Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are you watching? The Official TV Show Thread

market.jpg

Binged The Last OG s3. Not as good as s2 imo. But its still funny. Lotta solid guest cameos (JB Smoove n Katt Williams are funny af). ppl mentioned in the other thread that they weren't feeling all the new cast members. But Trey does move into a new building and his new neighbors become his friends, so i think it works. This show always covers serious topics, but this season feels extra corny. It tries to be a dramedy, but feels more like a parody of a dramedy. I still rock w it tho. Looking to s4

market.jpg

Binged The Last OG s3. Not as good as s2 imo. But its still funny. Lotta solid guest cameos (JB Smoove n Katt Williams are funny af). ppl mentioned in the other thread that they weren't feeling all the new cast members. But Trey does move into a new building and his new neighbors become his friends, so i think it works. This show always covers serious topics, but this season feels extra corny. It tries to be a dramedy, but feels more like a parody of a dramedy. I still rock w it tho. Looking to s4
It's missing the halfway house guys who were funny and cousin Bobby who was hilarious. Show about him trying to be a great dad and they went and took his family away

curb-your-enthusiasm-hbo-season-9-ratings-cancel-renew-season-10.png

Finished Curb s10. Episode 1 was hilarious. Rest of the season was solid. lol at larry smashin cheryl's sister, borrowing the hanicap sign n larry asking the inter racial couple if they prefer a light or dark skin baby LMAO. Not as goat as previous seasons but still funny.

curb-your-enthusiasm-hbo-season-9-ratings-cancel-renew-season-10.png

Finished Curb s10. Episode 1 was hilarious. Rest of the season was solid. lol at larry smashin cheryl's sister, borrowing the hanicap sign n larry asking the inter racial couple if they prefer a light or dark skin baby LMAO. Not as goat as previous seasons but still funny.

The john hamm episode was hilarious. This season was dope to me. I can't think of a bad episode.

Insecure-Season-4-Release-Date.jpg

Finished Insecure s4. Damn, another really good season. Might be the best. Everything leading up to the block party kinda felt like Issa's version of Captain America's civil war. Like they were jus leading up to a huge fight, but the beef seemed kinda forced. Cuz imo everything coulda been squashed w a honest convo, but they needed a conflict to push the story. Based on issa n molly's friendship thus far the beef didnt feel natural. But every thing post block party was A+. Vaca/mexico episode was dope. Dinner convo with issa n lawrence was real af. The random ride with the old dude was classic. Gata from Dave, Ben from Ozark, now Nathaniel from insecure. Everyone on tv got bi polar in 2020. j/k. lol at tsa homie and the ghetto broad neighbor rude ass son. Im feelin all the blk 90s sitcom actor cameos. Broad who plays molly acted her ass off this season. She stole every scene frfr. I thought they might go super dark n find light skin dead at the end. Rae caruth popped into my mind when broad said she was keepin it smh. Needed more DJ Yella tho, thats my nigga lol

9/10 imo

Last edited:
dead-to-me-poster-750x396-750x396.jpg

Binged s1 and s2 of Dead to Me. lol this show is wild. Its basically a soap opera. But its dark n funny af. 90% of the plot is not plausible, but its a fun ride. Both lead actresses killed their roles. Netflix better renew this lol

@Blackish

You watching this? Reminds me of good girls

I need a good crime detective drama/murder mystery/who done it

Something along the lines Bosch

Anything y'all recommend

Anything y'all recommend

I never finished Bosch season 1. (I'm good thx)

But in terms of mystery/crime detective/thriller/suspense/whodunit...

The killing
Rubicon
Absentia
Condor
The fall
The night of
Broadchurch
Luther

Are some great ones off the top of my head.

Anything y'all recommend

You have prolly watched most of these already, but maybe not...

True Detective season 3
City on A Hill (has that real 1990s law and order feel imo)
Hap and Leonard
Rectify (in my top 5 alltime tv series)
Mindhunter

I never finished Bosch season 1. (I'm good thx)

But in terms of mystery/crime detective/thriller/suspense/whodunit...

The killing
Rubicon
Absentia
Condor
The fall
The night of
Broadchurch
Luther

Are some great ones off the top of my head.
Damn you didn't like Bosch?

I've seen a couple of the these:

Broadchurch
The killing
Luther
The night of
Absentia s1

I'll check out the others. Preciate it

F_is_for_Family.jpg

Binged S4. iight imo. Couple chuckles here n there, but not lol like previous seasons. The stuff w Frank n his pops was more sad than funny. Rosie episode was cool tho. Decent watch.

JapanSinks_Cover_RGB300_3000px-scaled.jpg

Nice change of pace from the typical anime being that it's based on an event that is actually possible. Although it's kinda heavy handed with some of the trials and tribulations they face as a group.

There's a really cringe part where they do a freestyle cipher that no one could have possibly asked for.

the-goldbergs-2013.jpg

Jus finished The Goldbergs S7. Funnier than last season. Watchable network family comedy. Seven seasons in, im shocked these niggas haven't run out of 80s nostalgia. I rock w it.

TheGoodCop_poster-750x422.jpg

jus ran thru this while working out on the elliptical machine. Show coulda been funny if they kinda went the Brooklyn 99 route (kind of a parody of itself). But this show tries to be serious, but its jus bad. Super corny. Couple chuckles here n there. background noise kinda watch. Netflix cxl'ed it after 1 season and of course it ends w a cliffhanger smh

Last edited:
big-mouth-sezon-4-season-4-cover-okladka.jpg

Binged Big Mouth S3. 1st episode was funny af. Florida ep was funny. Rest of it was meh. Jokes didn't really land this season

hanna.jpg

Jus finished Hanna season 1. Solid watch. Pacing alil off at times n couple plot holes. But i dig it. Looking 4ward to season 2.

Finished Hanna season 2. This season was way better than s1. They fixed the pacing issues and really upped the cinematography. This season is shot beautifully. Story and plot wise it feels like the show is hitting its groove. 8 episodes is perfect, no filler or bs red herring storylines. Str8 to the point, yet doesn't feel rushed. I love that they dont over use the violence and action. So when its done it feels earned and not gratuitous. All these broads are badass. The broads are basically super solider/evil 007's lol. The black girl fuckin killed her role. She stole every scene. I hope she gets more work. Geeked af for season 3, Amazon bet not fuck around and cancel this

Last edited:
Back