Welcome To aBlackWeb

WestsideGunn and Conway sign to Shady records and drop a new Just Blaze track

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
"Eminem shook up the Hip-Hop space in the early 2010s when he renovated Shady Records. As 50 Cent’s tenure with the label was ending, Em’ brought a long-awaited Bad Meets Evil album to light with Royce 5’9, inked Slaughterhouse, and provided a major home for Yelawolf. Between 2010 and 2012, Shady Records was as exciting as it had been in a decade, handing Nickel Nine a gold-certified collaboration album, and propelling Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, Kxng Crooked, and Royce to the upper-crust of the charts.

Today, Em’ announced some more signings that some fans of the Underground/independent Hip-Hop community may rejoice over. The D12 MC signed siblings Westside Gunn and Conway The Machine to Shady Records. He confirmed tthe signing via twitter.

In a press statement at Shady, Marshall Mathers noted, “The style and energy of Griselda Records, Gunn and Conway are infectious. We can’t wait to put them on the platform they have earned and deserve.” In turn, Em’ unleashed a Just Blaze-produced example of just who he signed, pitted together as brotherly duo, “Hall N’ Nash”:
In a press statement at Shady, Marshall Mathers noted, “The style and energy of Griselda Records, Gunn and Conway are infectious. We can’t wait to put them on the platform they have earned and deserve.” In turn, Em’ unleashed a Just Blaze-produced example of just who he signed, pitted together as brotherly duo, “Hall N’ Nash”:
BANDINI

Last edited:
I love Westsidegunn and conway but I dont know about this move right here.
Em doesnt have a good track record with his artist

and I truly believe these dudes should have taken the independent route.
I guess we just have to wait and see.

My heart hurts right now tho

Last edited:
Yeah I see what you saying its just Idk man.
I remember Ca$his and Bobby Creekwater having trouble
and those niggas were nice.

I mean he did well for slaughterhouse and yelawolf so we will see.

Griselda records was good without being tied to a well known artist.
AND THEY were making waves on the underground tip.
I just dont want these cats to lose their sound and their charisma.

Im telling you tho something in my spirit don't feel right.
I mean Im a heavy Westsidegunn and Conway fan.
I have some of their clothes lmaooooooo
like this shit really hurt my feelings.

Hopefully they keep their sound, I'm still smh @ that first slaughterhouse album and that wack ass ceeloo green single. They made up for it with the House Rules mixtape tho.

Hopefully they keep their sound, I'm still smh @ that first slaughterhouse album and that wack ass ceeloo green single. They made up for it with the House Rules mixtape tho.

MANNNNNNNNN Im about to cry.

The last niggas out with that rugged sound, I mean really embodying the golden era of hip hop, are about to be killed off.
Im about to cry. real tears

Last edited:
Weird ass signing...

As long as nothing changes, we good...

Thought they were doing well without a major tho...

Gl to them...

Yeah that's what Im saying.
The signing is weird to me.

I know its hard to be an independent artist.
I know thats a hard route to take

But I think these cats could have really did it.

but ya know change is inevitable.
I just hope its a good one :(
@achewon87

Nah not yet, Ima check it out after I finish this Drink Champs ep with Duck Down

Are these guys a Duo/Team? Or are they both Solo Artists that just work closely together? im not familiar with their work at all. Any project recommendations?

Are these guys a Duo/Team? Or are they both Solo Artists that just work closely together? im not familiar with their work at all. Any project recommendations?

They arent really a duo.
They feature on each other projects.
They also have solo projects as well

I recommend this album:
This is the first album I listened to by these dudes

What happened to homie's mouth, why that shit leanin to the side? Not trying to be funny, just wonderin

What happened to homie's mouth, why that shit leanin to the side? Not trying to be funny, just wonderin

He was shot in the head which left him with bells palsy.

yo this nigga rapped at a concert straight out the hospital. I mean in a wheelchair rapping. Ill try to find the video.

Back