Welcome To aBlackWeb

Watch Boston Dynamics’ humanoid robot leap up massive steps like it’s nothing

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
boston-d.gif

Two years ago, Boston Dynamics’ humanoid robot Atlas needed a big ol’ safety tether to shuffle its way down a flat hiking trail. Five years ago it needed a big, bolted-down support structure to keep itself upright.

Now it’s casually leaping up and over obstacles that would leave many humans huffing and puffing.

The company demonstrated Atlas’ newly found hops in a video published this morning:

It starts with a lil’ leap over a log before Atlas bounds its way right up a set of 40 cm (1.3 ft) steps.

While just getting a massive, heavy robot to walk on two feet is a feat few companies have cracked, there’s a whole set of new challenges at play here. Getting Atlas’ limbs up and over the step, while appropriately shifting the weight and momentum onto one foot without the whole thing face-planting… it’s a complicated set of mechanics. Notice the sideways leaps, and — particularly in the slow motion cut at the 9-second mark — the way the hips/feet seem to angle a bit to compensate.

(For the curious: Atlas weighs around 180 lbs, as of the last time Boston Dynamics disclosed the numbers.)

At this point, we’ve gone from “Haha, neat, look at the funny robot running like a human,” to “I’m pretty sure that robot could beat me up.”

Meanwhile, Honda's ASIMO been able to play soccer, dance, hop on one leg, walk backwards, bartend, etc... for years

Americans 10 years behind the curve here.

Boston Dynamics has been my motivation for lifting weights the past two years. This is real life Skynet! Who the fuck are they making the robots to go after? That's right, ALL OF US! They may get me, but I'm taking at least one of those bitches out. Point blank period.

Boston Dynamics has been my motivation for lifting weights the past two years. This is real life Skynet! Who the fuck are they making the robots to go after? That's right, ALL OF US! They may get me, but I'm taking at least one of those bitches out. Point blank period.
or you can learn to code and build your own AI like me....and hack they ass or send your AI to fuck up they command structure.

i am learning python coding language to get a grasp on understanding it to build my own AI, its long and boring but i have the end game in mind.

Nigga you decades behind bruh. You cant catch up unless you dedicate your life to it

Meanwhile, Honda's ASIMO been able to play soccer, dance, hop on one leg, walk backwards, bartend, etc... for years

Preach.

ASIMO gonna be driving cars w/n the next 3 years, while these BD muthafuccas will only have theirs learning how to tip toe.

Aye but why ASIMO be walkin like it has to go to the bathroom? Lol

bruh.....the robot is running and jumping over shit and can move side to side while jumping.....

nah...the japs takes the L on this one.

Idk...that asimo looks like tryna compare Nintendo shit with xbox/ps.

Like boston dynamics robots are gonna rise up and asimo gonna be in the house serving drinks and playing tic tac toe

I'll be impressed when it can beat me up the stairs or jump down a set with no fuck ups. But I'm pretty sure i could be that faggoty robot's ass.

In general tho, since we create our reality and robots are our future it might could happen they go rogue. Our progression is scary. 20 yrs ago my cell might as well been a landline. Now they're all mini computers.

Maximum Overdrive.

Sorry got high then got lost.

Back