Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION VONTAE DAVIS: LIFE AFTER QUITTING THE NFL MIDGAME...

IP360

Doctorate & Ph.D in Bootyology
Figured I share this and get everyone's thoughts...

Vontae Davis quit the NFL midgame. Here's what happened next https://es.pn/303G7A5 via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

This was actually a good read. I laughed when it happened and how it happened. But after reading it the article, I understood.

I see it from both sides really. I can understand why the teammates could be mad. But if your heart is no longer in it, then why put yourself thru it? Especially when you got players like Andrew Luck, and others b4 him retiring early for similar reasons.

I think that's why you see a lot of players are now starting to think more about their long term health...more emphasis on making sure they get that guaranteed money FIRST in them contract negotiations...and players willing to sit out out a season.

What's your opinion on this?

Didnt know him and Vernon were brothers, I understand. I had the same moment at my job a month ago. I been out on leave since July...just couldnt do that shit no more. Man when your mind tells you...aye bruh, this enough, we done. When that shit is so true that it's the clearest your mind has ever been in your life, you done..u just done.

Didnt know him and Vernon were brothers, I understand. I had the same moment at my job a month ago. I been out on leave since July...just couldnt do that shit no more. Man when your mind tells you...aye bruh, this enough, we done. When that shit is so true that it's the clearest your mind has ever been in your life, you done..u just done.

Exactly.

Bruh at peace wit his decision. More respect to him.

At the end of the day, you gotta look out for your own well being. Mentally and physically.

The article was good. And I'm happy to see he's in a good space and fine with his decision. I didn't quite understand when it happened...but I get it. When u done, u done.

It was crazy how it happened but after reading the whole story behind it I can respect what he did as long as he's at peace with life that's all that should matter
But when it comes to your own player, you got in your feelings about his retirement?

I guess I could understand where he coming from. We were also playing like the Dolphins playing this year so far. I wonder if he would've stayed had the Bills been 3-0. Football ain't no joke because of the contact. But if he felt it was time then it is what it is.

But when it comes to your own player, you got in your feelings about his retirement?
It's the way he did it....davis caught the same heat in buffalo when he did it also hell his teammates talked shit about him I never had a problem with luck retiring but the timing was way off

Most football players should be like him to be honest. I don't think NFL players should be allowed to play past 10 years, and most should probably retire after 5 for their own long term health.

Back