Welcome To aBlackWeb

Vince McMahon Retires

A little Q and A from a site I’ve followed for almost 2 decades:

Why do you think Stephanie McMahon was named the interim CEO and not Shane McMahon?

A number of reasons. One, Stephanie has been working for the company full-time in recent years, has been in the middle of everything, knows their vision and was who the Board obviously wanted in the role. They want the message to be that there's a seamless pivot to Steph and they are running smooth. Whether you think he should have been tapped or not, the reality is Shane has not been an company employee for many years and had mostly been a performer with very few behind the scenes responsibilities. The last time he was working behind the scenes was the 2022 Royal Rumble and that went so well, he hasn't worked for the company since. Is it possible he could return in some fashion? Sure, but it's not going to be to run the company for his Dad when his Dad is under investigation. Stephanie has been groomed and prepared for that role for many years and even though Nick Khan is President and in many regards, the internal side of the company has been shaped by him in recent years, they need a McMahon at the helm for public appearances as much as anything else and she's the right choice in my eyes.

Why Stephanie and not HHH?

I don't see Paul Levesque as being the person to put into what will obviously be a stressful situation given his heart issues. The man is still recovering. If Vince McMahon is eventually removed from creative duties, Levesque makes a lot of sense but given his health issues, I don't think putting him into that CEO role would be the best short-term ideas for him or the company. WWE is still in the middle of chaos here. As someone who is watching his father currently recover from a quadruple bypass, I can tell you firsthand that Levesque's health should not be sacrificed to that chaos in my opinion.

Any update on John Laurinaitis?

As of this morning, he is still internally listed as with the company. If and whether that changes remains to be seen. This is all unfolding in real time. I don't think anyone would be stunned to hear this doesn't end well for his status with the company.

Why was Stephanie referred to as Ms. and not Mrs. in that press release? Did I miss something?

Good question and you are not alone asking that this morning. It's also not one that WWE is going to publicly address, especially right now. I honestly don't know if we've missed something but there's been eyebrows raised by some in the company this morning and it's the last thing WWE is going to comment on with all else going on. It could just be they used Ms. and that's all. It's not unusual for that title to be used in business circles.

Did Vince McMahon really just stated he will do whatever the Board wants him to do? Come on, this is like The Emperor in Star Wars listening to the Senate when, as he says, "I AM THE SENATE!" That has to be a work right?

He did. It's a publicly traded company. He's going to have to answer to the Board of Directors' investigation. You aren't working public statements by an officer of - AGAIN - a publicly traded company in the middle of that officer being investigated publicly by an outside third party, especially when you have no idea what could be potentially uncovered.. No matter what happens here, the idea that this company is and always will be Vince McMahon's fiefdom is over. We are looking at a situation that could very well be the beginning of the end of the Vince McMahon saga. We will see, but I expect there will be a lot of cultural changes made in the days and weeks to come internally.

What happens to the Vince McMahon book. Netflix documentary and the People vs. Vince McMahon TV series?

I am going to place the safe bet and say all of those are on hold until they see how this unfolds. Whatever is already written or edited will likely never see the light of day because with these allegations, the prism of how it will all be seen will have changed. Production never kicked off on the fictional People vs. Vince series, so it's entirely possible it, like a lot of other Hollywood projects, disappears into the mists of time, never to be seen.

WOW!!!! Steph went from taking a fake leave of absence (later reports claimed she was low key pushed outta her position) to being the interim CEO.

This part is fascinating to me..they were about to push her out for whatever reason, this ish hits and now it's come back, come back, come back...

Yo corporate business is a muthafuckas..

triple-h-steph-vince-armageddon-1999.jpg

Karma can be slow sometimes lol

I think the screwjob could've been avoided if Bret could've just done good business. Bret took wrestling too seriously and going over in Canada. He should've done the job. I also think Vince could've came up with a good way for Bret to win on air at the PPV and then do some type of wrestling run in with a ref to get the belt off of him off-air. Both were wrong in my opinion BUT to s*** on Bret on his way was out of line

Yeah I'm probably reaching lol
The screw job was a work.

Karma can be slow sometimes lol

I think the screwjob could've been avoided if Bret could've just done good business. Bret took wrestling too seriously and going over in Canada. He should've done the job. I also think Vince could've came up with a good way for Bret to win on air at the PPV and then do some type of wrestling run in with a ref to get the belt off of him off-air. Both were wrong in my opinion BUT to s*** on Bret on his way was out of line

Yeah I'm probably reaching lol

Actually I think Bret himself said he was willing to drop the belt on Raw the next day. That ppv...he just wanted that moment in his home country.

Yall think the board should make Steph permanent CEO?

Idk... The obvious choice is to have HHH as the head of WWE but he's recovering from a heart issue. Idk Steph probably is best choice for now. Shane could be another choice but I was just thinking about all those yrs ago if Vince chose HHH over Shane as his second hand in charge... something is probably up w/Shane.

Shane should be nowhere near that position.

HHH would've been perfect if it wasn't for his health issue.

If Steph were to get the permanent position...I wouldn't be mad at it. I think she definitely would make a lot of positive changes. I can't see her not gettin rid of the "old guard".

Back