Welcome To aBlackWeb

We gotta talk about THE greatest story lines in Wrestling History

Mister B.

The Devil’s Greatest Advocate…..
Nowadays, I feel that the art of the story line gets lost in the search for talent and ring persona. But some storylines were so good that it was impossible to overlook.

So, what are some of the greatest story lines done, in your opinion?

I'll start out with three:

3) The Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels feud that led up to The Montreal Screwjob: The two biggest stars at war with each other.

2) 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon....the ultimate story of Star Employee vs The Boss.

of course,

1) Sting vs. Hollywood Hogan & the nWo....a real-live crusader movie played out over 18 months, culminating with possibly the greatest transformations ever done in wrestling.

Last edited:
Megapowers explode.
Evolution breakup.
Rock takes over the Nation.
Ric flair turns heel on Sting even after Sting warned him not to.
The fall of Bret and Shawn and the rise of Stone Cold

Nowadays, I feel that the art of the story line gets lost in the search for talent and ring persona. But some storylines were so good that it was impossible to overlook.

So, what are some of the greatest story lines done, in your opinion?

I'll start out with three:

3) The Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels feud that led up to The Montreal Screwjob

2) 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon

of course,

1) Sting vs. Hollywood Hogan & the nWo....a real-live crusader movie played out over 18 months, culminating with possibly the greatest transformations ever done.

Nothing will be bigger then Sting vs Hogan build. It was over a year of non stop exciting moments without having them barely touch but 2 or 3 times. To me that will always be the markint stick to creating a giant buzz for a feud.

Can’t be too mad at the storytelling with the dirt sheets and everyone wanting to be a booker. You really think that people would have waited a whole year for sting/hogan in 2022? Lmao. Hell, people complained when rock/cena made their mania match a year in advance

Can’t be too mad at the storytelling with the dirt sheets and everyone wanting to be a booker. You really think that people would have waited a whole year for sting/hogan in 2022? Lmao. Hell, people complained when rock/cena made their mania match a year in advance

Hangman and Omega did it. I def think it can be done with the right people. You got to have the 3 or 4 main event guys with it to keep it fresh but yeah wrestling fans just want shit to happen when they want. Look at Cody, mfs wont shut the fuck up and let it happen naturally but its only because they think everytbing should happen when their ready rather when the story is.

But yeah notbing comes close to Sting and Hogan. That was the biggest build and hype going into a wrestling match even compared to WWE history.

Last edited:
Jake Roberts vs dick Slater, dusty vs the horsemen

Facts!

This doesn't get talked about much. 1 man versus 4. That feud was straight CLASSIC.

But that Shawn/Bret storyline...ooo wee! That was REAL heat behind that. That Sunny Days line will forever live in ether infamy. Lol

Matter fact, Macho Mans entire run from entrance to winning the title at WM 8, without Hogan.

Rising star/asshole boyfriend.
Steamboat feud.
Face turn/megapowers/world champion.
GOAT heel turn/megapowers explode.
Macho king/losing his way.
Retirement match/loses career but redeems himself with Liz by his side.
Comeback/wins title without Hogan hot doggin and grandstandin.

HHH vs Stone Cold late 2000 into 2001

fantastic build up to their no way out match. still one of my favorite feuds

That promo was epic. Jim Ross was the shit

“The game has screwed stone cold outta the wwf bah gawd title!”

“well triple h cost stone cold outta wwf title, and bah gawd stone cold has cost the game that same piece of gold!”

That promo was epic. Jim Ross was the shit

“The game has screwed stone cold outta the wwf bah gawd title!”

“well triple h cost stone cold outta wwf title, and bah gawd stone cold has cost the game that same piece of gold!”

JR was gold

Back