Video: Chicago police preparing for tenfold increase in civil unrest after officer shoots 13 y/o

shutupGabi

Head Auntie of Dragonstone; Human Wrongs Activist
Mod Squad
2020 ABW Film Critic
Jan 19, 2017
ABW Bucks
$142,790,451
Shooting somebody the instant the command leaves your lips is crazy. I understand being in the dark and I understand the split second decision but you also gotta give ppl time to comply. You got all that gear on what you scared for

The Lonious Monk

Celestial Souljah
Jan 8, 2018
ABW Bucks
$9,161,489
We should applaud the cops here. At least they didn't do a straight drive-by on the kid like with Tamir Rice, right?

Dec 20, 2017
ABW Bucks
$38,870,185
all i can say is this dude was 13 and it happened at 2:41am. Wha???? those of us who grew up in the atmosphere of the hood know that that lilnigga was up to somethin'. my mama woulda been on my ass stayin out that late, but to not know where i am??? nah! dude was recruited to do older dudes dirt. and his parents talkin bout he loved to build legos...MAN, they didn't really give a fuck. dude was sent to walk the plank long time ago. obviously, he didn't respect his parents. but def the officer fucked up on some being scared shit
My initial visceral reaction about him being out that late was similar to this, but anyone that’s lived in these situations knows how easy it is to do things without parental knowledge. Usually these parents are working crazy hours, 2nd shift and 3rd shift, because that’s all that’s available and they got to do what they got to do.

It’s a tough situation for parents and kids living in these conditions.

Reactions: FlowrenSick

BlackRain

Dec 24, 2017
ABW Bucks
$2,222,703
all i can say is this dude was 13 and it happened at 2:41am. Wha???? those of us who grew up in the atmosphere of the hood know that that lilnigga was up to somethin'. my mama woulda been on my ass stayin out that late, but to not know where i am??? nah! dude was recruited to do older dudes dirt. and his parents talkin bout he loved to build legos...MAN, they didn't really give a fuck. dude was sent to walk the plank long time ago. obviously, he didn't respect his parents. but def the officer fucked up on some being scared shit
You know you could've saved yourself these assumptions about his parents if you actually read some information about the case and would see the young man had just had a missing person report closed out that his parents had put out because he ran away from home a couple days before this and he just come back home. Meaning his parents didn't just not give a fuck.

BlackRain

Dec 24, 2017
ABW Bucks
$2,222,703
And i definitely feel for the family in now the death of a young child is now basically Internet fodder. I can't imagine a video of my loved one being killed not only being passed around but played on loop worldwide. That type of trauma isn't healthy to experience let alone repeatedly

The Lonious Monk

Celestial Souljah
Jan 8, 2018
ABW Bucks
$9,161,489
This is what I actually said.

Don't run. I'm going to say it.

It's not a matter of me trying to force other people into my way of thinking. It's just a fact that the vast majority of the time, running doesn't help. These cops are itching for any reason whatsoever to use force, resisting and running gives them everything they need. The difference between this incident and the one in VA with the military cat is that he stayed calm and didn't run. They still fucked him up with the spray, so you are probably going to catch so abuse no matter what, but resisting and running is a good way to wind up dead for a black man. It just is.
If you read that and get "If you don't run you'll never be shot." There's nothing I can say to you but step up your reading comprehension.

FlowrenSick

Apr 23, 2020
ABW Bucks
$6,083
My initial visceral reaction about him being out that late was similar to this, but anyone that’s lived in these situations knows how easy it is to do things without parental knowledge. Usually these parents are working crazy hours, 2nd shift and 3rd shift, because that’s all that’s available and they got to do what they got to do.

It’s a tough situation for parents and kids living in these conditions.
yeah, even though i initially had an angle, it's like now, i feel it's not my place to add to the madness of it. the fault is all over the place and i'm just a simple assed human that continues learning. one moment it;s cute puppies and the next were looking at shit like this and mass shootings and border situations and a supposed booming economy. so much shit looks, feels and is wrong while we're weeding through the smiling faces of media talking heads. we're going outer space while a single celled organism holds the planet hostage.

FlowrenSick

Apr 23, 2020
ABW Bucks
$6,083
all guys like me can ever give is tales and warnings. observations through what others have experienced coupled with my own. it's all the same and going to be the same. generation can't assign some exclusive code with this shit.