great for dips if you dont want to use pork rinds or veggies. Most brands are only 1g Carb per serving.

Mainly trying this for weight loss but i'm trying to fix my diet as well.

Only thing on that list that I dont really fuck with are the pork products.

You aint lying about the almonds or pumpkin seeds. I gotta remind myself to chill lol

Been on this for a week now.

Doing pretty good I think. I have no way to test if i'm in ketosis but even if i'm not i'm fine with just the low carb shit.

I've already lost some weight apparently.. I was reading online that they say week one from the lack of carbs you typically lose a decent amount of water weight.

We'll see what week 2 brings

Keto is weird. My program suggested eating butter as a snack and sometimes dropping a lil butter in your coffee. Boy I ain't eating no tsps of sliced butter as a snack.

I drink bulletproof coffee every morning which has MTC oil and butter in it...I thought it was weird too when I started but it’s not nasty lol...can’t even really taste it....but you can see it tho Lmaooooo

Been on this for a week now.

Doing pretty good I think. I have no way to test if i'm in ketosis but even if i'm not i'm fine with just the low carb shit.

I've already lost some weight apparently.. I was reading online that they say week one from the lack of carbs you typically lose a decent amount of water weight.

We'll see what week 2 brings

How’s it working out for you bro?? You still managing??

Biggest thing for me was not having to be on some dumb ass diet where I can’t eat real food...I’m able to eat what I want just cutting out carbs and sugar?? I’m good lol...carbs are actually harder to leave alone than sugar for me cuz I love pasta and bread....but I just ordered some different keto breads (4 diff kinds including a cinnamon raisin joint) off Amazon and I’m anxious to see how they taste...mad expensive tho...$40 for 4 loaves....anytime I go stupid and need to reel myself back in, goin’ full keto helps drop weight quick...I’ve dropped about 15lbs in a little less than 2 weeks and I would have dropped a lot more if I was going to tha gym like I used to...I planned on starting back until these numbers started spiking again...looks like I’ll be back to my resistance band workouts...

How’s it working out for you bro?? You still managing??

Biggest thing for me was not having to be on some dumb ass diet where I can’t eat real food...I’m able to eat what I want just cutting out carbs and sugar?? I’m good lol...carbs are actually harder to leave alone than sugar for me cuz I love pasta and bread....but I just ordered some different keto breads (4 diff kinds including a cinnamon raisin joint) off Amazon and I’m anxious to see how they taste...mad expensive tho...$40 for 4 loaves....anytime I go stupid and need to reel myself back in, goin’ full keto helps drop weight quick...I’ve dropped about 15lbs in a little less than 2 weeks and I would have dropped a lot more if I was going to tha gym like I used to...I planned on starting back until these numbers started spiking again...looks like I’ll be back to my resistance band workouts...

It's going aite so far. Yesterday makes week 2. I've lost about 10lbs since I started this. I'm guessing mostly water weight tho.

I do miss pasta and rice tho. I really wanted some sushi the other day but ima hold off for maybe another 2 weeks.

At the start of week 2 I did have a dull headache for like 2 days but that's the only side effect i've noticed.

Down about 30lbs since I started this.. prolly woulda been down even more if I exercised more regularly.

Still tryna find some ways to make bread that doesnt taste like cardboard tho

@Word....Life @Lou Cypher @IP360 any thing to worry about coming OFF of Keto?

I been on it since November and i'm around near the weight I was aiming for plus im going on vacation soon and tryna indulge for a couple days lol

Honestly...not really. At least not wit me. I've been off and on...now back on somewhat.

I mean when I came off I didn't feel any different. I did have a moment where I got carried away. Gain some of my weight back. So now doin keto, plus watchin the amount of food I eat. Started doin a protein shake on 1st break...eat a meal during lunch...then another shake after I get off. Been losing some pounds doing that way.

Honestly...not really. At least not wit me. I've been off and on...now back on somewhat.

I mean when I came off I didn't feel any different. I did have a moment where I got carried away. Gain some of my weight back. So now doin keto, plus watchin the amount of food I eat. Started doin a protein shake on 1st break...eat a meal during lunch...then another shake after I get off. Been losing some pounds doing that way.

good lookin out.. lol just tryna make sure there arent any adverse reactions as soon as I go for a slice of pizza for the first time in months or somethin 😂

@Word....Life @Lou Cypher @IP360 any thing to worry about coming OFF of Keto?

I been on it since November and i'm around near the weight I was aiming for plus im going on vacation soon and tryna indulge for a couple days lol
Only real thing to worry about is when you get back on carbs youre going to retain a lot of water. You'll feel bloated and gassy, but really not much else.

Back