Welcome To aBlackWeb

What Are You Cooking for Dinner Tonight??

Salted codfish. The first pic is from last night you put it in some water and let it soak for a bit. Had that, with some potatoes, seasoning and parsley and made the fishcakes from that. Put that on a hot cross bun and you good to go

:ohyea:
What all you mix in with the fish?

What all you mix in with the fish?

wachu mean? Aside from mashing the codfish and potatoes, you add whatever seasoning you like, parsley, maybe a lil panko to the mix. Egg to hold it all together and then form the fishcakes from that.

Some folks add curry seasoning to the mixture but i've never done that before

wachu mean? Aside from mashing the codfish and potatoes, you add whatever seasoning you like, parsley, maybe a lil panko to the mix. Egg to hold it all together and then form the fishcakes from that.

Some folks add curry seasoning to the mixture but i've never done that before
You explained it. I use Italian breadcrumbs with my salmon. But yea it's the same thing I make

Also, I have never seen one before. I only know of them from a nursery rhyme as a child. I just googled to see what they looked like after asking you that question lol.

Are hot cross buns usually paired with this?

Oh mos def. Especially on Good Friday. Tradition out here I just forgot to take the final pic. These are some store bought joints I got just cuz I been busy didnt have time to try to make some myself. I tried it one year and posted them in here I think but I aint get them all the way right lol.

PXL_20240329_222158287.MP (1).jpg

Random pic from google
wp-1617418805891.jpg

Some folks use raisins in the hot cross buns some people dont. Either way is good to me

Back