Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY What Are Some Ways We Can Continue The Marathon?

NeighborhoodNomad

the marathon continues........
In what ways can we continue the work that Nipsey Hussle was doing in our community?

In what ways can we pick up the baton that was snatched out of the hand of our Brother and continue the marathon? On an individual level or collectively?

In what ways can ABW pick up the baton and continue in the marathon?

Cube said " Life ain't a track meet, it's a marathon. Fuck a cemetery that a nigga get buried on."

And Nip gave a great example of how to run that marathon.

Our brother's at rest but the marathon continues.

We don't have to be rich or famous to make an impact or positive change but we do have to show up.

In what ways can we continue the marathon in our lives and in our community?

become more of a community and less divisive.
showing pride in who we are
caring about our own
be more constructive and less destructive
protecting our women and children first, respecting our elders journey
put morals over money.
stop hating on those who rise in certain parts of life
help bring others up behind us.
stop being so sensitive
dont be afraid to dream outside of the box
stop being dream killers of those that think differently
dont settle
^^^^^
all things to be in the race

controlling our own destinies
controlling our own economy's
understanding your position in our community
know when to ask for help
knowing when you need to help
promote and respect the ideas of all.
promote execution over talk
^^^^^
things to win the race

Last edited:
its crazy my friend created a clothing line hasnt receive the proper support from the black community where im from . He was telling how most of them would say it looks nice but to expensive lol. hes selling t shirts for 20 and hoodies for 30$ .But they rather support clothing lines like gucci, louie v etc. we need to support our own .

its crazy my friend created a clothing line hasnt receive the proper support from the black community where im from . He was telling how most of them would say it looks nice but to expensive lol. hes selling t shirts for 20 and hoodies for 30$ .But they rather support clothing lines like gucci, louie v etc. we need to support our own .
Wheres the site link

Does he have a website? I'll support.
And out the link in the black business thread.

The most immediate impact can be made today starting w/ you

wise man once said don't go out & try to make the world a better place. Go within & make yourself a better person, that in turn will make the world a better place

we can make all the improvements but if we don't change our mentality it'll be all for naught

it's like building a million dollar house on a weak foundation... it may look nice but it will crumble sooner than later

wise man once said don't go out & try to make the world a better place. Go within & make yourself a better person, that in turn will make the world a better place

we can make all the improvements but if we don't change our mentality it'll be all for naught

it's like building a million dollar house on a weak foundation... it may look nice but it will crumble sooner than later
goat ass post

volunteer at a public school in your neighborhood, and begin to network with people who are already working with the community....

when you find something that's your speed, put as much into it as you can..

and stay positive as possible about black entrepreneurship

I think some ways we can continue the marathon are

Take more care of our health and eat right. More fruits and vegetables.

Grow your own food.

Mentor someone.

Look out for and be kind to strangers and people who are outside of our circle.

Start a business or a side hustle this year. And support each other's businesses when we create them.

Support more local businesses.

Do something charitable regularly. It doesn't have to be money. It can be as simple as showing up and investing your time and energy.

Also y'all can support the movement and add me on ig @Neighborhood_Orchards. It's all about community and individual empowerment. I need to step my social media game up this year.

Last edited:
volunteer at a public school in your neighborhood, and begin to network with people who are already working with the community....

when you find something that's your speed, put as much into it as you can..

and stay positive as possible about black entrepreneurship

Volunteering is so important.

If anyone has any social media businesses/organizations/movements they would like to promote feel free to post it in here also.

Are there any celebrities or artists who we should be supporting that are doing something or have programs for the community?

In particular artists or celebrities who's walk exceeds their talk.

Does David Banner or TI have programs or things we should know about? These are the only ones I can think of off top.

Are there any celebrities or artists who we should be supporting that are doing something or have programs for the community?

In particular artists or celebrities who's walk exceeds their talk.

Does David Banner or TI have programs or things we should know about? These are the only ones I can think of off top.
good question...i think i made a thread about celebs and rappers doing things for the community....let me find it

Slim Thug

Like Chance, Slim Thug has proven himself to be another hometown hero. It’s been exactly one year since Hurricane Harvey nearly destroyed Houston, TX and although the flooding is gone, the city is still very much affected. The aftermath of Harvey caused nearly $125 billion in damage that could take years to rebuild.

Slim Thug, owns a construction company and is using it to give away a home to a Hurricane Harvey victim. The idea arrived from his partners, IJustGotHit.com.

I'm more interested in this.

Also...buying land and commercial property. Black folks wanna combat gentrification, do like Marshawn Lynch and purchase a property.

But don't just buy it and let it sit. Rebuild it. Transform it and put up more black businesses for us to support.

Last edited:
Back